FS: 1997 BAB cobra

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
You claimed the car sat for years at a body shop bc they did it as a side job.. but yet there is a claim on it? Seems a little odd. But i know many shady body shops that claim a lot of work for minor dents. I traded in a chevy malibu last week and the carfac says it had structural damage. But thr previoud owner had pictures of the damage and it was a decent size dent in the rear door. The body shop milked the insurance company for $6500 for a door skin repair. So who knows really how bad it was. there is no way in hell that a quarter and door are $9000 in damage.

Even if it was wacked. Im not hiding anything. Clean carfax. Clean auto check. Clean title. Bottom line. Its a 15yr old cobra. The car is sharp. Drives perfectly. Everything works and 1 of 500. Ive never tried to hide anything from anyone. If the car was hit. It was hit. It is what it is. Not trying to pull the wool over anyone so relax a little.

I bought the car in the middle on the night with over a foot of snow on it. I knew the car was painted. Not a big deal. I even announced it in my op. No history on carfax or auto check either. So who knows how accurate your homework is. People make false insurance claims all the time. The car was def sprayed. But its straight. Frame is perfect. Doors shut perfect. It drives straight. Clean title in hand.

I would actually like to know who u work for bc maybe ill use you for some research on the next cat i purchase and flip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

GoTomGo

Established Member
wow. interesting conversation. 8500 seems steep. what exactly is bab? what can i get for my 97 cobra its black on lack and has 102000 miles? and my seats lookwayyyyyyy better than this cars seats.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
wow. interesting conversation. 8500 seems steep. what exactly is bab? what can i get for my 97 cobra its black on lack and has 102000 miles? and my seats lookwayyyyyyy better than this cars seats.

BAB Bright Atlantic Blue.

your car 5k there are literally 100 cars just like yours for sale now..

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
In one of the pictures of the driver side door jamb, I can make out what appears to be the VC label, tho it appears to be painted over.
Also in the picture of the passenger fender snake there is some odd circle in the paint .
If the car is as stated by the seller, the panel vin tags should be intact since there should be no reason to paint the Jambs on a 70.k mile car.
The left quarter has had work done, that is a poor job of applying seam sealer at the factory seam, it should be crisp and it is not .
The hood to fender gaps are different left to right .
I am not bashing anyone, just making observations .

Last edited:

JVCOBRA

Established Member
Admitting you're just flipping the car doesn't make us potential buyers feel better about the car... I'm guessing you paid between $5-6k for the car. Since you were buying it in the middle of the night it must have been quite a deal but the rest of us are getting the $3500 markup. Idk about everyone else but when I'm looking to buy a car I'm trying to get a good deal on a good, clean car and that doesn't seem like the case for this one. I understand you are looking to make some money but I think SVTP'ers use this site not to get shafted on price.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Dude has been doing it for years he wouldn't buy the car and try to sell it at not fair price makes no cense. He would just be sitting on it. he prices them to sell. At least he is honest at what he does people do not buy cars to lose money on them. no different then a dealer where this car may or may not have been hard wrecked the price is pretty fair for being BAB and the miles. If there is real proof somewhere of an accident then I am sure he will handle it properly dump the car and move on to the next. But I believe for a FACT he would not risk his good rep on this site many years many deals to make a lousy few grand on one car. Biz wise its not logical.

I just bought a 97 PG cobra for $1200 bucks runs drives needs great has 55k miles, needs repaint, and a clutch I paint it fresh do a little a this and little a that be into it $3500 post it up for 7k and under cut the market by almost $2000 per the miles it would be a great deal period . DOES NOT MATTER WHAT I PAID FOR IT…. When you in the buis to sell and I mean sell you price them to sell you do not sit on them, The only issue I have is with people that post up there car is so great and a fair price when its not like the clowns who think there 25k mile 03 cobra is worth 30k. or another guy has a 01 cobra with a blower and bolt ons claims 45k invested has 20k miles on it and wants 34k a complete joke.

2 months ago I low balled a red/tan 96 cobra with 71k on it tuned it up cleaned it up. nothing wrong with the car in fact should a kept it it was clean and straight, I hate tan int and not a fan of red so I wanted it gone priced the car under everyone else's locally sold it in 3 days. can I retire off what I made no but more money is better then the same money and at the end a the day buyer got a great deal, after he handed me the cash he actually kinda insulted me telling me I was not wise for selling it so cheap and he could resell it if he wanted and make money more power to him.

My point is if no one can prove the car was indeed wrecked his car was the lowest priced per miles available BAB 98 cobra coupe for sale on open market. Do u think that is a coincidence? NO priced to sell….

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Admitting you're just flipping the car doesn't make us potential buyers feel better about the car... I'm guessing you paid between $5-6k for the car. Since you were buying it in the middle of the night it must have been quite a deal but the rest of us are getting the $3500 markup. Idk about everyone else but when I'm looking to buy a car I'm trying to get a good deal on a good, clean car and that doesn't seem like the case for this one. I understand you are looking to make some money but I think SVTP'ers use this site not to get shafted on price.

well just because I had to buy it in the middle of the night doesnt mean I got a amazing deal. I work 70hours a week and had a small window to drive 14 hours and go get the car. I drove through the night with my truck and trailer through a damn snow storm (horrible trip btw) and I have been on this forum for a long ass time. everyone knows I flip cars. not just cobras but vettes, vieprs, srts, evo, sti, legacys, fbody. im on a hundred different forums tryin to make a few extra bucks every now and then. Its not a easy job by any means. I know a LOT of guys on here personally. cobraman, sonicsaleen, svtf150, ect. and made a lot of great working relationships with. Ive bought and sold a ton of cars but im not ever after tryin got screw anyone. I dont think I would be able to do what I do if I did that.

Dude has been doing it for years he wouldn't buy the car and try to sell it at not fair price makes no cense. He would just be sitting on it. he prices them to sell. At least he is honest at what he does people do not buy cars to lose money on them. no different then a dealer where this car may or may not have been hard wrecked the price is pretty fair for being BAB and the miles. If there is real proof somewhere of an accident then I am sure he will handle it properly dump the car and move on to the next. But I believe for a FACT he would not risk his good rep on this site many years many deals to make a lousy few grand on one car. Biz wise its not logical.

My point is if no one can prove the car was indeed wrecked his car was the lowest priced per miles available BAB 98 cobra coupe for sale on open market. Do u think that is a coincidence? NO priced to sell….

thanks cobraman. Ill let it sit for a little while. spring is almost here. Its not a bad car by any means and I have no worries selling it.

JVCOBRA

Established Member
Guess you're just the wrong seller for me to buy from, I'm kinda looking to do the same thing but I like to drive the car for a year or two and get back what I paid for it at least. GLWS

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Guess you're just the wrong seller for me to buy from, I'm kinda looking to do the same thing but I like to drive the car for a year or two and get back what I paid for it at least. GLWS

if it doesnt work, it doesnt work. no worries. this car you could easily drive a year or two and resell and prob make a few bucks after all that time.

Rick98Z

Established Member
lol a $5000 sn95 cobra is easy when they need some work but thats nothing. i bought a blown motor 03 evo with 85K miles for $500 a while ago :)

I have been keeping my eyes out but everything I find has over 100,000 on it but people still are wanting $6000+ :( I am on here, the corral, plus craigslist daily checking. Guess I need to expand my craigslist search to farther areas. Really want 96-98 cobra, I know I can find GT's in my price range but I just got my heart set on a cobra!

Good luck with your sale though, you always have sweet looking cars!

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I have been keeping my eyes out but everything I find has over 100,000 on it but people still are wanting $6000+ :( I am on here, the corral, plus craigslist daily checking. Guess I need to expand my craigslist search to farther areas. Really want 96-98 cobra, I know I can find GT's in my price range but I just got my heart set on a cobra!

Good luck with your sale though, you always have sweet looking cars!

Expand man if I did not live in utah and was closer to CA or the mid west I would own 10 more cobras!!!!! the PG car i spoke of above I went and got it about 750 miles away from me.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Expand man if I did not live in utah and was closer to CA or the mid west I would own 10 more cobras!!!!! the PG car i spoke of above I went and got it about 750 miles away from me.

x2. i travel and ship cars from all over the country.

Rick.. I always have sn95s and just keep your eyes open. if I get another soon that meets what your trying to pay, Ill pm ya. :beer:

Last edited:

Rick98Z

Established Member
x2. i travel and ship cars from all over the country.

Rick.. I always have sn95s and just keep your eyes open. if I get another soon that meets what your trying to pay, Ill pm ya. :beer:

Thanks man!!! I don't mind driving to find something right in my price range. I was in love with the black 98 cobra you just sold, that one was hurting me! Again GLWS on the current one!

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Thanks man!!! I don't mind driving to find something right in my price range. I was in love with the black 98 cobra you just sold, that one was hurting me! Again GLWS on the current one!

post your email and zip code can't PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread