Front lower air dam...

ObieFox

Established Member
I've got mine in the trunk for now and I'm debating on installing it. It looks great in the photos I've seen, but it looks awfully low for a DD dealing with parking lots and speed bumps....

What is everyone else doing?

Thanks,
Kevin

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Its really not that low...
This. It looks low, but I have had no issues. Also, IMO Ford was smart for making it a two-piece splitter/spoiler. If the lower piece gets scuffed up, I can't imagine three pieces of plastic being very expensive.
S.

Zeroescence

Established Member
This. It looks low, but I have had no issues. Also, IMO Ford was smart for making it a two-piece splitter/spoiler. If the lower piece gets scuffed up, I can't imagine three pieces of plastic being very expensive.
S.

Around $160 for the three piece set, not cheap but not ridiculous.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
I installed the airdam on mine after I got home from picking up the car in IN. So far no problems, it is really not that low. Just have to stay away from curbs....
475545_422384267784227_100000379717602_1395123_1681097472_o.jpg

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
+1 on it really not being that low, have mine on and clears almost anything with no issues

13CobraOTB

Established Member
I've got mine in the trunk for now and I'm debating on installing it. It looks great in the photos I've seen, but it looks awfully low for a DD dealing with parking lots and speed bumps....

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,
Two months in the queue with still no VIN/build/ship. Are you saying the black plastic front chin spoiler or air dam does not come installed on the car? I've got a very radical street-to-driveway garage transition that I'm thinking the spoiler will hang on. If this is dealer installed after it rolls off the truck, I'll tell them not to put it on. Please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Imanutjob

Established Member
Kevin,
Two months in the queue with still no VIN/build/ship. Are you saying the black plastic front chin spoiler or air dam does not come installed on the car? I've got a very radical street-to-driveway garage transition that I'm thinking the spoiler will hang on. If this is dealer installed after it rolls off the truck, I'll tell them not to put it on. Please let me know. Thanks.

Mine was in my trunk when I picked up my car. As far as I know the dealer will not install it.

Imanutjob

Established Member

Thanks,
Kevin

I am having the same debate on if I should install. Would the only reasons to install be for very high speeds and looks? To me, it would just add weight to the car.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
You can tell your dealer to install or not to install decision is yours, they are all shipped without them on. The pieces are plastic, weight addition is not even worth mentioning. Its really there for more downforce and looks

ObieFox

Established Member
So I got around to installing my lower air splitter yesterday. It looks good.

First thing this morning I stop to get gas and immediately scape the shit out of it leaving the station. HA!

Nice. Oh well, I need to get a spare anyway..... :)

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The good thing about it, is its only plastic and not a big deal. I have yet to scrape mine, but im sure I will at some point, the upper splitter I want in CF and keep the lower black plastic as more for protection

Colleton

Established Member
Because of the way my driveway is built (up, then down, then up again), I had to be very careful pulling my '11 into the garage. If I went to fast I would scrape the splitter.

As the '13 splitter bolts on underneath the old splitter, I don't see any way I could park the car in the garage with the new splitter installed. When my car arrives I probably won't have it installed.

Users who are viewing this thread