FS: 2003 Cobra Torch Red Whipple 3.4L Crusher, Built too much to list, 30k *SoCal*

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
Nature of the beast. Things went wrong and other stuff will down the road. Ask me how I know.......

Does not make it a bad car or deal. I would wait till you resolve these issues and then drive the car and see how you feel about it. :rolling:

kccobra1

Established Member
Nature of the beast. Things went wrong and other stuff will down the road. Ask me how I know.......

Does not make it a bad car or deal. I would wait till you resolve these issues and then drive the car and see how you feel about it. :rolling:

This is true, but parts that are told to be on the car and then are not is not something that people should do. I understand parts will break or fail, but if I say it has a $2000 fuel system and it has a $800 fuel system that is messed up. That is my biggest issue, if you lie about a car knowingly then no amount of "it happens to 800hp cars" matters. Tell the truth or dont guess if you dont know. Have the car inspected before you buy it if you cant go see it around here. I have bought 30+ cars on ebay and only one did I have an issue with and the seller made it right.

03VNM

Established Member
Well... Better get rid of that LOL Z06 plate until you get it running right :) JK
I've been in your shoes and it sucks!! Mustangs, especially Terminators, are a risky car to buy used. Bought my Sonic Blue sight unseen. Seller said the car was solid, no noises or rattles. First time I put it in reverse and pulled out the drive way the rear-end chattered and howled! When I contacted the seller and asked WTF??? He said the same thing..."Can't be responsible for what you have done to it" even though I had it less than 24 hours. I still loved the car though, just cost me a little more cash to get it right. Best of luck to you!!

kccobra1

Established Member
Well... Better get rid of that LOL Z06 plate until you get it running right :) JK
I've been in your shoes and it sucks!! Mustangs, especially Terminators, are a risky car to buy used. Bought my Sonic Blue sight unseen. Seller said the car was solid, no noises or rattles. First time I put it in reverse and pulled out the drive way the rear-end chattered and howled! When I contacted the seller and asked WTF??? He said the same thing..."Can't be responsible for what you have done to it" even though I had it less than 24 hours. I still loved the car though, just cost me a little more cash to get it right. Best of luck to you!!

I understand what you went through, luckly though he sold the car as one thing and then said after I got the car that it didnt have the parts he sold it with on it. Mine is going to small claims if we cant get it to work out.

Hopefully we get it worked out this week or I am done and moving to the claims route.

Last edited:

kccobra1

Established Member
Anyone know what to do when you never get a title for a car? I have not seen this and its been 2 months. Get lied to about the car and then never get the title.

And people wonder why I dont trust anyone here. ****!

SVTSuperDuke

Established Member
You can get another through the dmv .... If the seller has clean and clear title...and with his cooperation, otherwise might need to retain an attorney.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

stangposse

Established Member
Whoa! On 4/30 he said he would be sending you a tracking number for the shipment of title. Is he now refusing to send it or are you just not communicating?

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Wow, I can't believe the nerve of some people. After reading all the posts, this seller is a JOKE. Sounds like the buyer paid top dollar for what was supposed to be a pristine condition Terminator. There is no excuse at that price, I don't care if seller had 40k into the build, it didn't even run/idle upon delivery. Also, where is the title?

kccobra1

Established Member
Ya, he doesnt even respond to calls or texts anymore. I have a bill of sale, but that is it. He had a loan on the car and said it would be paid off and I would have the title 2 to 3 weeks....

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
Something is kinda missing here. The seller has great feedback and has dealed with a lot of people of the forum with no complaints. Idk it just doesn't add up. From great seller to wont send a title ......

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Something is kinda missing here. The seller has great feedback and has dealed with a lot of people of the forum with no complaints. Idk it just doesn't add up. From great seller to wont send a title ......

Yeah, something is missing alright, it's called the buyers title amongst other things, like the condition of the vehicle as advertised.

kccobra1

Established Member
I am not sure what happened, I am hoping he paid the car off and got the title. Makes me sick that I spent close to 30k for a car that was false advertised and then never get a title for it...

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Dynos dont lie. Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

20130414_220056.jpg

You said you never noticed this and it had to happen on the truck? I realize you did pay for half, but come on? I just replaced the alternator and I have the receipt. I will post the dyno sheet for you to see. Something was up with this car when you sold it to me. What about the 1400hp fuel system? I am pissed about this.

This review, I wish I would have seen this too... Lethal Performance 99-04 4V Budget Return Style Fuel System

Not that it matters now, but you CAN see the crack in this pic and this was before the sale......

35384mb.jpg

Hope yall get things straightened out! I Envy'd this car and wished i had the coin to put up for it!

Would the elevation differences have any effect on the tune and lead to a legit reason as to why the car wouldnt run properly?

Last edited:

kccobra1

Established Member
You have to look so hard to see that, unless you are looking for it in that picture you would never know. He said it wasnt there when it shipped then I found it and blamed it on the shipper, shipper said it was there. That is minor compared to what the issue is now. I will get it were it needs to be, but its cost 2800 so far.

As for the tune, the maf graph was so bad, the tuner asked it if was street tuned or tuned at all.

Users who are viewing this thread