Ford Recall!!!!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I just received a phone call from Steve McHenry of the NHTSA thanking me for getting the ball rolling with them on the carpet catching the throttle pedal. Well guess what? He says that Ford is indeed issuing a recall!! He told me that it was for our Cobras, but I believe it may have included other models as well. Quite honestly, I was so flabbergasted we actually got results from this I kinda didn't pay attention after he told me there was going to be a recall!! LOL

Anyway, everyone who went to the sticky provided here and filed a complaint with the NHTSA, pat yourselves on the back! Mr. McHenry mentioned this specific forum by name as the major contributor to the issue. Job well done!!! :pepper: :banana:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Makes no real difference to me know since I cut my carpet out from around the pedal, and that is likely all that Ford will have the service boys do.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
He didn't send me any e-mail, and I provided him with video proof. :shrug:

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
is this recall for both 03/04 models?

dougwg

Established Member
So Ford has SVTPerformance.com to thank for costing them a bunch of money.

I don't think Ford will be too happy about that.

Glad they're going to finally fix this issue though.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
good to see this will be remedied!
i remember when this happened to me, scary

Black01Stang

Established Member
dougwg said:

Your right, they probobly won't be happy with having to pay for something they mucked up, but at least they have to do it now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I doubt it was only SVTPerformance.com folks that complained. It's great news for all Terminator owners. Hopefully the recall notifications will be mailed out quickly. Thanks to all who submitted proof and documentation to NHTSA. Obviously enough was submitted that forced Ford to deal with it. Yippee!

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
dougwg said:

I'd prefer to say they should be thanking us for potentially saving someone's life and them from a big class action lawsuit.
Anyone know what the proposed remedy is? I won't be happy with someone just cutting up my carpet.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
evans03c said:
I'd prefer to say they should be thanking us for potentially saving someone's life and them from a big class action lawsuit.
Anyone know what the proposed remedy is? I won't be happy with someone just cutting up my carpet.

After dealing with Ford for many years as a dealer (my mom had a dealership for over 20 years) I can say that I honestly believe Ford is really concerned about safety matters and wants to make an issue like this right. They just don't want to spend all the money if it's truly not a safety issue. Once that's determined, they seem to do what's right. I believe that with this case.

He didn't go into any specifics as to when they will be issuing letters or what the remedy is. But I'm betting it's cutting the carpet in some way. Quite honestly, that's all that's needed and it doesn't cause any cosmetic concerns under the dash like that. They could even install a revised pedal and hinge assembly that won't catch...but I would doubt that. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread