FS 2004 Competition Orange Cobra Stock

OrangeVenom04

Established Member
Not trolling but your higher then a kite, if you don't want to use KBB then I'm happy to use Black Book which sinks the price into the 8-9K range. OP GLWS but to you sir I can go get a black vert for half the miles and modded for 17.5 as speak. Color or not a Cobra is a Cobra unless and I say unless its a rare combo like Comp Orange in a vert or Mineral Grey in a vert

You clearly have no idea what these cars go for then if you think they go off of KKB or Black Book or whatever book you want to cite. These cars, especially in MC and CO are only going up in value. His price is fair when you consider it is 1/281. It's not a unicorn like the vert but still highly sought after and basic economics is supply and demand. Supply is much more limited and the demand is still there which equals higher than Book value. Common sense. And last time I checked, the books don't take into account rarity. Just my .02

04Cobra03

Established Member
I bought my CO last year and I was thinking the same thing ViciousJay. It took a year of looking to realize that CO Cobras go for thousands over book and I ended up paying several thousand over book. By the way, KBB had a clause that says value can be more depending on the rarity of the vehicle. I looked on the site but cant find where it says it but believe me unless they changed it, it was there for sure because I read it when I was getting mine. There are soooo many threads on here of people fighting "overpriced" asking prices for terminators let alone CO cobras. I know cuz I was one of them. Search Comp orange cobras for sale and look through the threads and you will see several people laughing at people who come on saying their cobra is overpriced. Basically you wont find anyone who needs to get rid of a CO Cobra and unless they get what they want, they will probably keep it. I do understand where you are coming from ViciousJay.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
there is def a co "tax". you can see it based on color popularity polls and what cars go for here and on other sites. that combined with low production numbers make for a higher supply and demand value.

and that goes not just for our cars but musclecars in general. a '69 super bee in orange is going to be more sought after than one in green for example, given the same condition and options.

edit: unless it's that wild lime green lol. that is a popular mopar color

Last edited:

JackisBack

Established Member
Just bringing out a black book or a kbb number on a Cobra says a lot guys. It is not worth wasting any more time commenting on anything there.

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
Overpriced? KBB? Then Black book? And a member since 2004? LMFAO

Jay, is your little brother trolling and using your account? Cmon guy you know better than that, even tho the Cobras are 11 & 12 years old, these cars still go for $17k to $20k+ add CO or Mystic and your looking at about an extra $2k-$5k

srizo1

Established Member
Hey man if the car is in the condition you say it is, I'll definitely get the car off of your hands by the summer. Are you in a rush to sell?

CCMP04

Established Member
Hey Guys I'm new to this site.... Looking forward to chatting with everyone.... I own a bone stock CO and bottom line is your cars worth what someone's willing to pay!!! And with rare cars the more money.... GLWS!!!! Rob_Stylez your right on with your comments!

Turbo92Coupe

Established Member
The car is still available but I have several people interested in purchasing. I doubt it will last until summer but you never know. I am not forced to sell the car, just really no need for 2 CO cobras.

Once a deposit is received I will advise of sale pending and again when sold.

Anyone interested is welcome to contact me for further information needed To complete the transaction.

Thanks

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Hey Guys I'm new to this site.... Looking forward to chatting with everyone.... I own a bone stock CO and bottom line is your cars worth what someone's willing to pay!!! And with rare cars the more money.... GLWS!!!! Rob_Stylez your right on with your comments!

hey man do you know the svt build number/date of your comp orange car? tried to send a pm but couldn't.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
thx! if any of you guys want any comp orange info let me know. we try to keep a spreadsheet of last 6 of vin, svt build#, build date, and last known location. I think we have about 40% of all the cars, hopefully someday we will have all 353 cars :beer:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Some questions, sorry if any of this was previously addressed...

Is it a clean title car?

Any known accidents?

How long have you owned the car?

How many previous owners that you know of?

Any engine/drivetrain issues?

Last edited:

Turbo92Coupe

Established Member
Is it a clean title car? Yes title is clean

Any known accidents? No known accidents, again title is clean as well as carfax

How long have you owned the car? I purchased the car in November 2014

How many previous owners that you know of? I believe there were 2 previous owners.

Any engine/drivetrain issues? No engine or drivetrain issues. Car runs, shifts, and drives great.

Users who are viewing this thread