Forging internals on 97 cobra

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Here is some of the shit compiled for mine..
setup.jpg

And here's how it looks right now as I type. Just need to finish soldering in the cop harness on the drivers side and then I'll pull the front bumper and start fabricating tubing. Bought a chop saw today to help makes cutes and I have a spool gun for my mig to tack it together, although I could also but the tubing together tight within th e silicon connectors and then take to be welded as well.. There will only be 5 couplers on the entire system, although it could honestly be done without any welding at all if you wish

Where%20it%20stands.jpg

cbrown9064

Established Member
Blown by you...fantastic write up!! Same thing I did. Feels way harder than it is, and is straight forward once you dig in to it.

The only thing I would advise different is to get a bung for the slot maf and weld it in a straight section of 3", rather than coupling in a housing. Looks cleaner.

Craw, the instructions don't get more clear than this!

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Thanks guys for all the info!! Cannot wait to get the ball rolling on this!! Now it seems as if routing the intercooler, starts from I take and then ends at discharge of the vortech is this correct?

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Blown by you...fantastic write up!! Same thing I did. Feels way harder than it is, and is straight forward once you dig in to it.

The only thing I would advise different is to get a bung for the slot maf and weld it in a straight section of 3", rather than coupling in a housing. Looks cleaner.

Craw, the instructions don't get more clear than this!
It will be welded in

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Thanks guys for all the info!! Cannot wait to get the ball rolling on this!! Now it seems as if routing the intercooler, starts from I take and then ends at discharge of the vortech is this correct?
I'm just starting at the blower and moving towards the intercooler. If you clock the blower to exactly 45 degrees you can run 6" of straight into a 45 and be perfectly level and square. I'll post a link to where I bought all the tubing when I get back on my laptop. I'm having everything powdercoated but it's very high quality .075 wall polished tubing.

CrawCobra97

Established Member
How are the vortech after coolers? Found a kit of brothers performance for 3,700 come with a v2 all brackets and pullies, plus an after cooler, if the aftercooler produces just as good iats then could that be a route I go? Do a lot of other to this route

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
How are the vortech after coolers? Found a kit of brothers performance for 3,700 come with a v2 all brackets and pullies, plus an after cooler, if the aftercooler produces just as good iats then could that be a route I go? Do a lot of other to this route
I do not personally have any experience with the aftercooler, but they are not particularly popular. And I would call superchargers online.com for the best price on a complete Vortech kit. Also there's no way I'd run a v2 when you can run a v3 for the same price. The v3 literally saves like 5 hours of frustration off of the install plus if they clean or look with less worries about leaks or anything else

cbrown9064

Established Member

More bullshit... Coolant tank, pumps, battery relocation, etc... Go with A-2-A.

greasy

SVT Noob
Established Member
Hey guys just was wondering how much it would be to forge my internals, I'm only looking for 500rwhp max, so I don't need the best of the best, I just Am trying to get a ballpark number on how much I could forge my internals for,

You don't need forged internals to make 500rwhp ;)

I am right there on a stock bottom end and the car is still together and running strong. I made 466rwhp pulling to ~6,250rpm. Car regularly sees 7K on the street. I would run an air to air setup, I purchased all of my shit (piping and FMIC) off of eBay for less than $400.

This is my build thread....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?934514-Finished-my-Novi-2K-build!/page4

CrawCobra97

Established Member
Yeah blown by you really convinced to go with the a2a, would a cxracing inter cooler be fine too, I'm working with somewhat of a budget, as long as the intercooler does its job, and keeps things cooler than I'm happy, I'm not going to th and push it to the absolute limit just added insurance, I have one question with the iac where does it go? On the piping, and I want a really good tuner for the setup any advice

Users who are viewing this thread