Former KoRn member Brian Welch's testimony

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think the reactions would be the same as say, a black guy walking into a KKK meeting.

Have you ever seen the people that go to church?

For some reason I get the feeling that most people get their idea of what a Christian is from the Simpsons.:bored:

Or Curt Cobain teaching a gun safety class?

I won't lie, that was funny!:lol:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Head quit the band and converted over 3 years ago....he even wrote a letter to 50 cent telling him to give up and become a Christian as well

it musta have taken alot of effort, but i know its worth it

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
I read the book that he wrote. "save me from myself"

I WAS a HUGE korn fan. And its sad to say, that guy WAS the band. I don't knock him one bit for doing what he had to do to get out of the situation he was in. Being addictted to speed and practically living off it.

And as for Munky and the rest of there bad doing their best. They're just not cutting it. I didn't even buy the last album they put out. Its abosulute shit. I dont know how anyone could be a fan of their music now.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
His appearance on Life Today (www.lifetoday.org) is available on the website. It was brought to my attention by another SVTP member (thanks) and here is the link to the transcript.

http://www.lifetoday.org/site/DocServer/1-17.doc?docID=1364

You can also see the webscast of the interview by clicking here:

http://www.lifetoday.org/site/PageServer?pagename=tel_USCalendar_Jan08

here is the real story, what kind of car do you think Jesus and gawd blessed this preacher with? Here is the last 1/3 of the interview:
"Well, I can't do that but I can give part of a well." $1200 as an example, three people join you and we've got a well. $144 gives 30 people water for the rest of their life, as an example. I'm asking you at whatever level, it may be $24 or $48, whatever it is, you're giving people water the rest of their lives. Betty, we've got a wonderful gift for all who help us with any gift, Billy Graham's "The Journey." Billy has been a good friend to me since I was 19 years old and I make comments about the influence that he has had on us here. This is where he deals with issues of concern to you. And Betty, I think without a doubt, this is the most beautiful Bible we've ever offered. This is a New International Version. This is the most popular translation today among all the scholars, theologians and the people who study. Beth Moore uses it when she teaches. And then THE MESSAGE BIBLE, parallel, in conversational paraphrase language of the day right side by side. We're simply giving this to those of you who make a gift of $100 or more to help. And then the beautiful bronze, "The Lion of Judah" to those of you who will make a gift of $1200 or more to help us or give a well. There is some level at which every one of you can participate. Would you make that call right now? Take your bankcard, use it like a check. If you want to write a check, make it to LIFE but call us. If you want go online, lifetoday.org, and make your gift. We really would like to hear from every one of you today. It is going to take all of us to reach this goal of 200 wells. You give a cup of water. You give a well. Thanks for making the call. Narrator: Mission: Water for Life is set to drill 200 new water wells this year in drought and disease-stricken areas throughout Africa. Your gift of $24 will help provide clean water for five people. A gift of $48 will help provide clean water for ten people. $72 will help provide for 15 people and $144 will help provide fresh, clean, uncontaminated water for 30 people for a lifetime. With your gift of any amount, be sure to request Beth Moore’s new book, “Get Out of That Pit,” as our gift of thanks for your support of Mission: Water For Life. With your gift of $100 or more, request Beth’s book, along with her powerful new audio and video series, “Who Will You Trust?” In this five-part series, Beth teaches you how to move faith from your head to your heart. And finally, with your gift of $1200 to help provide water for 250 people, or a gift of $4800 to help sponsor a complete well, be sure to request our new commemorative bronze sculpture titled “As the Deer,” inspired by Psalm 42:1. This beautiful work of art is a wonderful reminder of our spiritual longing to be filled with God’s love and life. Please, don’t delay, call the toll-free number on your screen, or write to Life and make your gift. "

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
here is the real story, what kind of car do you think Jesus and gawd blessed this preacher with? Here is the last 1/3 of the interview:
"Well, I can't do that but I can give part of a well." $1200 as an example, three people join you and we've got a well. $144 gives 30 people water for the rest of their life, as an example. I'm asking you at whatever level, it may be $24 or $48, whatever it is, you're giving people water the rest of their lives. Betty, we've got a wonderful gift for all who help us with any gift, Billy Graham's "The Journey." Billy has been a good friend to me since I was 19 years old and I make comments about the influence that he has had on us here. This is where he deals with issues of concern to you. And Betty, I think without a doubt, this is the most beautiful Bible we've ever offered. This is a New International Version. This is the most popular translation today among all the scholars, theologians and the people who study. Beth Moore uses it when she teaches. And then THE MESSAGE BIBLE, parallel, in conversational paraphrase language of the day right side by side. We're simply giving this to those of you who make a gift of $100 or more to help. And then the beautiful bronze, "The Lion of Judah" to those of you who will make a gift of $1200 or more to help us or give a well. There is some level at which every one of you can participate. Would you make that call right now? Take your bankcard, use it like a check. If you want to write a check, make it to LIFE but call us. If you want go online, lifetoday.org, and make your gift. We really would like to hear from every one of you today. It is going to take all of us to reach this goal of 200 wells. You give a cup of water. You give a well. Thanks for making the call. Narrator: Mission: Water for Life is set to drill 200 new water wells this year in drought and disease-stricken areas throughout Africa. Your gift of $24 will help provide clean water for five people. A gift of $48 will help provide clean water for ten people. $72 will help provide for 15 people and $144 will help provide fresh, clean, uncontaminated water for 30 people for a lifetime. With your gift of any amount, be sure to request Beth Moore’s new book, “Get Out of That Pit,” as our gift of thanks for your support of Mission: Water For Life. With your gift of $100 or more, request Beth’s book, along with her powerful new audio and video series, “Who Will You Trust?” In this five-part series, Beth teaches you how to move faith from your head to your heart. And finally, with your gift of $1200 to help provide water for 250 people, or a gift of $4800 to help sponsor a complete well, be sure to request our new commemorative bronze sculpture titled “As the Deer,” inspired by Psalm 42:1. This beautiful work of art is a wonderful reminder of our spiritual longing to be filled with God’s love and life. Please, don’t delay, call the toll-free number on your screen, or write to Life and make your gift. "

Hey, religion is extremely marketable, especially when you consider that many people who are devoted follow it blindly.

As for him converting, if it helped him, more power to him. Korn sucks now though.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
As for him converting, if it helped him, more power to him. Korn sucks now though.
I am with you on this one. Some people do not have the social support or inner strength to overcome adversity.

Defknotzero

Established Member
1st album - awesome awesome awesome

2nd album - awesome not better than first but awesome

3rd album - fun to listen to, had a few songs i liked...no complaints

4th album - you took that long of a break to make this? other than 1 or 2 songs i was not impressed.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 2932384923472348234 or whatever theyre at now lol - DOWNHILL, down down down down hill.

First head leaves, then Dave, and now im hearin that Munky dropped out of their ongoing tour, not sure if its just temporary or for good but it looks like its just jon and fieldy left....

folks korn is no more (hopefully) and its about time. Korn is the perfect example of not knowing when to stop while ahead.

+1

deathdealer

Established Member
Hey, religion is extremely marketable, especially when you consider that many people who are devoted follow it blindly.

Korn has always sucked

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Dale, I may be wrong but it sounds like to me that the money they are asking for with donation is going to dig wells in countries where they have no running water. I'm not that familiar with Life Today, but it sounds like they are simply offering donators something in return.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Dale, I may be wrong but it sounds like to me that the money they are asking for with donation is going to dig wells in countries where they have no running water. I'm not that familiar with Life Today, but it sounds like they are simply offering donators something in return.
Do you think he'd be the first person to rip off or deceive his flock? Does he say he'll donate it all to that cause? Send me 1200 dollars and I'll give the well diggers 100 and keep the rest seems to be how it really works. All this extra money to make my church better of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
Do you think he'd be the first person to rip off or deceive his flock? Does he say he'll donate it all to that cause? Send me 1200 dollars and I'll give the well diggers 100 and keep the rest seems to be how it really works. All this extra money to make my church better of course.

"Seems" being your operative word. You don't know that yet you make the allegation. Atheists are always ones that want proof on everything that is said so where is your proof on that one.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander so to speak.

Its funny to read the posts on this thread mocking this guy. Korn is my all time favorite band and Welch had a serious drug problem much like the other guys in Korn currently do. Welch recognized a problem in his life that was on the brink of killing him. And simply because he became a Christian and changed his life you guys mock him for it. A lot of you guys would make pathetic fathers because you can't distingush good from evil. Maybe he should have just stayed with the band and overdosed. Then at least 4 of you on this thread could trip over yourselves to start a thread about another Hollywood junkie that died.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
"Seems" being your operative word. You don't know that yet you make the allegation. Atheists are always ones that want proof on everything that is said so where is your proof on that one.
I'm not trying to start an argument here, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander so to speak.

I have learned one thing about the "faithful", Fools like to be fooled. I would offer real proof if open honesty was what religion was all about.

Income spent on fundraising

Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue: 46 percent

Bakersfield Memorial Hospital Foundation: 35 percent

Bakersfield Rescue Mission: 19 percent

Court Appointed Special Advocates of Kern County: 19 percent

United Way of Kern County: 9 percent

Mercy Foundation: 8 percent

Boys Clubs of Bakersfield: 6 percent

Joshua Tree Council of Girl Scouts: 5 percent

Bethany Services: 4 percent

Cal State Bakersfield Foundation: 1 percent

Source: Most recent Form 990 Internal Revenue Service filings available via Guidestar.org.

Income includes only donations from the public and governmental support.

To see a charity’s finances for yourself, go to Guidestar.org.

The site posts Form 990s, which list the income and expenditures of many charitable and nonprofit organizations from hospitals to dog kennels. They also include the salaries of the highest-paid employees and the names of the charity’s directors.

Note: Many religious charities don’t have to file 990s. And do not.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member

I'd say that's an oversimplification. I'm sure that the logistics are more complicated than that. Furthermore, you making an assumption that it would be as simple as cutting a check to them. Perhaps his organization is more involved in the regions that they will assist in the digging of these wells. Honestly, I don't know. I know that James Robinson has been around for a number of years and I've not heard any thing that would discredit his ministry. I'm not exactly in tune to his ministry, but I haven't heard any negatives either.

Sure, any church or organization needs additional funding. When you cut a check to the United Way, you really have no way of receiving an itemized accounting for where your money goes. You give in trust (very important) that is being applied effectively. Organizations require lots of funding, too. However, most organizations' financial data is available. I don't fault Robinson for making a salary. However, if its an abundantly lavish lifestyle, that's another issue.

If a Christian organization is doing something out in the world around the globe and its verifiable, I don't see any reason not to donate. Donating isn't a bad word when it comes to any upstanding organization, Christian or not.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I'd say that's an oversimplification. I'm sure that the logistics are more complicated than that. Furthermore, you making an assumption that it would be as simple as cutting a check to them. Perhaps his organization is more involved in the regions that they will assist in the digging of these wells. Honestly, I don't know. I know that James Robinson has been around for a number of years and I've not heard any thing that would discredit his ministry. I'm not exactly in tune to his ministry, but I haven't heard any negatives either.

Sure, any church or organization needs additional funding. When you cut a check to the United Way, you really have no way of receiving an itemized accounting for where your money goes. You give in trust (very important) that is being applied effectively. Organizations require lots of funding, too. However, most organizations' financial data is available. I don't fault Robinson for making a salary. However, if its an abundantly lavish lifestyle, that's another issue.

If a Christian organization is doing something out in the world around the globe and its verifiable, I don't see any reason not to donate. Donating isn't a bad word when it comes to any upstanding organization, Christian or not.
I have learned to research my donations. I think it is prudent. if they do not openly disclose their fiscal dispencings, I do not donate.

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
You still have yet to prove your claim. You say 100 of the 1200 goes to Africa. Where is the proof?

Everything you posted has nothing to do with the topic at hand and are a handful of charitable organizations and aren't all Christian either.

Do I think every dime donated to whatever charitable organization goes directly to the cause? No. Do I think some organizations use more of the money for the cause than others? Yes. Is this restricted only to Christian charitable organizations? Absolutely not(Reference your post with stats).

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Atheists are always ones that want proof on everything that is said so where is your proof on that one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_PTL_Club

I'm sure you've heard of PTL. It was the television network with a religious facade that ripped off people for millions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Hinn

Benny Hinn? He's being investigated right now.

In fact, there's a religious organization called Ministry Watch that is dedicated to blowing those kind of people out of the water. Check it out here: http://ministrywatch.com/mw2.1/H_Home.asp

Of course, they also require donations (this I honestly find very funny). If these ministries were so good about managing money and helping the poor, then why is there a GROUP dedicated to making sure they don't rip people off? Have fun with the proof I just gave you.

Last edited:

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_PTL_Club

I'm sure you've heard of PTL. It was the television network with a religious facade that ripped off people for millions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Hinn

Benny Hinn? He's being investigated right now.

In fact, there's a religious organization called Ministry Watch that is dedicated to blowing those kind of people out of the water. Check it out here: http://ministrywatch.com/mw2.1/H_Home.asp

Of course, they also require donations (this I honestly find very funny). If these ministries were so good about managing money and helping the poor, then why is there a GROUP dedicated to making sure they don't rip people off? Have fun with the proof I just gave you.

And once again.....you, just like DaleM, have not proved a thing. Give me proof where Life Today is giving 100 to Africa and keeping the other 1100 from every donation. Or that they're being anything else but honest with the contributions.

Are you like most that skim posts are what?? Did you even read my last post? I said that I agree some organizations give more, some give less. And it's absolutely NOT restricted to just Christian organizations. Just look at Dale's post with contribution stats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread