Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

paulkrau

Established Member
Has anybody had to replace their fuel rail pressure sensor on an 03 cobra? I recently had the car tuned and then this sensor "failed" (Service Engine Light came on). I replaced the sensor and the car's computer initiated a "service engine soon" warning. I then tested the AF and it was below 10 from 4500 to 7000 rpm. When replacing this sensor, does the car typically need to be retuned? Or was the sensor not working properly during the initial tune?

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
A lot of people have had to replace that, its a common problem usually related to fuel pressure spikes in the tune. Replace it and change your oil as well.

jsucil89

Established Member
ha! which time i've done 3 of them at 80 bucks a pop. I have the KB disc now and every things been fine.

did you have to retune each time? or was the original tune still good after replacing? what is this KB disc that you mentioned?

03sm3341

Established Member
No same tune. If the tunes spot on it should'nt blow them. My car was done by Rick at amazon. Im sure he could fix it but i just bought the disc instead. And another thing is when he tuned my car it was POORING down rain and we could'nt test drive it.

When my FRPS blew my car would not start period but mine all failed mechanically. When you pulled the vac lines off did gas run out?

It's a disc that goes under the FRPS and has a smaller hole in the center to help prevent fuel spikes. It's made by Kenny Bell. it's 15 bucks though a little salty IMO for what it is. You have to call KB direct to get it. It should fix your problem of them blowing. And you might also want to change your oil if your real picky about such things but I never did. Check your oil see if it smells of gas. if it does change the oil.

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
ha! which time i've done 3 of them at 80 bucks a pop. I have the KB disc now and every things been fine.

BTW - if you have aftermarket fuel rails, you shouldn't need the disc. I bought one only to find out the hole in the disc was the same diameter as the hole in my Fore fuel rails...:nonono:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I know people that have to change this POS at every track event! I carry not one, but two spares now!

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

alexgg2

Established Member
Has anybody had to replace their fuel rail pressure sensor on an 03 cobra? I recently had the car tuned and then this sensor "failed" (Service Engine Light came on). I replaced the sensor and the car's computer initiated a "service engine soon" warning. I then tested the AF and it was below 10 from 4500 to 7000 rpm. When replacing this sensor, does the car typically need to be retuned? Or was the sensor not working properly during the initial tune?

What code did the ECU show when you used a scan tool. You typically dont need to retune ecu when replacing this sensor but since you just had your car tuned and you dont know if it was or wasnt working when they did the tune, I suggest you get it retuned just in case it was broken while they did the tune or your a/f ratio will be off.

Users who are viewing this thread