Ford is finally replacing both of my heads due to the TICK! Have some ??

eatonmufs

Established Member
Had my car at the dealer for the "Tick". They said it was the liftter/lifters. Well they replaced them all and found that the "Tick" was still there. The shop foreman said," I'm just going to order a new engine BUT FIRST I have a couple of guys coming down from FORD to figure out the cause of the problem and to give me the final OK to order the new motor.

So I ask all who have been there. Whats next for me?

yellow 04 cobra

Established Member
mine is at the dealer getting new heads. they called me last night and told me that 2 cylinders had scarring and they were not putting the heads on till ford came out and took a peek. the rep is comming today so we will see what happens. this will be engine #3 and the car has 4600 miles

FordFreak

Established Member
eatonmufs said:
Had my car at the dealer for the "Tick". They said it was the liftter/lifters. Well they replaced them all and found that the "Tick" was still there. The shop foreman said," I'm just going to order a new engine BUT FIRST I have a couple of guys coming down from FORD to figure out the cause of the problem and to give me the final OK to order the new motor.

I had the same thing done to my car. They replaced all the followers on both banks. It took the tick away a little bit, but the tick came back.
I took it in a couple weeks ago for the tick and my alt pulley coming off. A field rep said the tick was normal and they denied my want for the head swap. What a fu.cking dick head!
So Im gonna take it in again to a different service writer with the car real hot and ticking loud! :-D

WDW MKR

Established Member
eatonmufs said:

I can't believe they're even looking at your car after looking at your sig.

eatonmufs

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
I can't believe they're even looking at your car after looking at your sig.

She went in 100% stock.

UPDATE:
Ford called me today telling me that the FORD Techs were there and gone. Examined the car and took pictures. I asked him if they found anything wrong. He said that 99 times outa 100 they tell him when they suspect modding or abuse. They left saying NOTHING at all and that everything seem to be right on track. Tomorrow they will call with the final decision for a new motor. I sure hope all goes well.
By the way. if any ford or svt techs do indeed moniter this forum, the car I am referring to in this post has nothing to do with the car in my signature. :rockon:

04SVTCobra

Established Member
I just got my car back after a week and a half at the dealership. The dealer did change the driver's side head! :rockon:
6 months ago I had taken it in for the same tick and they had replaced the lifters and other internals but the tick came back. I don't hear the tick right now. But I'll be listening really close for the next couple of days to see if it comes back.

I'm glad the dealership I took it to didn't give me any problems in replacing the head! :-D

Hye

Established Member
brasil said:
Ford is wanting the delaer to put in a new engine because they said that replacing both heads would exceed the cost cap for replairs, but they are fighting to put the new heads on because if a new engine is put in,k it will have the old heads, which will likely develop the tick. The dealer has the head for weeks already, but Ford is making them got through all the BS of retorquing cam ladders and all, which they know will not solve the TICK. THsi is a bunch of BS if you ask me. It is a known fact that all of these heads should be replace on all 03/04 Cobras. This is my second Cobra with the same kind of problems. Ford allready bough the 03 that I had back.

great, does this mean i have it too?

can you describe to me what too look for, simple as just a tick? (sorry im too lazy to do a search)

eatonmufs

Established Member
UPDATE:

GOT THE CALL!! New motor approved and ordered. Should arrive in 5 to 6 days! Thank you Ford and SVT. :banana:

I offered to buy the old motor but the answer was no. He said Ford is going to tear the old motor down to find the problem and cause. :nono:

My quest is over....for now. Good luck to the rest of you..

DitchTehFish

Established Member
eatonmufs said:
UPDATE:

GOT THE CALL!! New motor approved and ordered. Should arrive in 5 to 6 days! Thank you Ford and SVT. :banana:

You're going to have the "old" heads on the "new" motor. Obviously, there are a lot of Cobras out there with the "old" heads that did not develop the tick. However, you still have a chance of developing the tick again. New heads on old motor > new motor

Last edited:

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
eatonmufs said:
UPDATE:

I offered to buy the old motor but the answer was no. He said Ford is going to tear the old motor down to find the problem and cause. :nono:

Think they really do that? :read:

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
AND THE BULL CONTINUES!!!!!!! I called the dealer back today, and they said that the Ford engineers should arrive at the dealership next Monday or Tuesday to look at my car. That will make it two weeks that the car is there already. What a bunch of Bull! I was told that they had ordered the heads and it was just as simple as bringing my car in to get them swapped, when I arrived they told me that they would have to reverify the whole thing and go through all kinds of protocols before getting an approval from Ford

04SVTCOBRA: Please PM me the dealer that you are working with. I might have to take a trip to southernCali.

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
You know most ford dealers/FORD are going to be giving everyone the run around probily hoping you end up just saying screw it and live with the ticking head like many people have done already. They are going to make every delay they can probily to discourage people. This thread pretty much sums up how ford stands behind there product!!!!! They don't!!!!!! They don't want to give up a penny for the customer and try voiding everyones warranty for some bulls*it reasons. i am really fed up with Ford and the way they treat there customer, I wonder if i will ever buy another ford again. Don't get me wrong i love my cars i just don't like the company that makes my cars. They don't want to fix problems on there cars that they damn well know are there!!!!!! yet they want us to keeping coming back to them and buy more cars. I am just plain fed up with FORD and the way they treat the customer who spends over $30,000 for car. I sure hope someone from ford reads this. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: sorry for the long post just gets me fed up when i read these type of threads........ :bash: :fm:

Last edited:

eatonmufs

Established Member
03SvtSonicCobra said:
You know most ford dealers/FORD are going to be giving everyone the run around probily hoping you end up just saying screw it and live with the ticking head like many people have done already. They are going to make every delay they can probily to discourage people. This thread pretty much sums up how ford stands behind there product!!!!! They don't!!!!!! They don't want to give up a penny for the customer and try voiding everyones warranty for some bulls*it reasons. i am really fed up with Ford and the way they treat there customer, I wonder if i will ever buy another ford again. Don't get me wrong i love my cars i just don't like the company that makes my cars. They don't want to fix problems on there cars that they damn well know are there!!!!!! yet they want us to keeping coming back to them and buy more cars. I am just plain fed up with FORD and the way they treat the customer who spends over $30,000 for car. I sure hope someone from ford reads this. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: sorry for the long post just gets me fed up when i read these type of threads........ :bash: :fm:

Wow. Those are powerful words. I understand what your saying bro. I just don't know man. Now Im getting a new motor but with the "Old" heads.?. All I can say is I LOVE MY Cobra. If she breaks again, I'll just rebuild her the RIGHT way. I'll never let her go.....Shes my life

Last edited:

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
FUC$ FORD!!!! Now I am really ****ing mad!!! After my car spent two weeks at the dealer, with the new heads sitting at the parts department, they sent a dumb a$$ engineer out to look at the car, and I hear he saying that the TICK is now considered normal!! He also said that since my engine was produced on 01/04 it already has the NEW heads that were released to the public on 01/05. Can someone in here with an inside connection to Ford proove that? According to SVT, these new heads are not in any 04 Cobras, and that they are completely new. Funny how they published that memo on June of 04 saying that they were aware of the TICk and that engineering was working on the proble, now that they appaerantly have a fix, they will not warranty these ****i$g cars!! This bullshit is unbelievable!!!!!!! Can anyone confirm if these heads made are indeed the ones in the 04 CObras that were produced after 01/04?

eatonmufs

Established Member
brasil said:
This bullshit is unbelievable!!!!!!! Can anyone confirm if these heads made are indeed the ones in the 04 CObras that were produced after 01/04?

I was told by the Shop Formen at my SVT dealership that the heads on ALL the o4's after 01/04 were and are the "Updated" ones. How true is that??? I guess we'll never know...

DitchTehFish

Established Member
eatonmufs said:
I was told by the Shop Formen at my SVT dealership that the heads on ALL the o4's after 01/04 were and are the "Updated" ones. How true is that??? I guess we'll never know...

Interesting! James, maybe it's the truth?! I guess my "early" run 04 has the same heads as the 03's. :shrug:

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
brasil said:
FUC$ FORD!!!! Now I am really ****ing mad!!! After my car spent two weeks at the dealer, with the new heads sitting at the parts department, they sent a dumb a$$ engineer out to look at the car, and I hear he saying that the TICK is now considered normal!! He also said that since my engine was produced on 01/04 it already has the NEW heads that were released to the public on 01/05. Can someone in here with an inside connection to Ford proove that? According to SVT, these new heads are not in any 04 Cobras, and that they are completely new. Funny how they published that memo on June of 04 saying that they were aware of the TICk and that engineering was working on the proble, now that they appaerantly have a fix, they will not warranty these ****i$g cars!! This bullshit is unbelievable!!!!!!! Can anyone confirm if these heads made are indeed the ones in the 04 CObras that were produced after 01/04?

Hmmm, I dont believe that at all, that the 04's have the new heads....tell you what. Have you tried calling SVT yet and asking them, take that memo in and show it to the rep.

rick

Users who are viewing this thread