Ford Racing 10:1 Aluminator has arrived

MalcolmV8

Established Member
you know how i know youre gay? You got not only something in the mail...but something huge in the mail and u didnt open it up!

Interesting way of earning the title gay there my friend....

I'm pretty sure he meant that as a joke man. It's from that movie 40 year old virgin. These two friends are sitting there playing video games and bantering back and forth firing off these "you know how I know you're gay?" jokes. I think he was just trying to be funny.

Anyhow 10:1 seems really high man. Is that because of E85? When I rebuilt my motor everyone on here said to lower my compression so I went with 19cc pistons which lowered my compression over stock to run even more boost. I'm not sure how accurate that is now because I see everyone on the forums going to slightly higher compression than stock. My car runs great so I'm not complaining about the lower compression but apparently throttle response is greatly increased and the car is much snappier with more compression. Makes me wish I'd increased compression and not lowered it but I'm not gonna worry about it now :)

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
You are nuts Erik! Fix the a/c in your jeep first!

AC has been fixed in the cherokee....started last saturday removing the whole damn dash, was "chillin" by Wednesday!

let me see if i can get my pics to download on photobucket.......

here is one i know that loaded, will try again all

DSCN4449.jpg

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
well hell its 10:25 pm and no pics....

sounds like fun man. just make sure you get her tuned right.

pics are coming

I am VERY impressed with your visions. :beer:

:beer:

I'm pretty sure he meant that as a joke man. It's from that movie 40 year old virgin. These two friends are sitting there playing video games and bantering back and forth firing off these "you know how I know you're gay?" jokes. I think he was just trying to be funny.

Anyhow 10:1 seems really high man. Is that because of E85? When I rebuilt my motor everyone on here said to lower my compression so I went with 19cc pistons which lowered my compression over stock to run even more boost. I'm not sure how accurate that is now because I see everyone on the forums going to slightly higher compression than stock. My car runs great so I'm not complaining about the lower compression but apparently throttle response is greatly increased and the car is much snappier with more compression. Makes me wish I'd increased compression and not lowered it but I'm not gonna worry about it now :)

i knew he was joking....guess i need to get out of the garage and start watching more movies!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I remember the day I unpacked mine. I also remember the day we tried to spin the motor by hand and it wouldnt move, then the day when FRPP lied and lied some more about it, then the day my buddy and I tore apart a brand new motor to fix it, and then the day it fired up on the first try!

congrats bud. Just be ready to grind down those knock sensor mounting points in the valley, make your own pcv fitting or just plug it and bypass the pcv system on the bottom of the lower intake because it wont clear the much shallower valley, and also remember to get the correct gasket for the oil cooler. I'll have to go back and look to remember what it was. I think it calls for the orange one but you actually need the blue one.

The way work has been going for me I wont be able to make it down to hang with you and Kevin for C&C until spring.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
here is what we used for the pcv fitting under the intake. I later bypassed the pcv system and could have just used a plug but atleast this way I can always go back to having the pcv system working.

P1010066.jpg

you'll have to grind these down almost level with the valley because they hit the lower intake.
P1010070.jpg

Maching-U

Established Member
Will that timing cover on the new motor work with the Cobra front dress or are you going to have to swap it out with your existing one?

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
I remember the day I unpacked mine. I also remember the day we tried to spin the motor by hand and it wouldnt move, then the day when FRPP lied and lied some more about it, then the day my buddy and I tore apart a brand new motor to fix it, and then the day it fired up on the first try!

congrats bud. Just be ready to grind down those knock sensor mounting points in the valley, make your own pcv fitting or just plug it and bypass the pcv system on the bottom of the lower intake because it wont clear the much shallower valley, and also remember to get the correct gasket for the oil cooler. I'll have to go back and look to remember what it was. I think it calls for the orange one but you actually need the blue one.

The way work has been going for me I wont be able to make it down to hang with you and Kevin for C&C until spring.

B....thanks for all the info! you da man! Trust me, the next C&C i go to will be like November....this weather just blows

Totally Bad Ass! I am next... going to put my stock motor in my 51 ford truck....

i have contemplayed dropping my orig motor in my 01 cherokee.....but thats my daily and cant afford to have it down for a year! that would be a fab nightmare.....

Will that timing cover on the new motor work with the Cobra front dress or are you going to have to swap it out with your existing one?

the NA aluminator has the mach 1 front cover. there is only one bolt hole missing to accommodate the cobra front dress, its not a critical one from what steve told me. Not gonna swap out the covers for a minor missing bolt whole.....when i have both engines side by side.....maybe ill change my mind

Maching-U

Established Member
DSCN4466.jpg

Here is the 03-04 Cobra timing cover. I think it's more than just one bolt hole difference.

Notice the area where the alternator bracket is bolted to and the idler mounting near it.

You're going to have problems mounting your alternator, pulley bridge and lower pulley cage to the Mach I cover. Just trying to make you aware and prepare for it.

03_cobra_TC.gif

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
badass looking motor and i love the idea of the aluminum block...but why in the hell would ford not make some design provisions for an 03/04 cobra application? even if the price was slightly higher than $6100? seems like the 25000 owners with 7 yr old 03/04 cobra's would be a the best place to market this motor

Puma

Established Member
badass looking motor and i love the idea of the aluminum block...but why in the hell would ford not make some design provisions for an 03/04 cobra application? even if the price was slightly higher than $6100? seems like the 25000 owners with 7 yr old 03/04 cobra's would be a the best place to market this motor

There is a version of the Aluminator that is intended as a direct fit for 03-04 Cobras. It has a lower (8.5:1) compression and the correct front cover.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
DSCN4466.jpg

Here is the 03-04 Cobra timing cover. I think it's more than just one bolt hole difference.

Notice the area where the alternator bracket is bolted to and the idler mounting near it.

You're going to have problems mounting your alternator, pulley bridge and lower pulley cage to the Mach I cover. Just trying to make you aware and prepare for it.

03_cobra_TC.gif

thanks for the heads up....more detailed than was mentioned to me. no biggie, will just swap covers, appreciate the reference pics

There is a version of the Aluminator that is intended as a direct fit for 03-04 Cobras. It has a lower (8.5:1) compression and the correct front cover.

exactly

forcefedcobra

Established Member
B....thanks for all the info! you da man! Trust me, the next C&C i go to will be like November....this weather just blows

:beer: You bet! If you need anymore help just let me know. My buddy and I have been elbow deep into the aluminator........Just drop me a PM or get my number from Kev.

October/November sounds good! I wont have to scrape bug guts off the car from the drive down and temps will be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread