Front end Vibrates at 100+...

CobraKid04

Established Member
I just got C/C plates, put the summer tires on and had it aligned...It drives great around town no pull, vibe etc..Well When I do a 40 to 120 pull as I hit about 100 the front starts to vibrate and it’s very noticeable. Could I just need to get the tires balanced? (I haven’t since they were new). Or is that to easy and it’s actually something expensive that I don’t want to pay for right now?!

KILRSVT

Established Member
balancing the tires would be the way to go. had a similar issue at 90 balance all 4 tires and the vibration was gone.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
keep it under 100 and all will be ok. LOL

check and see if they can do a road force balance. Not too many shops can do this. The tires have a load put on them to simulate the weight of the vehicle then they are balanced. This does cost a little more though. The dealership had mine done when I was going through vibration issues. It did help but mine ended up being a combination of alot of things. This was just after buying it.

CobraKid04

Established Member
I went to Discount tire and had it road force balanced and they were far from balanced hahah. Best part about it is they did it for FREE...I don't know why but, I didn't ask questions.haha. It took car of 95% of the vibe so I'm happy.

I'm just gald that all it was.. Thanks guys!

BSXrad

Rocking Your Socks Off
Established Member
Might try that w/mine I have a similar shaking/shimmy at 100+ (real bad at 140):shrug: Ohh ya Discount tire does a lot of services like that for free. Hell they'll even patch or plug your tires for free if you take it in there.

Users who are viewing this thread