Fully loaded, Full weight Automatic 2011s runs mid 11s @ 120mph N/A

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I would like to know all the mods, but assume L/T's, CAI, Tune, O/R X, 4.10's and the stall?

Again, absolutely awesome car that FORD has brought to the game. Wait till the blower/turbo cars start hitting the tracks, and even more interesting will be the Boss.

Driver72

Established Member
i have detected a hater post....iirc a stock one has been 12.3's....I know 12.5's

Umm no. My last two cars, BMW 335i's had autos and they are faster than the manuals, tested many, many times but the autos in the BMW's also had shorter gearing. But the BMW autos have frills that made it at least 1/2 way entertaining to drive.

No stock 12.3's from any car, I've heard of around low to mid 12's on 5.0's with slicks. But I'm talking STOCK.
There might of been a 12.5 but that was at ATCO. Which runs .2-.3 faster than most tracks.
I don't think a manual has run there yet, but manuals have run 12.7's at "normal" tracks.
Using ATCO for ET's is like using Sacramento for trap speeds (which are also well known to run 2-2.5 mph fast)
At a track that's not world known to have a bit optimistic times what's the fastest auto?

Or let's wait to see a manual and auto at ATCO on the same day, both truly stock down to the tires. But for anybody to make a blanket statement that the auto 5.0's are faster based on one run at a track known to be optimistically fast is ignorant to say the least.
True too, Ford has stated they got slightly better times in the auto with their testing, but the question then is, "could their tester drive a manual worth a crap?"

It takes a lot more than one test to make factual scientific statements.
And again, ONE test at ATCO without a manual there on the same day to compare is FAR from accurate to make ANY kinds of deduction statements of facts from.

One thing is true, and no scientific tests needed, the auto would get creamed on a track with curves or a canyon road against a manual.
The auto in the 5.0 just does not have the modern goodies to allow it to hold revs and rev match downshift and so forth for it to even have a chance against a well driven manual in the curves.

Last edited:

Ltngdrvr

Established Member
IIRC the Brembo brake option isn't available with the automatic transmission.

You're right, no brembo on automatic cars.

Still, I don't think you can't fit a 15" front runner over the regular GT 13.2" brakes unless it has a high negative offset or spacers.

Driver72

Established Member
awesome, but neutering such a capable car to straight line 1320' racing is beyond me.

make that bitch turn and drive it for more than 11 seconds at a time.

+1

The auto in the 2011 GT is such a disappointment in a performance car.
I had an auto in my rental Mazda 3 (base car with 2.0 I4) and not only did it have a manual mode that allowed gear changes via the floor shifter, but it's redline was 6500 rpms and it would go all the way into the red zone and up to 7200 then just bounce off the rev limiter and NOT SHIFT.
This was a $15k car!!!

It's a literal shame the 2011 Mustang GT comes with such a fun killing no frills auto. Its like they were living back in 1991 when they thought about what to give the auto .
No frills auto
No Brembo brake package
No Thanks when considering a performance car thats suppose to be fun to drive too.

Without it I couldn't care if the auto was .5 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile.
The other 99.5% of the time I am driving a performance car it needs to be fun. :banana:
The occasional 11-12 seconds you spend at a drag strip is not enough to outweigh the hours and hours of driving you do on the streets or in the canyons that only the manual in this car can provide maximum entertainment and driving pleasure. Plus again, with the control of the manual and the Brembo brake package, the auto doesn't stand a chance on tracks or roads with curves. :D
Give the GT a DCT or even a well optioned auto (like ZF's new 8 speed with paddle shifters, etc) and I'd be in one of those instead of a manual, as it would offer 95% of the driving enjoyment of the manual, yet still compete on tracks/roads with curves.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
****in amazing how many haters are on this site. If drag racing isnt your thing, so be it. Why rag on someone with an auto trans and setup to bring it to the track once a week? Holy shit. The ones that bitch about auto cars, are typically the ones getting beat by them on the track every time they go out :lol: Also, the Brembos do not cut the stopping distance my much at all, a few feet actually. They are more optimized to be hot lapped for longer periods of time and withstand it. Not many people would actually use the Brembos to their full potential anyways.

All BS aside, thats pretty damn impressive, Id have no problem driving that car all day, every day!

Last edited:

DIB5.0

Established Member
****in amazing how many haters are on this site. If drag racing isnt your thing, so be it. Why rag on someone with an auto trans and setup to bring it to the track once a week? Holy shit. The ones that bitch about auto cars, are typically the ones getting beat by them on the track every time they go out :lol:

All BS aside, thats pretty damn impressive, Id have no problem driving that car all day, every day!

Amen Brother!

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
****in amazing how many haters are on this site. If drag racing isnt your thing, so be it. Why rag on someone with an auto trans and setup to bring it to the track once a week? Holy shit. The ones that bitch about auto cars, are typically the ones getting beat by them on the track every time they go out :lol: Also, the Brembos do not cut the stopping distance my much at all, a few feet actually. They are more optimized to be hot lapped for longer periods of time and withstand it. Not many people would actually use the Brembos to their full potential anyways.

i hear ya! the more I see them, the more I want an auto!

Evo - how high is the stall in this car? and get a 150pill on that car!

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The mods you listed is it, also springs and a panhard bar.

Awesome, thanks!

You guys really have a handle on the new car. Congrats. You have any plan to spray it with the 125shot, and if so, you think the auto can handle it?

BTW, when are you guys going to reveal that TT Red 5.0 in your sig...?

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Umm no. My last two cars, BMW 335i's had autos and they are faster than the manuals, tested many, many times but the autos in the BMW's also had shorter gearing. But the BMW autos have frills that made it at least 1/2 way entertaining to drive.

No stock 12.3's from any car, I've heard of around low to mid 12's on 5.0's with slicks. But I'm talking STOCK.
There might of been a 12.5 but that was at ATCO. Which runs .2-.3 faster than most tracks.
I don't think a manual has run there yet, but manuals have run 12.7's at "normal" tracks.
Using ATCO for ET's is like using Sacramento for trap speeds (which are also well known to run 2-2.5 mph fast)
At a track that's not world known to have a bit optimistic times what's the fastest auto?

Or let's wait to see a manual and auto at ATCO on the same day, both truly stock down to the tires. But for anybody to make a blanket statement that the auto 5.0's are faster based on one run at a track known to be optimistically fast is ignorant to say the least.
True too, Ford has stated they got slightly better times in the auto with their testing, but the question then is, "could their tester drive a manual worth a crap?"

It takes a lot more than one test to make factual scientific statements.
And again, ONE test at ATCO without a manual there on the same day to compare is FAR from accurate to make ANY kinds of deduction statements of facts from.

One thing is true, and no scientific tests needed, the auto would get creamed on a track with curves or a canyon road against a manual.
The auto in the 5.0 just does not have the modern goodies to allow it to hold revs and rev match downshift and so forth for it to even have a chance against a well driven manual in the curves.

that 12.5 run in the auto was at sacremento because the trap speed was in the 115-116mph range...

Ltngdrvr

Established Member
I'll take one of each please, automatic to drag race and the stick to play on the twisties...:thumbsup:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
+1

The auto in the 2011 GT is such a disappointment in a performance car.
I had an auto in my rental Mazda 3 (base car with 2.0 I4) and not only did it have a manual mode that allowed gear changes via the floor shifter, but it's redline was 6500 rpms and it would go all the way into the red zone and up to 7200 then just bounce off the rev limiter and NOT SHIFT.
This was a $15k car!!!

It's a literal shame the 2011 Mustang GT comes with such a fun killing no frills auto. Its like they were living back in 1991 when they thought about what to give the auto .
No frills auto
No Brembo brake package
No Thanks when considering a performance car thats suppose to be fun to drive too.

Without it I couldn't care if the auto was .5 seconds quicker in the 1/4 mile.
The other 99.5% of the time I am driving a performance car it needs to be fun. :banana:
The occasional 11-12 seconds you spend at a drag strip is not enough to outweigh the hours and hours of driving you do on the streets or in the canyons that only the manual in this car can provide maximum entertainment and driving pleasure. Plus again, with the control of the manual and the Brembo brake package, the auto doesn't stand a chance on tracks or roads with curves. :D
Give the GT a DCT or even a well optioned auto (like ZF's new 8 speed with paddle shifters, etc) and I'd be in one of those instead of a manual, as it would offer 95% of the driving enjoyment of the manual, yet still compete on tracks/roads with curves.

bitch, bitch, bitch....you sound like ECI of days gone past...........:bash:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Yeah Evo, I was curious as well, whats going to be the limit/breaking point of that transmission??

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Lastly, how does the OP know this car is full weight from a single interior pic?
There could be all kinds of weight removal on the car that you c can't see from that sole pic.

Cause the owner Evo SAYS so...............how bout them apples?

Users who are viewing this thread