FS/FT 89 Notch Gt500 Conversion 1 of a Kind

Biltforspeed351

Not just another Foxbody.
Established Member
SOLD

The car is a 1989 Fox coupe. The donor car was a 2007 Shelby Gt500. Most of you already know about the car but for those that dont here is the run down. The entire floor pan, firewall was taken out the Gt500 and welded into the fox. This allowed the entire interior of the GT500 to bolt right into the car as well as the dash. The height inside the car is the same as the GT500. This build on this car is over a 3 year period now. Its not just a simple dash or engine swap. If you closed your eyes and sat in the car you would think your in a GT500 not a fox. Countless hours have been spent on this car to get it to the point its at. Please feel free to email or message me with any questions. Here are some details on the car

Engine: 2007 Shelby Gt500 5.4 DOHC. Topped with a Kenne Bell 2.8 Mammoth stage 3 blower. Hand polished. The engine, tranny has little over 17,000 miles on it. Runs like a top and starts on first turn of key. Tuned by SCT with 3 tunes. Car makes just under 700 on the street tune. Have smaller pulley for more power and the last race tune. JMS tuned the car.
The engine has been hand painted and polished. All pullies, brackets, etc were done. Wiring harness is hidden. Chrome Ford Cam covers along with Shelby coil covers. Engine really does show well. Moroso Coolant tanks, power steering tanks etc. Pictures really tell the story. MMR oil cooler setup. Scott Rod smoothed panels in engine bay. Body painted to match. Also has ATI balancer, MMR oil cooler way better than GT500 version and cleaner, Thumper tensioner.

Tranny: Gt500 6060 6 speed. Spec carbon twin disc hydraulic clutch. Has a real Cobra jet shifter in car and will come with factory GT500 also. Car shifts smoothly.

Rear end: Fox 8.8 with 03-04 Cobra traction unit, Gt500 355 gears and hardened 31 spline axles.

Brakes: New edge disc brakes at all 4 corners. PBR calipers painted. Ceramic pads. Drilled/slotted rotors all way around. A GT500 power brake booster with Wilwood proportioning valve.

Suspension: Front UPR k member, MM Chrome camber/caster plates, Off set rack bushings, UPR coilover kit (14/175) Strange 10 way adj..
Rear. Strange 10 ways adj. stock 4 cycl springs, steeda alum. weight jackers, boxed UCA. Rubber bushings

Fuel: Fox tank and cover that was modified to accept GT500 hat. Twin Boost a pumps, stock GT500 fuel filters. High psi hose front to rear. EVAP deleted.

Wheels: Billet specialties in excellent shape with new tires. Mickey T's on rear.

Exterior: Brandnew paint. BAB Ford Blue. Has later model fenders to allow for bigger wheels. Ultra clear headlights. Brandnew Taillights. Excellent qtr windows. Kaenen cowl hood. Comes with a factory hood as well. Almost every piece of rubber LMR sells is on the car. No dents or dings. Car stays indoors. The paint job has ghosted SHelby snakes on fenders and Super snakes stripes on hood in the tears to mimic the illusion that a shelby is underneath the paint tearing off the fox.

Exhaust: Stock gt500 manifolds, 2.5 h pipe, Borla Pro XS mufflers with VRS 3 stainless pipes.

Interior: Entire Gt500 wiring in the car front to rear. No fox body wiring anymore. The headliner, door panels, rear seats were recovered in leather to match the GT500 front seats. Corbeau harness bar with corbeau cam-lock harness. Factory stereo with shaker 1000 system and amps. Several billet items throughout the interior. Tinted windows. The dash is mounted to the firewall just like a factory gt500. Same bolts and all. Not a hack job. Any motor issues arise take it to FORD they can plug in OBD port and fix it. Its just like a GT500 except its all in a fox body.

I could go on for days listing things about the car. This is a true 1 of a kind car. Not a simple conversion or swap. Alot of detail work was done that you cant even see to ensure the fit and feel of a GT500 while in a fox. The car is a blast to drive. The car is violently fast. The blower will have you at redline faster than you can shift. Car is not raced or abused. You can take the car and drive it or show it. Either way it will make you happy.

On a side note. I build my cars for me. If you dont like the paint, wheels, color....thats fine. Just dont trash up my sale thread with Coulda, shoulda, woulda's. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Guys, the pictures tell the story, but they really don't do this car justice....It is a true work of art....You could walk around and look at this car 10 times and each time you will see another thing to make you say "cool" that you didn't see the other times....no expense or detail has been spared....And when he says it is fast, that is a major understatement.....it will pull harder than you can imagine and then come to a quick smooth stop and idle like it just rolled off the assembly line.......

It just recently won editor's choice award at Mustang Week 2014 and was mentioned in this past months Muscle Mustang's and Fast Fords.....The buyer of this car and truly say they are the LUCKY owner of a one of a kind Fox......

GLWS!!!!!!

Last edited:

Biltforspeed351

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. I have dropped the price as well as the bottom $ price I will take. Serious buyers shoot me your offers. I am ready to move this car. Trust me whoever get it will be getting the deal of a lifetime. Have spoken to a few people on here and few other sites I have it listed. SO if your thinking about making an offer step on up and do it. You will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks for looking.

rdsnk46

Established Member
This is one badass ride, tire kickers can go kick rocks instead! LOL! GLWS!

Andy

Last edited:

Biltforspeed351

Established Member
New paint & what other changes since u got it?

Total engine bay redo as well as upgrades to engine as well as cosmetics of engine. ATI balancer, MMR oil cooler, Upgraded alternator, Blue belts Countless hours polishing the blower. Remember the engine bay was flat black....everything. New MM Chrome c/c plates as well as new steering rack. Old one was shot.

Wheels that can support a good sized tire.

New quarter windows, headlights, tailights. New exhaust.

Finished and redid alot of things that werent finished yet. Dash gap, seat belts, etc. Alot of things you wont notice now unless I told ya. List goes on and on.....

Last edited:

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Here are a few videos of this Beautiful beast in action....the small fly by (video 2) is a 3rd gear blip of the throttle that instantly makes the Mickey Thompsons fight a losing battle to hold on to the pavement......Anyone that gets this car is a lucky son of a gun....not only will they have a one of a kind beautiful Fox Body, they will also have a tire frying powerhouse!!!!!.....Best of both worlds!!!!!! SHOW and GO!!!!

Video 1 - First start of the day.....Runs like a stock Shelby!!!

th_IMG_1940.gif

Video 2 - Short 3rd gear fly by....traction was not to be had

th_IMG_1941.gif

Video 3 - The beast returns home

th_IMG_1942.gif

Biltforspeed351

Established Member
Thanks Frank. We got the new ride height set yesterday. Raised car up slightly so its more streetable. I gotta say after driving car yesterday I think it would destroy my built procharged Boss with ease. Power of this fox is extreme. There arent many cars you will drive that will break traction pretty much whenever you want too and in any gear. Like Frank said someone will be getting a handful of car.

On a side not the car didnt have the headlights in the videos since I was putting the ultra clear units back in. The tinted ones looked cool but were useless at night and flat out dangerous. New ride height below

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread