Fuel kit options. Good and bad reviews?

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
I am out of fuel with my Paxton set up and it's time to expand. I have ID1000's waiting to go along with a brand new JMS unit but quite frankly the whole boost a pump thing scares me. I've been looking into some stuff and different kits so I am just curious to hear about pro's and cons of each set up. I really like Sai's budget kit because of just that, it seems to get the job done and is very fair priced. I was looking at JPC $1499 kit but had someone tell me that they're having a lot of issues with them getting to seal up and work the right way. Just trying to make about 725whp comfortably on a 13' boss, nothing insane.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Primary will be 93 but I have the option for E85 or Pump 110 as well.

On our Boss 302, we ran a 75 lb injector and the JMS pump booster and supported nearly 900rwhp on a gasoline based fuel still with room to go. I understand where you are coming form regarding using a booster vs a dedicated fuel system as I feel the same way with my personal vehicles but the JMS unit is proven and it was very reliable for us, absolutely 0 issues.

If you are set on a dedicated system, we have some options available, especially if you have plans for E85. Our systems contain all the same components as the next with the only difference being the fuel pump that is included. For your set up on E85, I would suggest using twin Walbro 465lph pumps, you can view our system details here:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...0l-850-1800rwhp-return-style-fuel-system.html

Our systems also include preassembled PTFE fuel hose standard. This hose looks great with it's black nylon coating and it will eliminate any chance of having fuel vapors permeate through the line which is common with other systems that use regular push lock hose. Push lock can be great for race or street/strip cars, but for a car that see's a lot of time on the street and that may be parked in closed quarters, the PTFE line is the way to go.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
Just throw in a modified Gt500 hat. No BAP, plenty of fuel for that setup

Such as Sai's set up? I am literally clueless with fuel system. I can weld a fart into a rainbow and build turbo kits but with fuel I am ****ed.

corepwn

Established Member
Sai's works well and is the simplest to install since you only run a return and not a feed.
JPC's also works fine (1400hp), but I would lean towards the PTFE and away from the pushlok hoses for anything E85 anyway.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
I feel like I am limited also by oil pump gears but that will be this winters project seeing as I just dumped all the cash I had buying a house.

corepwn

Established Member
I'm unsure of what issue with sealing up your referring to but this is the fuel system alot of our customers have been going with. Pre assembled and setup to support a ton of power it's a great solution for what your trying to do.

http://www.jpcracing.com/2011-2016-...-system-1400-hp-w-rails-black-assembled-ptfe/

I ran Sai's kit and then upgraded to JPC's. I don't have any issues with sealing up, the kit delivers plenty of fuel to my car. The only issue I had was with some e85 smell being present, so I just picked up their PTFE lines to take care of that.

I can recommend both kits, Sai's will be the simplest to install due to the need to only run a return. (Although modifying the stock feed is kind of a bitch).

JPCs will support more power IMO due to larger lines/rails, but that said I believe Sai has made 900rwhp+ in a turbo car on his kit.

Zona14Stang

Established Member
I had no problem with the push loc and no smell from the goodyear hose's. I just did not tighten the connections tight enough and those will be on any system you would install.
I would also do the timing gear and OPG if you are thinking of E85. I figure as long as you are there I would upgrade as much as possible so you do not have to take everything apart again. When I did the OPG, I also did the timing and super damper. I plan on keeping this car awhile.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
I prefer the Fore Innovations fuel system, I like the Fore controller. But it is a little more money, and you have to cut all the lines, install the fuel line fittings, so it is more labor extensive

Though if I were to choose between the Lethal, or JPC systems I would choose the JPC system. I like that JPC use a Fore Fuel hat, to me it's a little better than the CP-E fuel hat. I also like that the hoses are all pre made, which will save a lot of time installing the system.

I love my Fore fuel system, but it is a little more labor to install, and a few more bucks spec'd similar to the JPC system.

I don't know how JPC's controller works, or if JPC included a check valve in there system. Though you can pick one up directly from Fore, or ask JPC to include one. It's only $75 but wouldn't do a fuel system without a check valve

crazyrifle

Established Member
On our Boss 302, we ran a 75 lb injector and the JMS pump booster and supported nearly 900rwhp on a gasoline based fuel still with room to go. I understand where you are coming form regarding using a booster vs a dedicated fuel system as I feel the same way with my personal vehicles but the JMS unit is proven and it was very reliable for us, absolutely 0 issues.

If you are set on a dedicated system, we have some options available, especially if you have plans for E85. Our systems contain all the same components as the next with the only difference being the fuel pump that is included. For your set up on E85, I would suggest using twin Walbro 465lph pumps, you can view our system details here:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...0l-850-1800rwhp-return-style-fuel-system.html

Our systems also include preassembled PTFE fuel hose standard. This hose looks great with it's black nylon coating and it will eliminate any chance of having fuel vapors permeate through the line which is common with other systems that use regular push lock hose. Push lock can be great for race or street/strip cars, but for a car that see's a lot of time on the street and that may be parked in closed quarters, the PTFE line is the way to go.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.
. Hi derek i got jms fuel booster and i d 1000 injectors on my 2011 gt can i reach 900 rwhp on stock fuel system ???????????

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
. Hi derek i got jms fuel booster and i d 1000 injectors on my 2011 gt can i reach 900 rwhp on stock fuel system ???????????

You might be able to, but you will be stretching the limits of the stock fuel pump. We never got around to testing our Boss with anything more than the 850 rwhp it was making. I would suggest upgrading the fuel system, I don't think any tuner will want to tune a 900rwhp set up using a stock fuel pump.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Couldn't you just run a boost-a-pump on Sai Li's kit when you start to run out of fuel? Would give it a bit more potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread