Fore Precision Works Announces Last Chance To Buy Differential Cover

foreprecision

Established Member
This is Justin. Stacy pretty much nailed it down, but I'll provide a little more detail.

First, "typical" aluminum prices have increased by about 25% since we released this cover...this was expected and it will probably go up a little more. However, on the larger [less common] sizes such as what is used on this cover, our cost has doubled, which makes this product a deal breaker for us to offer. Otherwise, I'd love to continue to offer the product. Luckily for our customers, we have several thousand dollars worth of packaging and hardware that I'd like to get off our shelves.

As for other materials...that won't happen...for a bunch of reasons...mostly because it will require a complete redesign, unless somebody wants a 33 pound steel diff cover! (also think about processing 160 pound steel billets, just to satisfy the overall dimensions)

Offering our part as a casting is easily the most realistic option, but unfortunately, that will require a complete redesign. ("cast" = use as little material possible, "billet" = remove as little material possible) We're swamped with new product development right now, so we don't want to invest any more time on this product.

Thanks for everybody's support...those of you that buy one at the "original pricing" is getting a product that should cost $900-1000. It really is the strongest solution available. We will continue to service the product in the future. Having said that, if anybody does break one, we'll replace it for free for the lifetime that you own the product.

Justin

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Want a female to show you where the expansion tank goes on the IRS Diff Cover??????

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5BrU4GdxSk"]YouTube- FORE PRECISION WORKS IRS DIFF COVER!!![/ame]​

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Want a female to show you where the expansion tank goes on the IRS Diff Cover??????

moar.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread