Ford Racing 10:1 Aluminator has arrived

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
This puppy just showed up today! Went with the 10:1 compression long block Aluminator for my 04 cobra. I'm running ethanol (E85) so have decided to optimize my car for this fuel.

10:1 compression with boost........gonna see if I can tap 775 rwhp or more with my puny little weaksauce gen 2 2.3 whipple.

More pics coming this evening.

Photo-0268.jpg

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
nice! I was tinking of doing the same thing for my eaton m122 build! Instead, I am using my teksid block with a nice set of 9.7:! pistons and the stock cobra crank/rods. So close to the aluminator.

keep us updated!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Im def excited to get it done, will be my july project. Too freaking hot to drive anyway down here in TX. I'll admit it, I enjoy working on the car more than driving (as the case has been this whole year!)

As for 800 TQ at 3K, I cant imagine it being that high but who knows! might be a little hard to hook that kinda TQ....we shall see!

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
you know how i know youre gay? You got not only something in the mail...but something huge in the mail and u didnt open it up!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
you know how i know youre gay? You got not only something in the mail...but something huge in the mail and u didnt open it up!

Interesting way of earning the title gay there my friend....didnt have time, had work issues and could only escape long enough to meet the freight driver to take delivery!

Jackass. :rockon:

still sore about me stealing those wheels I see! :bash:

Jefe

Established Member
Sweet but what happened to the stock motor?

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Wow Erik, just wow.

As if you don't have enough power already lol.

Post pics up asap!

never hurts to have a little more powa! just took some cell pics (still trying to locate my dig cam). will upload to photobucket and post soon

Sweet! oh how I wish we had E85 :(

it really is an awesome fuel and lets you really pump the compression up and still maintain boost

what happend to your stock motor?

nothing happened to my motor. I have a little valvetrain noise that I have been wanting to address from the front of passenger head. Probably a lash adjuster or something minor like that. I figured if I'm gonna pull the motor, I will put something a bit better back in. I like the idea of dropping ~80 lbs off the front end and have been wanting to up the compression

Avispa

Established Member
Im def excited to get it done, will be my july project. Too freaking hot to drive anyway down here in TX. I'll admit it, I enjoy working on the car more than driving (as the case has been this whole year!)

As for 800 TQ at 3K, I cant imagine it being that high but who knows! might be a little hard to hook that kinda TQ....we shall see!

Heck, it's too hot to work on 'em down here, too. :fm: You got AC in the garage?

Good luck with the swap.

Users who are viewing this thread