FS 2007 GT500 white/blue $35K

Thump_rrr

Established Member
He bought the car for $31.5 knowing it had problems. If the buyer is sooooo disatisfied with this purchase pm me, I'll buy the car from him for $31.5K. Just need notice that he wants to sell so I can unload my cobra.
As of Jan 24, 2009 it looks like the whole trans is trashed.

Is it still such a great deal that you'd buy it?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php?p=5737403&postcount=111

Looks like there is good reason to wait until all is said & done. I took the Shelby to Paul's High Performance Friday morning, at noon they told me the slave cylinder/release bearing need to be replaced, at 3:00 they told me the trans is trashed. When you try to turn the input shaft, it's hard to turn and binds up more as you go. Looks like something is bent internally and syncros are shot. They estimate $800-$2k to rebuild depending on what's needed and assuming the housing isn't damaged. They have a used one (2k miles on it) to sell for $2,300. So if the used trans is installed with clutch parts that were given to me and add in the slave cylinder/release bearing - we're probably looking at $3k. Then there's still the differential noise to diagnosis and repair.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated. Just know that I've already done all of the woulda, coulda, shoulda's on this. Can't change what's already happened. You know what they say about hindsight...

The rear end has the factory 3.31 gears in it, just like I told him. If there is any problem with it, perhaps a wheel bearing has gone out, which is a $12 part and an hour 1/2 labor.

What a joke. If you can do it in a 1 1/2 hours you're good.
The Panhard bar and diff cover need to be removed to remove the crosspin so that the C clip can be removed to pull the axle for starters.

Last edited:

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
Ive been reading this a bit. If something is not comfortable about something your buying walk away. What ive learned is that very rarely my stomach bullsh-ts me. Should have had the car checked out before you purchased it or gotten it to where you were happy with it before you bought it. Some of this unfortunately comes with age. At this point fix it and enjoy it

spincobra03

Established Member
I still havent seen the seller explain the "nothing done to the differential" comment. DID YOU PUT GEARS IN THE CAR OR NOT?

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
Wow Buyer Beware! You know though times are tough and people need money! Some people will say or do anything to sell something. That car was beat on pretty hard. He should have been totally honest and tol people I beat the shit out of it for 22k miles. So 31k if it does not sell then lower the price till it does. Someone would buy it with full disclosure. Not me.... I like low mileage one owner cars which are priced reasonably. I tend to keep cars along time though. Plus I am very particular.

This car was a lease if I remember why didn't he just turn it in?

Users who are viewing this thread