Fuel...Confused....

Which Fuel system for 18 PSI on 93.

• Kenne Bell BAP w/ Lethal wire upgrade.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Dual FPDM, Fore Hat, GT Pumps

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Lethal Budget Return kit

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 5 gal bucket sraight into blower inlet!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
So guys I have some questions.....
I have been on this site everyday for six months (in Afganistan), and though there a ton of threads on this issue I am still at a loss on what to do.
Thanks to two awesome guys (Stroked03Cobra & 95SC), I am now the proud owner of a KB 2.4, 60 lbs injectors, Mafia, PF FAB intercooler tank, etc. But, there are tons of different opinions as to what I need in the fuel department.
Here is the scoop to help you answer my questions:
-I only plan on running at 17/18 lbs on 93.
-Since this car is my DD, I have no plans to go into the 20's for boost.
-There is only one E-85 station in the area so that is not an option.

Now, I am looking at two choices:
- A simple BAP and Lethal wire upgrade.
- Dual FPDM setup with wire upgrade and twin GT pumps (do I need the Fore hat?)

I want to do things right so I don't have any issues (again DD.) I am not a cheap a**, so if I have to spend a little more money so be it. I also don't want to go over kill if I don't have to. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.:beer:

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
I'm too big of a rookie to give you any real advice you need. To tell you what is going on though, here in central time in Missouri it is 230am, you posted a little before midnight central time and now 230. Wait until tomorrow afternoon/evening and you should get some more help.

cobra_mer

Established Member
Yeah that extra 30 mins time zone in A@@ramistan always messed me up as well. Stay safe and keep your head down. :)

cobra_mer

Established Member
Nice I got just a few more weeks as well, I'm a little south west of you across the gulf. I'm interested to see what people say, I'm having a 2.9 whipple, MAF, Accufab TB, dropped into my cobra in the next couple of weeks and I'm shooting for 18-20#, so we are close to the same type of situation atm. My shop guy, who has set up tons of high powered cars only said i needed a KB BaP, and 60lbers. So we will see and I will let you know how it turns out.

jamescb77

Established Member
this is my opinion but im no pro like some on here. I plan on doing a similar setup like you to begin with. IM just going to add a BAP to my stock fuel setup with 80# injectors. There are many people running a stock setup with a BAP to 600-625. Then when i wanna boost it up more im gonna switch to a return setup and go e85

Last edited:

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
fuel

i ran a kenne bell 2.2 @ 20+ lbs. of boost with the stock fuel rails and fuel line, boost-a-pump, 60lb. injectors,and a Mafia, with factory fuel pumps, make SURE you do the pprv delete,you will have major hesitation with the fuel demands with the stock fuel system and the kenne bell if you dont do the pprv delete, with that being said i made 605rwhp and my duty cycle never exceeded 87%, oh yea you have to do the wiring upgrade from the battery for the fpdm, that should do it

xenodragon

Established Member
I would suggest the full fuel system upgrade. I had many problems with my BAP and going to a return style fuel setup fixed all my issues. Just spend a little more and do it right instead of band aiding the problem

Yep BAPs work for some just fine, but why even take the chance. It cost me $1500 for the fuel system and I can now run e85 if i wanted and tune the car up to whatever hp i want without worrying about running out of fuel

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
Good info guys, thanks a lot.... Now I have to get over the fear of a returnless style system..... The budget deal at Lethal is almost too good to pass up... UGH!!! LOL!

Black306

Established Member
Personally, I would suggest a dual FPDM conversion, GT pumps, and a Fore hat.

If you are pretty handy with electrical wiring, then you can do a dual FPDM conversion for under $100. The link in my sig has all the information you need and I'll answer any questions.

I recommend GT pumps for a few reasons. First, the fuel tables are provided by Ford a'la the GT. Next, they have been around a while and knowledgeable tuners will have a lot of experience with them. They will also have no problem supporting ~600rwhp without a BAP.

An alternative would be the new Aeromotive Stealth 340 pumps. Advantages are they flow significantly more than GT pumps and can be used in a return style system if you ever decide to convert. Only real down side is that they are new, limits have not been found with them, and fuel tables haven't been established. Since you're not planning on pushing your car too hard, I wouldn't worry about the limits.

A Fore hat is not required, but it does make the install a whole hell of a lot easier. Plus, you don't have to worry about spaghetti hoses running around under the hat. Sure, it is a pricey piece, but the price can be significantly offset by selling the stock hat/pumps as a whole, and the money difference is worth the ease on install.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
If you aren't going to run above 18-20psi then there is no need to spend all the extra money for a fuel system, when you can use the BAP just fine. I run stock pumps, 60s, mafia and a BAP and I am right at 600rwhp on 93 with zero issues. Most people run stock pumps if they are not going above 20psi or around 620-640rwhp.

IMO.

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
^ I agree, this is what I am running with my 2.3 but if you want to upgrade I would just by Lethal's new return set up and be done with it. Cant beat the price...

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
If its done correctly, you will have no issue's with just a BAP at that level. I ran a BAP for 6 years without a hiccup and was right at 600rwhp through an auto. If you never ever ever plan on going higher it should be fine and saves you some cash. I would look for a modded FPDM also (not made anymore) to handle the higher currents better.

With that said though you might not be able to find one, then I would just do the GT pumps and dual FPDM's. No need to go return style and spend a whole bunch of cash for 600-620rwhp.

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
If its done correctly, you will have no issue's with just a BAP at that level. I ran a BAP for 6 years without a hiccup and was right at 600rwhp through an auto. If you never ever ever plan on going higher it should be fine and saves you some cash. I would look for a modded FPDM also (not made anymore) to handle the higher currents better.

With that said though you might not be able to find one, then I would just do the GT pumps and dual FPDM's. No need to go return style and spend a whole bunch of cash for 600-620rwhp.

Black306's links have Modified FPDM's for sale... Is that old? I have the cash to buy an all out fuel system, but I don't have any tuner's I trust in the area. I don't feel confident in trusting someone who doesn't tune Terminators working out kinks in my tune for returnless you know? The best option is Fastlane, but they are nearly two hours away.... This is rough.....

Black306

Established Member
No, the link for modified FPDMs is not old. Actually, it is new. I now build modified FPDMs to people that still want that option.

Users who are viewing this thread