Friday night GTG.

Andrew91GT

Established Member
STROKD said:
not many street cars back half near 35.:D

That's what I'm saying!

:edit:

There are occasions when you can really screw up the fronthalf and you can backhalf big mph... DJ Loicano did once in his F2 procharged renegade car... he backhalfed 40 mph but with a good 1/8th mile pass he would backhalf closer to 32-35 mph.... in that sense it wasn't real, just like your car wouldn't backhalf 35 mph with a good 1/8th mile.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Andrew91GT said:
That's what I'm saying!

:edit:

There are occasions when you can really screw up the fronthalf and you can backhalf big mph... DJ Loicano did once in his F2 procharged renegade car... he backhalfed 40 mph but with a good 1/8th mile pass he would backhalf closer to 32-35 mph.... in that sense it wasn't real, just like your car wouldn't backhalf 35 mph with a good 1/8th mile.
Good point.

And people wonder why the first 60ft are so important..... Right there. Most of the MPH happens in the 1/8, after that your just along for the ride. :rolling:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
04sleeper said:
Good point.

And people wonder why the first 60ft are so important..... Right there. Most of the MPH happens in the 1/8, after that your just along for the ride. :rolling:
I had a good 60, 1.7 on 17s is as good as my bucket gets... problem was everytime it came up on boost hard it went towards the wall... It shook the tires till fourth gear everytime it hit.:rollseyes :cuss:

I think it'd still backhalf 31-33 as it has always made the fastest part of the race in fourth gear, but my dad says that is because that is when it hooks...

I'm gunning for 110 1/8th and 140 1/4 hopefully in the high 9 - 10.teen range, then the 408 will become a 414 with ported heads...:pepper: I think slicks and some ice and it will do that easily.

Andrew91GT

Established Member
STROKD said:
I had a good 60, 1.7 on 17s is as good as my bucket gets... problem was everytime it came up on boost hard it went towards the wall... It shook the tires till fourth gear everytime it hit.:rollseyes :cuss:

I think it'd still backhalf 31-33 as it has always made the fastest part of the race in fourth gear, but my dad says that is because that is when it hooks...

I'm gunning for 110 1/8th and 140 1/4 hopefully in the high 9 - 10.teen range, then the 408 will become a 414 with ported heads...:pepper: I think slicks and some ice and it will do that easily.

While a 1.7 might be a good 60' for those tires, you and I both know that it's not a good 60' for your engine setup. You should be in the 1.3's.... I would bet 110-112 in the 1/8th and 142ish 1/4 mile.

Andrew91GT

Established Member
snakebitten1975 said:
This is foof from HPP:

Neighborhood of 600??

More like shooting for 750+. :lol:

And it's very possible.

750 rwhp could do 140, no problem. The driving will be a learning curve for sure but it's doable. Good luck!

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
For sure on the driving... I'm tuning for 20 psi first, that should be 600 rwhp, then I can get used to it before i turn it up to 27-30.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
foofinator said:
For sure on the driving... I'm tuning for 20 psi first, that should be 600 rwhp, then I can get used to it before i turn it up to 27-30.
What type of fuel do you plan on running with that 27-30psi on the street?

Andrew91GT

Established Member
foofinator said:

Have fun with that on the street! lol

When I was at low-mid 700s I could light up the drag radials (nittos) pretty much as long as I wanted to push down the gas in 2nd and 3rd gears. To me the power wasn't usable on the street until you got to really high speeds.

Andrew91GT

Established Member
foofinator said:
What fuel? Whatever it takes.

You might get away with B42 (TT105 I think is what it's called now) which is the chevron-phillips 105 unleaded, but I would go with TT118 to be safe.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Andrew91GT said:
Have fun with that on the street! lol

When I was at low-mid 700s I could light up the drag radials (nittos) pretty much as long as I wanted to push down the gas in 2nd and 3rd gears. To me the power wasn't usable on the street until you got to really high speeds.
Yea it does get a little wicked, but you were on some dinky bald 245s, my 335s do pretty good even from a stop...:coolman:

Andrew91GT

Established Member
STROKD said:
Yea it does get a little wicked, but you were on some dinky bald 245s, my 335s do pretty good even from a stop...:coolman:

sideways at 1/3rd throttle in 3rd gear on an onramp is scary!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Andrew91GT said:
sideways at 1/3rd throttle in 3rd gear on an onramp is scary!
I went off the shoulder on 121 near Ohio on a 3/4 powershift at about 100... I know what you mean... that was the 315 Nittos, Nittos SUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread