FRPP 113mm CIA enough for Whipple?

weider1717

Established Member
Do I really need to buy another CIA thats larger when I installed the gen 4 whipple? Also any recommendations on the best injectors to go with?

Thanks all

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Youll max out the maf at 113mm with the whipple. Your gonna need the 123mm.

All you really need is the 123mm housing. Cobra jet the whipple housing will work.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd say the answer is more closely related to your boost and power level and fuel selection. What are your plans?

weider1717

Established Member
I'd say the answer is more closely related to your boost and power level and fuel selection. What are your plans?

I will stay with the pulley it comes with whatever size that is. I will be happy with 650-700rwhp.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I will stay with the pulley it comes with whatever size that is. I will be happy with 650-700rwhp.
For that power level, I think you need a larger tube, but you could get away with 70 pph injectors. You'd probably need a BAP, especially if it's an earlier model.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
To the OE poster I have a brand new PMAS CAI FS if you need that larger tube, it's listed in FS section in the marketplace under GT500 engine section.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

What are your current mods?
Whos tuning the car?
What is their recommendation on this?

The HP isn't what you wanna chase, its the TQ, honestly. Car will feel like, or very close to stock with the 2.9, unless you do some more in depth mods and configure it correctly

Last edited:

weider1717

Established Member
any help picking out what cia will be the best? the whipple one is like $600 i just am not paying that for a cia..

also which will allow me to keep my stock struct brace ON? thanks guys

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
any help picking out what cia will be the best? the whipple one is like $600 i just am not paying that for a cia..

also which will allow me to keep my stock struct brace ON? thanks guys
Cobra jet 123mm maf

weider1717

Established Member
Hey guys, I looked into the cobra jet 123mm and it looks like a really nice piece.

From what I am reading I can keep some of my ford racing 113mm cold air kit to use with the cobra jet 123mm correct?

I should be able to re-use the 113mm kit "bucket" maybe some slight trimming and my stock tube from the 123mm to the tb can be re-used.

Question, if I do upgrade the tube from the 123mm cj to the tb what are my options? I don't like the looks of it compared to something more "straight" that doesn't look like it droops...but I am not like say JLT or other X brands hard molded plastic. Whipple had a nice looking tube that came with their ford racing gen 2 kit can something like that be bought?

also if I buy the cobra jet 123mm and re-use the other parts is it truly a 123mm setup or do I need new everything? Slightly confused.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread