Found one in Maine!

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Actually $619.00 from buyfordracing.com with free shipping, but you have a fair point. To get the most out of the TB will require a tune. We have a club dyno day coming up in September so I will have some actual numbers and then decide on the tune. As it stands now, it runs great, was a very simple swap, and it looks awesome!

WARNING: Do not drop a screwdriver, or any other tool, in this engine bay. It will not fall through and yeah, I learned that the hard way.

Was there any noticeable difference? Without a tune? Just curious.

Marc

Established Member
Actually $619.00 from buyfordracing.com with free shipping, but you have a fair point. To get the most out of the TB will require a tune. We have a club dyno day coming up in September so I will have some actual numbers and then decide on the tune. As it stands now, it runs great, was a very simple swap, and it looks awesome!

WARNING: Do not drop a screwdriver, or any other tool, in this engine bay. It will not fall through and yeah, I learned that the hard way.

So does putting the throttlebody on WITHOUT a tune void your warranty?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

Your warranty cant just be voided because of an after market part.

The engineers at Ford need to prove that that part caused whatever failure you would try to get repaired under warranty

BOD89LX

Established Member
No they would have no way to know you had it on the car unless they seen pictures of it some place... Ford could only void your powertrain warranty if you had a tune or aftermarket parts on it . Just ask the 5.0L guys about Ford having to prove anything the car owner will have to hire a attorney and sue Ford to try and get something covered after Ford voids your warranty.

eagle eye

Established Member
Your warranty cant just be voided because of an after market part.

The engineers at Ford need to prove that that part caused whatever failure you would try to get repaired under warranty

It would be easy for a dealer or manufacturer to say that a mod caused a failure.
How could you disprove such a claim?
Would be next to impossible.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It would be easy for a dealer or manufacturer to say that a mod caused a failure.
How could you disprove such a claim?
Would be next to impossible.

Couple things about warranties.

1- the dealer can't just void it because you have a modification. Doesnt work that way. I know this 1st hand.

2- there is alot of time- and money to prove that a throttle body or an intake etc was the actual cause of a problem. They (manufacturer) has to prove specifically that part caused the failure. It's on them to prove it.

3- Please google the magnusson moss act. The manufacturer has to PROVE that said part caused the problem.

4- in this thread's case it's a Ford Racing part. Which generally is covered under ford warranty unless otherwise stated.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Couple things about warranties.

1- the dealer can't just void it because you have a modification. Doesnt work that way. I know this 1st hand.

2- there is alot of time- and money to prove that a throttle body or an intake etc was the actual cause of a problem. They (manufacturer) has to prove specifically that part caused the failure. It's on them to prove it.

3- Please google the magnusson moss act. The manufacturer has to PROVE that said part caused the problem.

4- in this thread's case it's a Ford Racing part. Which generally is covered under ford warranty unless otherwise stated.

Well most of the time your info is correct but not in this case the magnusson law is hard to enforce and the burden is on the car owner to prove otherwise like I said talk to the 5.0 guys that lost the number 8 and had to pay to fix it or ask guys with diesel trucks that were modded and broke. Read fords tab on this very subject for the Eco boost motors and the 5.0 motors. Now keep in mind if you have a good relationship with your dealer and they don't send out a field rep to look at your car and they don't flag the vin and tag the PCM if it has a P1000 you may get by with deceiving Ford on your warranty claim.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Well most of the time your info is correct but not in this case the magnusson law is hard to enforce and the burden is on the car owner to prove otherwise like I said talk to the 5.0 guys that lost the number 8 and had to pay to fix it or ask guys with diesel trucks that were modded and broke. Read fords tab on this very subject for the Eco boost motors and the 5.0 motors. Now keep in mind if you have a good relationship with your dealer and they don't send out a field rep to look at your car and they don't flag the vin and tag the PCM if it has a P1000 you may get by with deceiving Ford on your warranty claim.

I think its a fine line.

If the car is tuned improperly- and that IS the cause of engine failure. Well- then why should it be warranties.

On the other hand if a Ford Racing part is on the car- and there is engine failure- well there shouldn't be any question- the warranty should cover it.

1stShelby

Established Member
warranty blah, blah, blah! did you feel any difference/

First let me say I love the way this thing sounds, drives, and just "hauls mind bending ass." (Apologies if I quoted inaccurately) Can I say there is a significant difference in acceleration? Not with any evidence. I didn't do any timed runs before the swap. Just look at the adverts for these parts and do the math. If a tune alone is worth 30-35 RWHP and the same tune with FRPP Resonator delete and CJ 65mm TB is good for 75 RWHP then the parts alone should be good for something in between. A difference of only 30-40 RWHP on this monster would not be real noticable without a dyno or a stopwatch. That said I am happy with the purchases, have no worries about voiding my warranty, have had some fun tinkering, and yes it feels faster. Will post actual numbers after our club dyno day in September.

Users who are viewing this thread