Ford Sucks...Prove Me Wrong

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
No probs here, same Colorado weather. Even with the mods in my sig! I've got a buddy at Medved, let me know if you need help, something is certainly wrong!!!

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
Yes I am having problems with my Viper, but it is only running hot. I have no doubts they will solve that problem. Its obviously not as bad because I haven’t even taken it to the dealer yet.

The Cobra is a whole other story. Once it gets hot it will not cool down. The AC cuts on and off due to the heat that is building.

I don't think some of you guys understand. I am dealing with the Ford Regional Rep (which means he is over all these dealers), plus they (Ford) sent out a Ford Engineer, and the Service Manager really has no power in this situation. He can't do anything without Ford. It is the Regional Rep that is the problem. I think he does not want to buy back mine because then he may be setting precedence. Remember they got three other Mustangs to overheat the same way… I just can’t believe they are going to make me go thru arbitration.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Yeah, doesn't sound like too much fun. My family has had fairly poor luck at some denver dealerships, but at Burt it was nothing but smooth, good luck.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
That is a dealer we have had repeated problems with. But we have heard of alot of people that love it there. But it seemed to get worse when it went to elway.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by Sn8k Charmer
As some of you know my Cobra has overheated about 10 times now (I have had it for a little over 60 days, the dealer has now put over 200 miles on my car). It has now been in the 90s here in Colorado for weeks. My car has been in and out of the shop (four times now) for this problem. They have had the car since last Tuesday, it has over heated on them as well as the Ford Engineer. They said the problem with the car is the style I drive (and obviously the style the dealership drives as it over heated on them multiple times), even though they have made mine and several others overheat with the exact combination of events. Yesterday the Service Manager told me they were going to buy my car back, and they would call me with details today. They called alright, they said I should not rev the car over 4,000 rpms in traffic...basically I need to "upshift the car more", and the car is working within specs.

And that's it...they have offered me an extended warranty...and that's all they will do.

FORD SUCKS.....Prove me wrong.

sn8k,

sorry you are having this problem, i ran at bandimere last sunday in 90+ temp, the car never went pass 1/2, i always run it over 4000 rpms while driving, never noticed any temp problem, go back to them and tell them that their is several of us here in CO that are not having this problem, i'm sure all of us will back you with the rep, their is a problem. also you went to a suck dealer, tell them you will call Tom Martino, the national trouble shooter that is on radio all over this country( 12 to 3 on 6.30 am), Ford and the dealer will not want the publicity.

mosconiac

Established Member
This disgusts me. Given my evolving experience with Ford service and the numerous stories such as this one, I can't fathom how these ford service people can live with themselves.

What has to happen in your life for you to be able to look a person in the eye and tell them outright lies?

Where is their sense of duty?

I've been a staunch ford advocate for years, but I'm getting close to turning my back forever.

Isn't the SVT a flagship vehicle?
:xpl:

kpinco

Established Member
Sn8k Charmer: I'll send you a PM with my phone numbers. I know the Service guys at Burt really well. They take great care of my Cobra. I'll call them tomorrow and explain the situation. Also, as sambandit said, he is good friends with the Medved guys.

I can also get in touch with the Regional Manager and tell him your situation. He oversees all the Ford dealerships.

These cars are great, give us a chance to prove it!

BAD03SVT

Established Member
i say if they have had it that much for the same problem. and they offered already to buy another car or buy it back. you are good for lemon law. get with a lawyer on that one, build the case and drop it on them.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
OK, explain this 4K RPM's.
What percentage of driving is over 4K vs under 4K?
Are you crusing at 35 MPH for miles at a time over 4K?
Do you drive on the highway over 4K for miles at a time?

Mine sees over 4K every time I drive it, but I cruise around 2200 rpms.

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
It seems unbelievable to me that a good dealer service group could not diagnose a cooling problem within a half day or less. Something sounds a way out of whack with the dealer and the regional rep.

I haven't had one real problem at all in 4000 miles so far.

Touch wood!

I'd first try another dealer.

Gord

MpdCobra06

Established Member
Courtesy Ford....an AutoNation Store

Wow, It's a small world. . You had a orange shanoda mustang i believe. It was cent. supercharged. By any chance who did you talk to at courtsy? steve coad? or John beare?

If your car doesn't get fixed let me know. I am sure I can help.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
FORD SUCKS.....Prove me wrong.

My wife had a Pontiac Grand Am that needed front brakes every 5,000 miles, the interior lights came on all by themselves for no reason while parked and shut off, or driving down the road, and when you hit a bump the radio went to and only played one station. Dealer couldn't fix any of it. Drove it like that for 3 years. I had a Dodge that broke a pinion gear after 12,000 miles and damaged the rear end, a tie rod came off while driving, and the driver's side valve cover leaked oil constatly even after 3 gasket and one cover changes. I also have friends that have numerous import horror stories too. My point is, The Ford you have might suck, and the people you're dealing with at Ford do too...but all other manufacturers make a bad car here and there also, and I'm sure they have some unsatisfied customers. I hope this is the first time this has happened to you, because I've had three, and after dealing with Chrysler once and GM twice, Ford is the best in my book.

silvercoffin

Established Member
yes

I agree that Ford sucks. I still love my car...but Ford sucks.

I havent had your problem, but did have a vib (defective tires), alignment trouble, leaking fog lights, terrible squeeking window and the sqeeky passenger seat too close to door problem.

The two NJ dealers I went to only fixed the foglights and were unsuccessful at fixing the other problems. I ended up paying to get the car fixed right and now its great.

I thought I would keep the possibility of the use of my warrenty for a while, but figured I was going to eventually mod the car anyway so I payed to have my alignment down right and for new tires all around (the dealers wouldnt even help me on that!)

Of course it didnt help that I bought my car out of state to avoid a mark up. The first thing out of the mouths of the two NJ dealers I went to was " DID you buy it from us?"

I'll never buy a new Ford again.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
I feel your pain.

I'm still waiting for the ford rep to drive my vibrator! Had a vibration since I left the dealer new.
new wheels
three sets of tires
new rear end and driveshaft
balance wheels at least five times
I won't even talk about the TICK and the stalling.

Can't wait to get these issues resolved so I can sell it!
Ford is slowly but surely loosing a long time customer!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
ford doesnt suck, your dealership sucks.

sounds like the car just needs to be burped.

once a car leaves the factory, its the dealer's problem. ford isnt refusing to buy back your car, the dealer is. any mass-produced product will have good units produced and bad units produced. this isnt germain to ford.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Yes I am having problems with my Viper, but it is only running hot. I have no doubts they will solve that problem. Its obviously not as bad because I haven’t even taken it to the dealer yet.

The Cobra is a whole other story. Once it gets hot it will not cool down. The AC cuts on and off due to the heat that is building.

I don't think some of you guys understand. I am dealing with the Ford Regional Rep (which means he is over all these dealers), plus they (Ford) sent out a Ford Engineer, and the Service Manager really has no power in this situation. He can't do anything without Ford. It is the Regional Rep that is the problem. I think he does not want to buy back mine because then he may be setting precedence. Remember they got three other Mustangs to overheat the same way… I just can’t believe they are going to make me go thru arbitration.

Well dude... I feel for you... but.. time to reach down and check the old package.. and go thru arbitration. Do the research on what it takes etc. Then start the process. It might be as simple as telling the Regional Guy...
"I appreciate your efforts... however the results of your efforts... my car.. are unacceptable. I would like to make it simple on all of us. I intend to lemon law this car. Would you make this simple or does it have to be hard?"

Good luck...

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
That's great if some of you local guys will help out. Personally I would Lemon the car and wouldn't consider another. You will always be paronoid even if the replacement was flawless.

Good luck bro.

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
Originally posted by RKANYZ
Have they replaced anything yet?
Ok Let me explain what they have done to date…
1st shop visit they replaced the (overflow) radiator cap, burped system and gave it back to me. Car had boiled over on shut off three times total before I brought it in.
2nd shop visit (car went into fail safe mode while driving it. Temps shot-up like a rocket, had to pull over before car melted down), they replaced the thermostat and once again burped the system.
3rd shop visit they checked the fluids for hydrocarbons (looking for head leak) and flushed the system. Obviously burped it and gave it back. I asked when they were going to actually make repairs to the vehicle and they said they didn’t know what else to do.
4th shop visit (the next day after they gave it back), which is now to date…The car boiled over on me three times and I believe the car boiled over on the dealer three time per the Service Manager (He told me this on Monday while telling me that Ford had no ability to repair my vehicle, as such Ford was going to buy the car back and obviously the story changed yesterday after the Engineer came out. Then the story was my vehicle was operating normally or “as designed”. I did ask if Ford intended for my vehicle to overheat…fancy that…no answer.

I am suppose to pick the car up today…I don’t know what to do.

Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
OK, explain this 4K RPM's.
What percentage of driving is over 4K vs under 4K?
Are you crusing at 35 MPH for miles at a time over 4K?
Do you drive on the highway over 4K for miles at a time?

Mine sees over 4K every time I drive it, but I cruise around 2200 rpms.

This car has overheated on my way home from work mostly (8 mile trip). I would say I cruise (in a 30-35 mile per hour zone) in just about every gear. Sometimes I try to see if I can increase the gas mileage and other times I use the engine for braking. Other times I will cruise at any number of different RPMs. But I typically shift at 3,000 rpms. What they are telling me is not to hold the car at 4,000 for anytime frame in traffic when it is hot.

Originally posted by Hotrodone99
Wow, It's a small world. . You had a orange shanoda mustang i believe. It was cent. supercharged. By any chance who did you talk to at courtsy? steve coad? or John beare?

If your car doesn't get fixed let me know. I am sure I can help.

Yes that was my Mustang…I traded it for the Viper. It was Tangerine and very unique. John Beare is the guy I am dealing with. And I feel like they are lying to me. I do not trust any of them...

Users who are viewing this thread