Ford is finally in the 21st century

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
That's gonna REALLY help when dealers no longer exist, and your vehicle is delivered directly to your house.

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
That's gonna REALLY help when dealers no longer exist, and your vehicle is delivered directly to your house.
That was my thoughts too, this would be an integral part of manufacturer to end-user sales

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This won't be available to customers.
Why am I not surprised customers can't use this new system! Well, BMW had a "similar" system in place back in 2014 when I ordered my 2014 Mini Cooper S. As a customer, I could track my order through the factory, onto the ship transporting it to the U.S., and track the progress of the ship from the dock to my dealership. It might not have been as sophisticated as this new Ford tracking system (it wasn't real-time), but it sure worked well for me, providing me as the customer an active tracking system. I loved watching its progress from England to the U.S. It is a real shame that this Ford tracking system cannot be utilized by their customers. Customers who maybe have been waiting for long months for their vehicle to even get built, let alone shipped to them. If I can track my socks order on Amazon, why can't I track my 2022 GT-500 (I wish!) purchase when it ships. Heaven forbid I might get some important info that would help me plan, say, a vacation around a delivery.

Some might say, "but you can just call your dealership and they can tell you its progress". LOL. Good luck with that! Nick is the extreme exception to the rule as far as dealership communication with customers. My own experience locally with multiple dealerships says its hard enough getting a dealer rep to pick up the phone, and harder still to get a return call. Well, at least the dealerships will have access to this great tracking system.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Say we for some stupid reason order from a different dealer thats not yours, would you be able to track it for us?

Heard a story of a guy being told car was not at dealer yet, later on found out it was sitting at the dealer for almost a month.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Say we for some stupid reason order from a different dealer thats not yours, would you be able to track it for us?

Heard a story of a guy being told car was not at dealer yet, later on found out it was sitting at the dealer for almost a month.

Nope, I can only see ones being delivered to me.

Users who are viewing this thread