Fragile Cell Phones!!! GRRRRRRRR

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Lolz I have a SGS3. Ex iphail owner here. Won't ever go back until they update their os, drop their bs lawsuits and make better phones themselves. Form factor of the 4/4s/5 is too rigid and the edges of the glass are exposed which is glass' weakest point. Inherent design flaw.

Clearly you know nothing about phones. The SG3 is possibly the biggest piece of shit quality wise. Even android authority said the iPhone is light years better than the SG3. The iPhone 5s design is very well made and its a lot better than previous models.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
My sisters boyfriend has a job that can be rough on phones.

He has an iphone with an otterbox and that thing is the most rugged case I've seen. Works awesome and his phone looks brand new after a year having it.

Not sure why he's an idiot when he has a phone he likes with a case that keeps in in great shape.

You sound upset about this. :loser:

I agree though, it's ironic the OP talks about sheep when people who buy iphone are seen as such. The iphone is a great device, i'll give it that but it's not the end all be all that most users make it seem.

alex3610

Established Member
Motorola Droid Razr Maxx here. I use the otterbox commuter case and I beat the crap out of it with zero issues. I am a fireman and it stays in my pocket under my gear every day. Been in plenty of fires with it, had it launch off the roof of my car one day onto the street when I forgot it was there, and no problems. The phone seems decently made but I really attribute it to the otterbox. I think it was money well spent. I want to say it was somewhere in the 20-25 dollar range off Amazon.

ibleedblue65

Established Member

He has an iphone with an otterbox and that thing is the most rugged case I've seen. Works awesome and his phone looks brand new after a year having it.

Not sure why he's an idiot when he has a phone he likes with a case that keeps in in great shape.

+1 I have an iPhone 5 with an otter box. I've dropped it on concrete multiple times. The case is a little banged up but the phone looks and works fine. That said, I like the iPhone but I will be going back to droid after this phone. My old droid x was indestructible. I used it for two years without a case and it took a beating but was far more glitchy than the iPhone.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

We have site PM's with iPhones with otterboxes as well. Clumsiness needs massive protection.

it wouldnt be as necessary if the iphones glass edges were recessed into the silver bumper.

I rock one of these:
Samsung Galaxy SIII S3 TPU Case Gel Cover Glossy Smoke Tinted Candy Skin Lux | eBay

ive dropped it 3-4x now on my shops concrete floors and havent caused any more damage than I initially caused from running one without and dropping the phone 12" onto a concrete floor and it landing on the perfect edge and cracking my screen. I have a new screen but waiting to install it sometime in the future. Shit happens, even recessed it cant save a perfect angled drop.

coposrv

Established Member
I have kept all my iPhones in otterbox defender series. The case has a lifetime warranty that I have used a few times. Phone has been dropped off the top of an 8' ladder and water has been spilled on it. Phones have stayed protected. The otterbox is bulky and can be a pain when it sticks in your pocket but in my work environment it makes it worth it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ignore the silly iPhone naysayers. They be jealous!

Back on track. I've dropped my iPhone 5 a number of times (and my old iPhone 4S) a distance of maybe 3 feet with absolutely no damage. I did have a $10.00 thin edge case (I don't like bulky Otter cases) that helped for sure. I now have a more expensive (but thinner) case that looks better, along with a leather Splash holster case. The plastic case is just an ounce of protection should I accidentally drop it.

No cell phone is invincible. They will break if dropped hard enough.

firebird1999us

Established Member
Damn man - I dropped my iphone down the stairs, into puddles of water, onto tile floors all the time, and even onto the grill once. In spite of the faint char marks on the cheap case it's fine. Hell some drunk guy stepped on it at the Georgia game and put an indentation in the screen too:shrug:

Last edited:

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
Clearly you know nothing about phones. The SG3 is possibly the biggest piece of shit quality wise. Even android authority said the iPhone is light years better than the SG3. The iPhone 5s design is very well made and its a lot better than previous models.

Lol the i phone isn't light years ahead of anything. Still looks and runs the same since 2007

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I just got an iphone 5. It fell off my bed and the front glass shattered.

What the hell?!?!?!

If companies are going to sell us cell phones that cost as much as a computer, why can't they make them ruggidized? Why do customers have to spend another $50 to buy a case for the phone because the manufacturer wasn't smart enough to make it with one to begin with?

Is it just me, or are we all sheep for the slaughter?!

I thought you were an adult. Accept responsibility for your actions and move on. I have a note 2 and I take care of it.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I dropped my old iPhone 3 one time from my pocket. Completely shattered my screen and had to replace. Dropped my S2 and S3 a few times over the years and never any damage to the screens.

Drop tests are dumb. It's too dependent on how it lands. You can't make it land the same way every time.

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
An attorney that I caddy for found a way to put his on his homeowners insurance, said he's gotten it replaced twice at no cost to him

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Youre a sheep anyways for having an iphone in the first place.

You can buy cheap thin rubber protectors off ebay for $5 shipped. People that spend $30+ on otterboxes are just as bad as the iphone sheeple

i totally agree. the otterbox i had broke after a fall from pocket level. hit the corner where the plastic meets the rubber and shattered the case. saved my phone but in the end it was $30 wasted.

i hate my iphone, its such a POS. my EVO4G was a beast and held up to everything i put it through. im on my 2nd iphone in less than 6 months while i only had one evo for over 4 years.

android plastic :rockon:

2k3Mach

Established Member

Probably because 99% of iPhone fanboys jump right out and buy the newest apple product even if its on a minor change. Most phone companies are coming out with 2 brand new phones per year while apple is doing a minor update and calling it a new model. Most, if they tried out a new phone will be hooked and see apple isnt as great as they thought! Apple was innovatiive when they came out with their first phones, now days they are way behind the curve and rather than being innovative, theyre trying to sue their competition out of the market! That and greedy... Iphone 5 has a new connector because other patent ran out and they couldnt get royalties on each anymore so they change the connector juzt to be able to get a piece of every sale! Theiving bastards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Some of you guys are brutal on phones... my phone goes with me everywhere, I use it in the rain, it goes with me into burning buildings, freezing cold, extremely hot... I guess the only thing I don't do is drop it but damn... I've been an iPhone user since 2007 and have yet to break one. (I do use a generic $5.00 bumper... full disclosure. haha)

FWIW the Samsung fanboy thing is getting old... they too will break if dropped. Also who cares if my iPhone is just a minor update to the last one if I'm happy with the damn thing? (I laugh at the term minor here... compare a 4 to a 4s and then compare a 4s to a 5.. it's not a minor difference unless all you do is compare bullet points on paper)

crack-s3-650x463.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread