Ford Mgt. read this

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
Make sure you get to bed early tonight junior, first period comes early.. :burn:
and you add the "burn" smily to that post? shit man! you got me good with that one!!! you really look like one with a real life(trying to make fun of highschool kids and their vehicles):kaboom:

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
Well like I said, I have been with Hertz for twenty years. we get the cars Brand New from the Factory, with all the plastic, grease pencil marks, defects, and missing parts. Cars are delivered by PMT and Hadley transport. These are not cars that are overstocked sitting on Car Dealer lots. A "Turnback" is a car that goes to a auction yard, bid on by Dealers Only. A "Carsale" typically goes to the Hertz Car Sales lots. A "Wholesale" is auctioned off at a General Public Action. Most "Wholesale" units have broke program by: excessive miles, past program date, been in a accident, or missed maintenance cap. We also have a " CAMPAIGN Lease" which is when a manufacture gives us a "new model" before the dealers get them. It's a short term lease at NO Cost to us. We rent them, you see them on the road, and you run to the dealership to buy one. Free advertising for the manufacturer!!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
and you add the "burn" smily to that post? shit man! you got me good with that one!!! you really look like one with a real life(trying to make fun of highschool kids and their vehicles):kaboom:

You give it but can't take it. Get over yourself. You have accomplished NOTHING with your life.

Stay in school :read:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
how can i not take it? all im doing is pointing out that your someone thats supposed to be mature yet all you do is attempt to make fun of the vehicle someone drives when you cant come up with anything else. am i wrong in pointing that out(rhetorical question by the way)? i really am sorry, but i seriously believe you have next to no life. i am not "all over myself' or whatever your insinuating. that would actually be a few of my friends that think their the strongest person around just because they can bench press 180(bench press is nothing, doesnt even target one specific muscle group). and i know ive accomplished nothing in my life, im a highschool, what the hell do you expect? i never claimed i accomplished anything in life. is this really the only way you know how to make a comeback or whatever? either pointing out the obvious or putting words in someones mouth(in essence)???

yea, was planning on staying in school since i have all of 3 months left.

i feel sorry for you since you must feel so insecure, otherwise i dont know what it could be.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
HOLLYWDHOMICIDE said:
we get the cars Brand New from the Factory, with all the plastic, grease pencil marks, defects, and missing parts. Cars are delivered by PMT and Hadley transport. These are not cars that are overstocked sitting on Car Dealer lots. A "Turnback" is a car that goes to a auction yard, bid on by Dealers Only. A "Carsale" typically goes to the Hertz Car Sales lots. A "Wholesale" is auctioned off at a General Public Action.

i am failing to see how one can read actuall dealer unit sales(or even a national average) based solely on the number of turnbacks, carsales, and wholesale units from hertz? specifically how can a future used car sale can effect new inventory on sale to the public?

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE said:
You are DEAD WRONG.....when the rental cars go back as Turnbacks, Car Sales, or Wholesale, it floods the market with with those models and the New Car Dealers can't sell there stock.

jimmy77

Established Member
So the frustration(I mean fusion) is pulling away camry and accord buyers???? Really??? Funny, as I look out the window my 30 mpg(wether I like it or not) accord is still there!!! The fusion will NEVER come close to either! Guess which one of the 3 is NOT built in the good ole USA????? The SNOOOZZZION!

jcthorne

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
whats up with american car companies? we have so much repetition in the car world its not even funny. one thing is for sure, nissan is looking like a genius for dropping the datsun name when the company merged years ago.

there is no reason the have the same car with 2-5 different names!

Just as a matter of historical clairification, Datsun and Nissan did not merge. Datsun was the name Nissan sold cars under in the US until the early 80s because thier market research told them too many US consumers still had bad thoughts of fighting against Nissan tanks......The name Datsun is actually formed from Son of DAT, DAT was the original name of Nissan and is the initials of the 3 co-founders.

Just an interesting automotive history tidbit. I now return you to the previous ADM argument.......

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
jimmy77 said:
So the frustration(I mean fusion) is pulling away camry and accord buyers???? Really??? Funny, as I look out the window my 30 mpg(wether I like it or not) accord is still there!!! The fusion will NEVER come close to either! Guess which one of the 3 is NOT built in the good ole USA????? The SNOOOZZZION!

So you think the accord has American made parts on it, that are made by American made robots, that were put on an assembly line by an American tool maker? :lol: Oh God it hurts :lol: :lol:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
jimmy77 said:
guess which 2 companies have a financial advantage because of backing from their government? not only that but, guess which company has to deal with the UAW? if you really dont know, the first answer is toyota and honduh and the second is ford. yea thats right, the few americans that are employed by the japs dont have any sort of union support. keep your asian part, ugly ass turd. ill admit that the fusion could look better but shit, those honduhs look like ****in turds that were placed in a windtunnel, and toyotas hardly look much better.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
HOLLYWDHOMICIDE said:
Justin....you can't bullshit me on the Ford Fusion. I have worked for Hertz Rent a car for more than twenty years. We are getting truck loads of Fusions, Ford 500's, and Mustang V6's. The reason why we get them is because guys like yourself that work at Ford Dealerships can't SELL them. The American public is not Buying them!!! They must go somewhere, so they end up in the rental fleets. We have customers asking for a Ford Taurus over a Ford 500!! If Ford built a decent mid and fullsize vehicle, maybe they could get on track. The Ford Truck Series still builds awesome trucks. Lets hope they don't mess with them!:beer:

Actually. Thats not how it works. Before the model year has even started your rental car companies place an order of FLEET vehicles. These are VIN'ed and stickered differently than RETAIL units. If you are getting more, its because your company called for more of them because they had a demand for them. So Ford goes to the assembly line, VIN's and Sticker's Fusions to go to Rental fleets. Thats how it works.

Once you are through with them, they go back to Ford and then to the auction to be sold by dealers.

You do not get more cars because they are not being sold. And yes the Fusion IS selling well. I don't know where you got the information that it wasn't. You're not out on lots selling them, neither am I, however, every morning/week/month/year I look over a zone/territory/regional/crosscountry sheet of how many cars are sold. It will never be the Accord or Camry. Ford was too late for that. But it does put a foot in the market with a really great car. Market share is market share.

How do I know this? Well after being in a dealership all my life, then working for Ford, all the while going to an Automotive Business Marketing School (of which I have a BBA in), you tend to learn these things.

So Thank you for you input, and good day. Is this stil a GT500 related topic?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread