Ford Service Center *Rant

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
You do not need to provide proof of anything. The manufacturer is obligated to prove the issue wasn’t covered under warranty.
Yeah, manufacturer as in dealership. If your sending the part to the manufacturer that means you’ve already replaced it at no cost at which is pointless because the customer got the free part. And I was involved in 2 lawsuits regarding transmissions that customers thought should have been covered. We won both of those suits.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Yeah, manufacturer as in dealership. If your sending the part to the manufacturer that means you’ve already replaced it at no cost at which is pointless because the customer got the free part. And I was involved in 2 lawsuits regarding transmissions that customers thought should have been covered. We won both of those suits.
And Im sure in both those cases the dealership/manufacturer was able to obviously prove that neglect was present.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
And Im sure in both those cases the dealership/manufacturer was able to obviously prove that neglect was present.
It was with Nissans shit CVTs. We won both cases because neither owner had history or proof of changing the fluid.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
It was with Nissans shit CVTs. We won both cases because neither owner had history or proof of changing the fluid.
How many Miles on the vehicles?
Signs of wear that would prove this?

It's pretty easy to have a hand written note that you changed said fluid at XX,XXX miles in the back of the manual.

It cant just be a lack of evidence on the part of the customer.

The burden of proof lies with the Manufacturer.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Most people who choose not to use a dealer decide to do the work themselves, like you. And most people who do work themselves typically do not document the work they do meaning keeping receipts.

The problem with doing your own work or going to a independent shop is people are not up to date on procedures for new cars. For example, a customer came in with a ABS light on their civic with 35k miles on it. We determined it needed a new left rear caliper. The caliper piston would not activate. After noticing it had new rear pads we told the customer that it wouldn’t be covered because someone clearly did brake work on the car. The shop he brought it to manually compressed the caliper instead of doing it electronically with a scan tool. So now the customer is stuck paying $450 for a caliper instead of going to a place that knows what they are doing.

I understand the point, but you'd lose in court 10/10 times. Lucky for you this particular person is ignorant to the law (like most unfortunately).

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Please provide the court minutes, or the name of the case so we can look it up.

This is hilarious and false.

You know this is all public info, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread