FS: 1997 BAB cobra

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Nice car LOVE MINE pretty sure you mean to say this is a 1998. center console Cupholders no clock on dash ac plug below center console. and also BAB COBRA was only 1998. 1-553 with blk leather.

Last edited:

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
Bump for a fellow bab owner! Nice car, did great on the stripes! Why did you paint the non plastic part on the shifter bezel? lol

JoeCobra1

Established Member
Dude I can't even belief this car you played it off like a mint car after some research at work today here's what I found on it-

1. Car has at least 5 previous owners not including you making it 6 last registered/titled in MA.
2. From pics one maybe two tires are dry rotted.
3. Last but not least this car was TOTALED but didn't completely go through insurance/ so won't show on carfax in Westerley,RI back on 4/09/04. From what I gathered(traced it back to body shop) car was hit HARD on driver side quarter panel/door pushing floor over. Also front end tapped another car during accident but bodyshop didn't go deep into how bad that was. The car sat at the shop for 3 years as the owner gathered the money to repair WTF. Told car sat at shop for another year being repaired as kind of a side job to keep costs low for owner. So that makes it to 08 when it left their shop then it turns up state over in 2012. Now 2013 it shows up in PA but not retitled. So after getting all this info taking up 2 hours of work non the less I relooked at pics driver side in quarter has paste painted over where the spot welds should be while passenger side looks factory-rear bumper driver side looks tweeked-trunk in definitely not sitting correct(unless not latched not 100% on that one)- taillight is tucked tight against trunk-center to dash where they shows some space on driver side and tight on passenger was the floor pushed over and repaired incorrectly causing this?-driver door jam shows no VC Label..

Just joined the other day to find a clean car finding many links went to this forum and first guy to reply to my ad is trying to pull one over on me says a whole lot. Keep your junk I'll keep my cash and I'm posting this in your thread so you won't try to scam someone again. Like I put on my first post I work for a insurance appraiser I deal with crashed cars and their paperwork daily please only respond if your cars legit because I will look into it before I purchase.

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
JoeCobra1. if you have any proof of this, please send it over to me and I will gladly pull the thread down and part the car out. There are zero signs of any damage to the car anywhere. I am pretty sure "the floor being smashed in" would leave major signs of repair, but this car is very straight underneith and I would gladly take any pictures needed. can you show me where the spot welds have been repaired and covered up? I think you should relax and show me some proof before calling out a long term member a scammer. I am a 5+year member with over 6000 post and perfect feedback on here and all the other forums I am on. Please send me over contact names and numbers, proof of what you are claiming and Ill gladly adjust the thread. Do you honestly think I would take over 60 pictures, vids, post the full vin and try to kill my rep esp being a member as long as I have been on here? Ill be awaiting your response and proof. you have my number. feel free to call.

Last edited:

JoeCobra1

Established Member
JoeCobra1. if you have any proof of this, please send it over to me and I will gladly pull the thread down and part the car out. There are zero signs of any damage to the car anywhere. I am pretty sure "the floor being smashed in" would leave major signs of repair, but this car is very straight underneith and I would gladly take any pictures needed. can you show me where the spot welds have been repaired and covered up? I think you should relax and show me some proof before calling out a long term member a scammer. I am a 5+year member with over 6000 post and perfect feedback on here and all the other forums I am on. Please send me over contact names and numbers, proof of what you are claiming and Ill gladly adjust the thread. Do you honestly think I would take over 60 pictures, vids, post the full vin and try to kill my rep esp being a member as long as I have been on here? Ill be awaiting your response and proof. you have my number. feel free to call.

Not trying to call you out but what do you expect when trying to sell me a car like this? Take pic of driver side quarter panel-driver door vin tags and of VC-Label in driver door jam I'm guessing they have none. Or pull driver side interior panels/trunk panels lets see how it looks back there. Can't stress enough I have no time to play games online this is my last post on this thread. Buyer Beware

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Lol no problem. The car has been painted. I said that in the for sale ad. Im not fighting that. But i will fight you calling the car totalled without hard proof. Trying to sell you? You made a single wtb post and all i did was copy my thread. I wouldnt call that trying to sell you anything. I have never spoke to you on the phone nor have u seen the car in person to make the claims you are. Please provide me proof in your next post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

JVCOBRA

Established Member
Curious where he's getting info that the car was totaled. It doesn't have to go through insurance to show up on the carfax it has to have a police report filed and every major accident does. It does look like the drivers side taillight is cocked a bit but its hard to tell and it is a bit peculiar that the auto check in your eBay listing shows no information from 2003-2012. I wouldn't go galavanting around on other peoples threads making those claims without backing it up but the car does seem priced high for not having original paint and having so many owners and potentially previous body damage.

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Curious where he's getting info that the car was totaled. It doesn't have to go through insurance to show up on the carfax it has to have a police report filed and every major accident does. It does look like the drivers side taillight is cocked a bit but its hard to tell and it is a bit peculiar that the auto check in your eBay listing shows no information from 2003-2012. I wouldn't go galavanting around on other peoples threads making those claims without backing it up but the car does seem priced high for not having original paint and having so many owners and potentially previous body damage.

The tail lights were taken off and got painted to match the car. Its very possible its off by a tad but there is no way its because of some crash or something. I will be throwing the car on the lift thursday and take underbody pics just to prove this guy wrong. Carfax and autocheck are both 100% clean. I asked joecobra to provide me proof and he has not responded. I find it interesting he is a brand new member here and is advertising he will do insurance research for money. A lot of things he said do not many much sense and I am still waiting for proof which I doubt he can bring to the table.

Carfax and autocheck run on 95% police reports. 5% insurance. so if this car was smashed as hard as he claimed, dont you think there would be something flooting around on either c/f or autocheck? of there would be majot signs of repair, frame damage, ect?

I apprecite the guys on here sending me pms right away when this joecobra tried to call me out and I thank you for backing me up.

I think the price is pretty fair. The car has not been wrecked or "totalled". It is a original BAB and just got resprayed as I previously said. Its a 15 yr old cobra that runs great, drives great, stops great and is overall in great condition.

JVCOBRA

Established Member
I did notice in the pic of the trunk, the inside drivers quarter panel does not match the passengers side. Snap some pics of that too if you could.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I did notice in the pic of the trunk, the inside drivers quarter panel does not match the passengers side. Snap some pics of that too if you could.

you mean the rear bumper? its not 100% aligned with the tail lights. its normal. they flex and bend. but I plan on getting very detailed pics this week for you guys

Rick98Z

Established Member
I think he means on the pictures looking into the trunk from both side angles. At the top of the quarter panel where it bends over into the truck and would have spot factory welds...Passengers side looks factory but drivers side looks different...

JVCOBRA

Established Member
I think he means on the pictures looking into the trunk from both side angles. At the top of the quarter panel where it bends over into the truck and would have spot factory welds...Passengers side looks factory but drivers side looks different...

Exactly

JoeCobra1

Established Member
Said I wouldn't repost on this thread but since he cluttered up my WTB ad here's your proof.

All State Insurance Company
Claim# 3964337960D01
Primary POI- Left Quarter Panel/Door
Total Damage Cost $9100

Now thats proof that you can't hide from doesn't show on regular records because it never completely went through. Claim also clearly states frame damage. Notice how he didn't post any of the pics I mentioned in my last post?? I could understand him not knowing if he was a newbie with cars but look he's been around for a while he knows what he's pulling. To everyone on the forum- i'm not trying to cause issue's here don't want any problems he posted the car in my ad I found its shady history and posted to help others.

1hot281

Established Member

Ah I see what you guys are talking about. Could just be lighting, but it does look weird in the pictures. More pics of those two spots close up would help

Users who are viewing this thread