Found this on another site,..................transmission option !

OX1

Established Member
My GT is auto, so I get wanting to go the fastest, but I'd rather have a slower loud V-8, than a faster EV, so I get this.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Have you driven one with the DCT?

Sent from my Potato
I have not. But having driven manual performance cars for 40+ years I’m confident I prefer a clutch & a shifter.
Same in a 4x4. If actually 4-wheeling, an auto will sometimes get you stuck. Being able to manipulate the clutch in hairy situations will get you home.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have not. But having driven manual performance cars for 40+ years I’m confident I prefer a clutch & a shifter.
Same in a 4x4. If actually 4-wheeling, an auto will sometimes get you stuck. Being able to manipulate the clutch in hairy situations will get you home.

I hear you and before driving a quality DCT/PDK, I would have agreed with you.

I think if you drive one you'd change your mind. They are monsters.

I run an EMCO DV46 sequential in my racecar. I'm strongly considering going to a paddle conversion. It's so much faster. So much more efficient.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I hear you and before driving a quality DCT/PDK, I would have agreed with you.

I think if you drive one you'd change your mind. They are monsters.

I run an EMCO DV46 sequential in my racecar. I'm strongly considering going to a paddle conversion. It's so much faster. So much more efficient.
Oh I got you. I bet it’d be fun especially in a full out racing setup. But for my driving habits, I’ll sacrifice the lost milliseconds on shifts in trade for my driving style.
I can’t even enjoy an auto 4 wheeler. I have a manual shift Honda. I’ve driven several auto’s & they never do what I want, when I want it… Lack of engine braking on demand in my area will get you in trouble fast if you’re pushing the limits.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh I got you. I bet it’d be fun especially in a full out racing setup. But for my driving habits, I’ll sacrifice the lost milliseconds on shifts in trade for my driving style.
I can’t even enjoy an auto 4 wheeler. I have a manual shift Honda. I’ve driven several auto’s & they never do what I want, when I want it… Lack of engine braking on demand in my area will get you in trouble fast if you’re pushing the limits.

Definitely need a manual in a four wheeler.

I had a 700XX last, I loved that thing. It was a blast to drive. When I went down a tooth on the gear set, it really came alive. Priorities change though haha

What part of Missouri are you in?

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I’m an hour east of Springfield. Also an hour south of Rolla.
I rode a friend from Oklahoma’s 700 Polaris once down here. Steep learning curve!
It wanted to take off down steep banks, sling me into dirt road corners way too fast etc like a bitch! Once I figured out how to constantly use the brakes, it was manageable but I didn’t enjoy it.
An auto 4 wheeler down here you would be wearing out brakes constantly. I rarely actually use the brakes on my manual Honda.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’m an hour east of Springfield. Also an hour south of Rolla.
I rode a friend from Oklahoma’s 700 Polaris once down here. Steep learning curve!
It wanted to take off down steep banks, sling me into dirt road corners way too fast etc like a bitch! Once I figured out how to constantly use the brakes, it was manageable but I didn’t enjoy it.
An auto 4 wheeler down here you would be wearing out brakes constantly. I rarely actually use the brakes on my manual Honda.

So Mountain Grove area or so?

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
This is a software limitation due to tuning. Nissan/Infiniti's 7AT has a similar problem due to the TCM. It's extremely conservatively tuned.

Manuals win out on track mainly because of weight, reliability and heat management. There is also a drivetrain efficiency to consider. A manual car is always going to put down more power. In drag racing, this isn't as important as the shifting but on a road course or roll racing, it plays a bigger role.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
So Mountain Grove area or so?
Yes about 20 miles from there. I’d reveal actual but the internet is a scary place these days. Too many expensive toys in the garages & gun safes to tell the world where it’s located. I’ve dealt with the former Romines Motors for years so I know you know where that’s at lol.
Not trying to be an ass but I’m sure you understand.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes about 20 miles from there. I’d reveal actual but the internet is a scary place these days. Too many expensive toys in the garages & gun safes to tell the world where it’s located. I’ve dealt with the former Romines Motors for years so I know you know where that’s at lol.
Not trying to be an ass but I’m sure you understand.

No big deal at all, totally understand.

Users who are viewing this thread