Ford Sucks...Prove Me Wrong

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
Ford (Doesn't) Suck...(They) Proved Me Wrong

As some of you know my Cobra has overheated about 10 times now (I have had it for a little over 60 days, the dealer has now put over 200 miles on my car). It has now been in the 90s here in Colorado for weeks. My car has been in and out of the shop (four times now) for this problem. They have had the car since last Tuesday, it has over heated on them as well as the Ford Engineer. They said the problem with the car is the style I drive (and obviously the style the dealership drives as it over heated on them multiple times), even though they have made mine and several others overheat with the exact combination of events. Yesterday the Service Manager told me they were going to buy my car back, and they would call me with details today. They called alright, they said I should not rev the car over 4,000 rpms in traffic...basically I need to "upshift the car more", and the car is working within specs.

And that's it...they have offered me an extended warranty...and that's all they will do.

FORD SUCKS.....Prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Killer Cobra

Established Member
Lemon it. You have all you need now. Just do the work and get yourself a new one. We all know there is something wrong with it. I'm in south florida and I drive like a wild snake with the top down and the AC one max!! There's something wrong with your cooling system.

Try another dealership

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
It's went all the way to the Ford Regional Rep...So why in the world would I EVER want to do business with a company who treats me liks this?

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
It happens. It doesn't just happen to Fords, but it seems to be your turn in the barrel.

Get your money back and buy something you think you will be happier with. Problem solved.

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
Like Killer said, lemon it... you should get your $$$ back, it's not a deal with Ford, it's the law.

~Berj

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Have they completely ruled out air trapped in the system or a bad thermostat? I live in South Texas and brought my car home in August, last year. I have been in stop-and-go traffic with the temperature over 100 degrees and the needle never goes over the halfway mark.

cobraman03

Established Member
i agree man,
i've had my car for about 3 mos and ready to trade it in..its a big pos....numerous probs.

tick
80mph vibe
pass door rubs the body when shutting it
front bumper installed wrong
rear window seal was not molded on

and something else is wrong as well, but i havent found out yet
the car dynoed at 367 rwhp with a catback and k&n..

i will be glad to get rid of it..35g's is way to much to pay for this pos....

i shoulda kept my gt..not a single prob with it and i drove the hell out of it...

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Don't take it over 4k? What the heck is that about??:fm:
I'm in south Texas (temps rival those in Hell) and I drive the crap out of my car every day. The needle has NEVER moved above halfway.

Get your money back. That service manager is full of it.

Ozarkhills SVT

Established Member
Definitely something wrong, Left mine running while the wife shopped, temp didn't rise at all! 98 outside temp and the heat index over 100. Ran it though the gears 3 times, no rise in temp.
even stuck in traffic for 30 minutes and went 5miles. No increase!
Take it somewhere else, unless the dealer or service rep is a friend of yours. I would say the service tech or manager probably doesn't know a spark plug from a @#% plug!
I don't know much about newer Cobra's but I don't see how it could be so hard to find out why something is overheating! You gave them a chance, take it somewhere else. I wouldn't be as
patient as you. Good luck.

MightyMo

Established Member
get rid of it and get another! maybe a 2004 mystichrome or anniversary car

likely you have a partial blockage in the head, block,
water pump, radiator or maybe even a heater core or other switch of some kind.. good luck and after the dealership puts 200 miles on my car.. they better buy it back!!

Don't let that whole frustrating mess discourage you from driving what is overall an excellent vehicle. The fastest production Mustang ever built!

92LX5.0

Established Member
I feel bad for every1 having these problems. My car is 11 yrs old, the only thing I've had to replace on the car is a water pump, radiator and an idler arm or some shit. Ofcourse tuneups, tires ect.. The car has over 150,000 miles on it, still runs like a dirty lil slut (runs great) WTF happened to ford!!

missile man

Established Member
I have #301 and have driven the poo out of it. I live in UCLA (Upper Corner of Lower Alabama). LOL!!! Have driven it to Florida in the middle of summer to Panama City Beach during Spring Break in super heavy traffic with absolutely no problems. I think you got a lemon. i love my Cobra.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Lemon it and go to another dealer. Don't let the service department ruin your image. It really sounds like a bad dealership to me. Good Luck

cobraman03

Established Member
good luck,

i hope you get them to buy it back..stick it to them...

i called today to set up and appointment for the tick on my car and the person setting up appointments asked me what kind of car i had, i said 2003 cobra..she said what is that..she put the phone down for a sec then came back and said oh, thats a mustang....freaking ditz never heard of a cobra.....

Angus

Established Member
Originally posted by Sn8k Charmer
And that's it...they have offered me an extended warranty...and that's all they will do.

FORD SUCKS.....Prove me wrong.

I had similar problems with two different Mitsubishi's,
and I was never offered ANYTHING... :rolleyes:

So even though it sucks, it's not just Ford that pulls this BS.

Last edited:

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Sn8k Charmer

Like I said before in your previous thread, the altitude really doesn't help the situation...There was someone else posting the other day from Colorado that had the same problem...Yes, you do beat on your car but so do the rest of us (those closer to sea level) from time to time and we've never had any problems, even with the A/C on...Regardless, its not right for you car to do this especially when you purchased the "high altitude option." I would first request your $ back from the dealership in a cool manner...If that doesnt work get yourself a lemon law attorney...With everything you've described, you'll get your money back quicker than a cat can lick it's @ss.

-pete:coolman:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I feel for you and I would be pissed as well but all car companies have lemons. Otherwise it would be a Ford law not a lemon law. Good luck I hope you get this resolved to your saticfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread