Ford Mgt. read this

chuckstang

Established Member
Everyone remain calm, once the Challenger, Camaro and other competitors hit the streets, the GT500 prices will plumit faster than Brittney Spear's marriage.
The GT500 is hot right now because there really is no other car out there competing against it but once the challengers come (no pun intended) the prices will go down to msrp and possibly less. Every new performance car goes through this cycle. Jesus, it's only been out for less than a year!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
who are the ones causing a fuss? would it be the people bellyaching about fords dealership program?

For someone with a Ranger, you sure spend a lot of time all over this board defending the GT500 :shrug:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
oh shit! sir-badass has to come in and make a comment about someones vehicle!!! whenever i get my stang(sure wont be a brand new one anytime soon) i think ill just leave the ol' tracker in my profile just to see how many more people i can get to "bite" on this forum. hilarious.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
oh shit! sir-badass has to come in and make a comment about someones vehicle!!! whenever i get my stang(sure wont be a brand new one anytime soon) i think ill just leave the ol' tracker in my profile just to see how many more people i can get to "bite" on this forum. hilarious.

Looks like I have a fanclub, are you following me now?

Keep reachin for that Mustang, make sure to do good in high school so you can get a good job scooping icecream kid :loser:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Ok. I thought I ended this thread along time ago.

ADM's are not Ford's fault.

ITS ALL OF YOUR FAULT. YES YOU. YOU the market are WILLING to pay ADM's. If you weren't, Dealers wouldn't sell them at that.

SOOOO rather than bitch about Ford and dealers, bitch at all the rich guys that are paying the ADM's. As long as they continue to pay it, ADM's will continue.

Its a FREE MARKET ECONOMY.

And before you all flame theshit out of me. I for one am COMPLETELY against ADM's. And would never charge one. Ever. I am just stating the facts.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
Looks like I have a fanclub, are you following me now?

Keep reachin for that Mustang, make sure to do good in high school so you can get a good job scooping icecream kid :loser:
nope, ive been posting on this forum for a while now.

keep reachin, huh? how much do you really think an SN-95 costs(let alone a fox, but those things are ugly though)? and i already have a job lined up in june, electrician job for IBEW(union). great pay, great benefits, they cover any future schooling, etc. wont be a problem gettin in anyways, have a brother in law that knows someone who owes him.

you sure know you have a great life when you sit around on a computer making fun of the vehicle highschool kids drive, moron:kaboom:

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
Hey Chris.....Coming from a Ford salesman, I would think you would post about Fords lack of mid and fullsize vehicles forsale to the American public!! The Mustang GT500 will never solve Fords problems even if they built 100,000 a year and sold them at invoice. The Fusion and the Ford 500 are just another disaster!!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
For someone with a Ranger, you sure spend a lot of time all over this board defending the GT500 :shrug:

yea the biggest mistake in my life was turning down the 300k house to buy my mach 1. 18 months later i came to my senses and sold the mach 1 to purchase a house. that 300k house became a 600k house in that same 18 months i owned my mach 1. so live and learn.:bash::beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Chris Benvie said:
ADM's are not Ford's fault.

ITS ALL OF YOUR FAULT. YES YOU. YOU the market are WILLING to pay ADM's. If you weren't, Dealers wouldn't sell them at that.

SOOOO rather than bitch about Ford and dealers, bitch at all the rich guys that are paying the ADM's. As long as they continue to pay it, ADM's will continue.

Its a FREE MARKET ECONOMY.

And before you all flame theshit out of me. I for one am COMPLETELY against ADM's. And would never charge one. Ever. I am just stating the facts.
Thank you..........:rockon:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The Fusion and the Ford 500 are just another disaster!!!
Really? In what respect? The Fusion is gaining popularity by the day and each month it is selling more and more across the nation. It is met all expectations by Ford, and is now starting to really pull people away from the accord and camry.

The 500, I can somewhat agree with you but definately not the Fusion.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
HOLLYWDHOMICIDE said:
Hey Chris.....Coming from a Ford salesman, I would think you would post about Fords lack of mid and fullsize vehicles forsale to the American public!! The Mustang GT500 will never solve Fords problems even if they built 100,000 a year and sold them at invoice. The Fusion and the Ford 500 are just another disaster!!!

Well, I'm not a salesman, but I can still answer your question.

The 500 is a disaster because its underpowered. The price is right and people DO buy them. Just not people like you and me. (whitetops usually)

The Fusion is a GREAT car. We have sold many of them. And they are still selling quite well, and will continue to.

The Focus still sells well. Bring back an SVT version

The Mustang sells fantastically still, especially the V6 fleet units.

The Freestyle. BOOOOOOOO. Can't give them away.

The Freestar. HAHA Ford should scrap the mini-van idea.

The Escape. 1st hybrid SUV. Still sells well especially in non hybrid trim at 25mpg.

The Edge. Selling well. Rides like shit. Looks like shit. Has no balls. That market will cool off after the general hoopla.

The Exploder. Still sell very very well and the public loves it.

The Expedition. The jury is still out.

Trucks in General. Stil sell well, Ford's Bread and butter.

Ford SHOULD not be killing the crownvic. They should have updated it, to compete with the charger. The local PD's are all going with Chargers now. THAT ALOT of missed fleet sales and the service departments will feel the blow.

A completely redesigned Taurus would have helped.

The GT500 won't solve a think. But it is a POSITIVE cash flow. Which they need right now.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
yea the biggest mistake in my life was turning down the 300k house to buy my mach 1. 18 months later i came to my senses and sold the mach 1 to purchase a house. that 300k house became a 600k house in that same 18 months i owned my mach 1. so live and learn.:bash::beer:

That's a better decision by far, I'm just wondering why you waste so much energy when there's always going to posts crying about ADMs. :shrug:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
you sure know you have a great life when you sit around on a computer making fun of the vehicle highschool kids drive, moron:kaboom:

Make sure you get to bed early tonight junior, first period comes early.. :burn:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
That's a better decision by far, I'm just wondering why you waste so much energy when there's always going to posts crying about ADMs. :shrug:

i enjoy the auto industry. crazy i know, i like to see what bigger and better cars we will see from year to year. the reason for my strong statements is that so few really have a clue at what needs to take place at the corporate level. i probably know less than 1/2 of what needs to take place to bring a new product to market and all i can think about is "what a pain in the ass".

but the bottom line is someone will always want something for nothing. and when they dont get all they do is whine. i like to think that i am here to educate or maybe just to pass along info. at the same i get to increase my knowledge about cars and business procedures that can help me in the future.:beer:

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
Justin....you can't bullshit me on the Ford Fusion. I have worked for Hertz Rent a car for more than twenty years. We are getting truck loads of Fusions, Ford 500's, and Mustang V6's. The reason why we get them is because guys like yourself that work at Ford Dealerships can't SELL them. The American public is not Buying them!!! They must go somewhere, so they end up in the rental fleets. We have customers asking for a Ford Taurus over a Ford 500!! If Ford built a decent mid and fullsize vehicle, maybe they could get on track. The Ford Truck Series still builds awesome trucks. Lets hope they don't mess with them!:beer:

CGoeschel

Established Member
The fact that Hertz has a bunch of them has absolutely nothing to do with dealers not being able to sell them..not one single thing. In fact, the Fusion has done far better than Ford expected. And rental Mustangs and Fusions help sell more of those to potential customers after they drive them.

Last edited:

HOLLYWDHOMICIDE

Deadly Fast
Established Member
You are DEAD WRONG.....when the rental cars go back as Turnbacks, Car Sales, or Wholesale, it floods the market with with those models and the New Car Dealers can't sell there stock.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
HOLLYWDHOMICIDE said:
You are DEAD WRONG.....when the rental cars go back as Turnbacks, Car Sales, or Wholesale, it floods the market with with those models and the New Car Dealers can't sell there stock.

do the rental car agencys get new fleet cars or do they get the cars that have been sitting on dealer lots for months at a time? from my understanding ford builds extra fusions among other cars trucks specifically for rental and other fleets vehicles. the number produced for these fleets have no bearing on actual dealer sales to the public.

to determine whether or not a dealer can sell his stock after the turnbacks have been released would you not have to be a dealer? do you have any sales figures for your statement?

Users who are viewing this thread