Ford Racing 10:1 Aluminator has arrived

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Looks Great Eric...dibs on the valve covers :p Let me know if I can be of any help with the install.

Thx Chris....be careful what you ask for, it has been a scorcher in my garage with these 100 plus temps.

So what valve covers you want? As much as the Aluminator blue ones clash with redfire.....I might be keeping them.

Interested in my black ones??

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Ok so made pretty good progress this weekend. Engine is almost ready to come out!

- exhaust , driveshaft, blower, tranny are removed.
- All fluids drained
- Still gotta remove AC compressor, power steering, and alternator

Really dont think much more is left to go.....not to bad to do in a normal garage....just nuts and bolts really......

some progress pics!

DSCN4478.jpg

DSCN4487.jpg

DSCN4489.jpg

DSCN4493.jpg

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
FYI tranny removal with BBK LTs = non issue, no harder than removing it with stock manifolds really....separate tranny from bellhousing 1st and youre good to go. I will be pulling the motor with bellhousing and LTs still attached.

So clutch wise, currently I have a zoom factor 2 twin disk (920 lb/ft capacity). I have contemplated swapping it out, but am considering just keeping it since it only has 6000 miles on it and has been an awesome clutch. I will be swapping out the aluminum flywheel and going with a steal one though.....

Last edited:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
FYI tranny removal with BBK LTs = non issue, no harder than removing it with stock manifolds really....separate tranny from bellhousing 1st and youre good to go. I will be pulling the motor with bellhousing and LTs still attached.

So clutch wise, currently I have a zoom factor 2 twin disk (920 lb/ft capacity). I have contemplated swapping it out, but am considering just keeping it since it only has 6000 miles on it and has been an awesome clutch. I will be swapping out the aluminum flywheel and going with a steal one though.....

nice work! The swap really isnt bad in a garage with jack stands and an engine hoist. I hope you popped the lower pulley before you removed everything else though. It's not going to be easy to do with the motor out of the car...........trust me!

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I remember the day I unpacked mine. I also remember the day we tried to spin the motor by hand and it wouldnt move, then the day when FRPP lied and lied some more about it, then the day my buddy and I tore apart a brand new motor to fix it, and then the day it fired up on the first try!

congrats bud. Just be ready to grind down those knock sensor mounting points in the valley, make your own pcv fitting or just plug it and bypass the pcv system on the bottom of the lower intake because it wont clear the much shallower valley, and also remember to get the correct gasket for the oil cooler. I'll have to go back and look to remember what it was. I think it calls for the orange one but you actually need the blue one.

The way work has been going for me I wont be able to make it down to hang with you and Kevin for C&C until spring.

thanks for the info on the PCV, now I know what is waiting for me when I try to put the blower on

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Thats a thing of beauty! Glad to hear about the BBK's. just put some on my car and have been reading how you can't remove the trans but it looked like you could when I installed them. You confirmed it.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Holy shit Erik... . Certified bad ass. :rockon:
Kinda funny, if i remember our last conversation went something like.. . 'Yea, i'm happy with everything. I'm just going to take it easy for a while..'
:lol:

Have fun tearing it apart. :beer:

Last edited:

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Thx Chris....be careful what you ask for, it has been a scorcher in my garage with these 100 plus temps.

So what valve covers you want? As much as the Aluminator blue ones clash with redfire.....I might be keeping them.

Interested in my black ones??

I wasn't sure what you were going to do with the stock motor, but I was gonna give you cash plus mine for the wrinkle blue hehe...I would have to think on the black. Are you working on the car tonight? Dane left for California today so I can help with the removal if needed tonight.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
nice work! The swap really isnt bad in a garage with jack stands and an engine hoist. I hope you popped the lower pulley before you removed everything else though. It's not going to be easy to do with the motor out of the car...........trust me!

lower pulley is still on .... i have not popped it yet....but dont you worry, i have a 4 lb sledge with that lower pulley's name all over it!

thanks for the info on the PCV, now I know what is waiting for me when I try to put the blower on

yep its one of those little quirks you gotta address when going aluminator

Thats a thing of beauty! Glad to hear about the BBK's. just put some on my car and have been reading how you can't remove the trans but it looked like you could when I installed them. You confirmed it.

bro i did it on my back on garage floor no problems at all. just undo trans from bellhsg, remove it, then take off bellhsg....simple as pie

Holy shit Erik... . Certified bad ass. :rockon:
Kinda funny, if i remember our last conversation went something like.. . 'Yea, i'm happy with everything. I'm just going to take it easy for a while..'
:lol:

Have fun tearing it apart. :beer:

Noel....you know me bro! Always up to something! And that last conversation we had was back in December! Things change any given day in my garage....

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
I wasn't sure what you were going to do with the stock motor, but I was gonna give you cash plus mine for the wrinkle blue hehe...I would have to think on the black. Are you working on the car tonight? Dane left for California today so I can help with the removal if needed tonight.

Chris,
As much as the blue clashes with redfire.....i think i am going to keep the blue ones, really havent decided yet.

i am at a stopping point now until i can pick up a cherry picker and engine cart from JC..... i have officially disconnected and/or drained everything as of 1 am this morning.

feel free to stop by and check out the carnage, but there will not be anymore wrenching until i get the removal hardware i need

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Cool..no worries. Let me know when you get started again.

Engine is ready to be pulled as of today. Went ahead and popped the clutch , bellhousing, and flywheel off. Starter is out too.

Gonna lay low for a few days, will be busy for the next few days and off to San Antonio this weekend. So.....engine pull will be next week sometime.

Good work bro. Save that tranny jack for me. :thumbsup:

You got it bro.....it was on sale at harbor freight.....so I'm gonna keep it. Yours when you need it. Picked up the engine cart from JC today. Getting cherry picker from a coworker tomorrow. Will go ahead and "uncrate" the aluminator and mount it on cart tomorrow evening.

Erik, nice progress, can't wait to follow the progress and see the results. :beer:

Thanks bro....this project really wont take too long, most likely will be done in July sometime. I'm really in no rush..... but of course i will keep this thread alive as events change!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
lower pulley is still on .... i have not popped it yet....but dont you worry, i have a 4 lb sledge with that lower pulley's name all over it!

It will take that and a helluva pry bar to keep the crank from moving.

The wife's old neon that I have been using as a DD had the starter take a crap today. I had to almost pull the entire motor out to remove the starter. I would much rather do a full motor swap on a cobra than replace a starter on a 98 peon.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
It will take that and a helluva pry bar to keep the crank from moving.

The wife's old neon that I have been using as a DD had the starter take a crap today. I had to almost pull the entire motor out to remove the starter. I would much rather do a full motor swap on a cobra than replace a starter on a 98 peon.

Don't you worry .... I shall get that puppy off! Worse comes to worse Kevin and I will put our combined 500 lbs off pure man muscle into.....that lower doesnt stand a chance!

Sorry to hear about the neon problem....i would have just shot it with my .44 mag desert eagle and called it a mercy kill :bash:

I am seriously enjoying the dissection of my cobra though.....gives me a chance to touch and clean every single inch of it.... gotta get it ready for cars and coffee (give Kevin a run for his money haha)

Users who are viewing this thread