FS: 03 Cobra Motor

727Cobra

Established Member
I have a stock Cobra motor out of my 03 that I want to get rid of. The motor has just over 102k miles on it but has never been opened up. It had a perfect leakdown and compression test done before I got it back from the shop 3k miles ago. The owner before me was a middle-aged woman who used it for her business car. It had 96k miles on it when I bought it in 2008. It ran perfectly and I never had any problems with it.

This thread is for the motor itself, complete from the valve covers/heads to the oil pan. There is no lower intake on it or fuel parts. The motor already has installed on it a 4 lb lower kit with a set of billetflow idlers.

I'm looking to get $4500 for it and we can work something out for shipping if need be.

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_1970.gif

I'll get more pics up later

Bodyman

Established Member
interested in trading the oe Valve covers for a set of action powder coated blk ones maybe with a little cash? if so send me a PM thanks!! Dont need cop covers just Valve covers

Last edited:

svtrickey

Established Member
This is a GTG guy. I have bought many things off him and everything worked great with no problems.

727Cobra

Established Member
I doubt I'll be parting this if it doesn't sell as a whole. I'll keep that in mind though. Thanks for the words Rickey.. How's that car coming together?

edswhite99

Established Member
This may be a noob ?, but i'm going to ask anyway. Can this be dropped into a 99 cobra without other "mods" or would it take a significant amount of work/parts to make it work?

I have a spun bearing in my motor and looking into different options right now.

svtrickey

Established Member
It's just about to hit the road and my truck took a shit. I am now rushing to get me Cobra running so I have some thing to drive as I need to put the truck under again! It's going to by a blown, C head swap, 6speed if I could ever find one.

svtrickey

Established Member
This may be a noob ?, but i'm going to ask anyway. Can this be dropped into a 99 cobra without other "mods" or would it take a significant amount of work/parts to make it work?

It can be dropped in no problem.

727Cobra

Established Member

It can be dropped in no problem.

this motor runs strong as hell ive been in this car many times

Thanks guys.. It can be dropped in with no major modification. If you have a blown N/A 4V motor this would be cake work. The front end of the motor is set up for a blower setup but you could swap parts in just a little bit and sell the eaton swap parts for some extra cash. The bottom end will hold a lot more power than the 99 motor as well.

fordcrazy302

Established Member
I might be a buyer for about 1/2 the price. MMR has a brand new block with forged internals that will handle up to 900 HP for about 3000 that they honed and bored themselves. It doesn't include heads or cams, but when you add in the machine work that'll have to be done on yours... i don't think so.

Users who are viewing this thread