FR500 Rims

1997stang

Established Member
Hey guys, I have a set of FR500 rims that i ordered for my last mustang before i got the cobra. They are 17" silver and they are deep dish (10.5in) in the back and regular (9in) in the front. My question is will the deep dish in the back fit with 315s or will it hit because of the IRS? I put the rims on but i couldnt let it down because they have no tires on them. Do any of you have deep dish rims in the back with 315s?

Mike

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Dont have deeps but there are the low head profile IRS bolts to help with clearance when you go 10.5's. It all depends on the tire. Some brands are slightly wider then others all of the same size. Thought there was a thread on it somewhere. Nittos are one of the narrower ones. BFG "may" be one of the ones that will rub. Need to search for that thread to confirm unless someone else knows fo sure ;)

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i run 315/35 tires on my 03 wheels and don't have a problem with rubbing. when i do have the car in the air and the rear suspension unloads the tires do hit the irs bolt. it would never hit it while driving though...

1997stang

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys! So are wheel spacers fine or should i get the irs bolt? Ive heard that spacers work well.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
You could get both but only if money is no object :D

I would say decide on the brand of tires you are getting then you can determine which or if you need both.

bad01cobra

Established Member
315 35 17

i ran those for a while but no tracton switched to 315 35 17 mickey thompsons nether one has rubbed i did put the low profile bolts in tho

1997stang

Established Member
Another question guys, im ordering my tires now and i wanted to order the low profile irs bolts with them but how many do i need? I know this might be a stupid question but i have never really looked to see how many their are. They come as a set of 2 so is their 1 on each side or 2 on each side? Sorry for asking, i feel dumb lol

Thanks,
Mike

1997stang

Established Member
Also, i am getting wheel spacers along with the bolts. Would you guys recommend quarter inch wheel spacers or half inch?

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
Another question guys, im ordering my tires now and i wanted to order the low profile irs bolts with them but how many do i need? I know this might be a stupid question but i have never really looked to see how many their are. They come as a set of 2 so is their 1 on each side or 2 on each side? Sorry for asking, i feel dumb lol

Thanks,
Mike

One bolt per side

Bite Me

Established Member
I think it has to do with the sidewall also. 35's probably wont ever rub, but you start going up with the BFG's or M/T's and you will probably have issues low pro bolt or not.

I have 315 nittos and they dont rub unless its in the air.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I've been through this... I ran the GoodYear GSD3 315 35r 17's and I needed the low profile bolts AND 3/8" spacers and they just barely fit. Lower her and get some narrow tires, the goodyears run wide.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
i run 315/35 tires on my 03 wheels and don't have a problem with rubbing. when i do have the car in the air and the rear suspension unloads the tires do hit the irs bolt. it would never hit it while driving though...

This. I have 315 BFGs that are huge by wide, and they only rub when the car is jacked up. The only thing I have is the low pro IRS bolts.

4362830534_3dbe0a1f15.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread