Fully loaded, Full weight Automatic 2011s runs mid 11s @ 120mph N/A

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I thought this was worth posting about.

Mods are bolt-ons, bogarts and a stall. This is a full weight GT, navigation, shaker, premium interior, etc..Only option it doesn't appear to have is the glass roof.

evo1.jpg

evo2.jpg

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Break down of the runs..

11.57 @ 120.66 with a 1.695 60ft
11.51 @ 119.98 with a 1.61 60ft (hotlap)
11.51 @ 120.12 with a 1.63 60ft

tistan

Established Member
That is bad ass. What is he using for skinnies up front? It seems like it would be hard to clear those brembos.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
awesome, but neutering such a capable car to straight line 1320' racing is beyond me.

make that bitch turn and drive it for more than 11 seconds at a time.

ViciousJay

Established Member
awesome, but neutering such a capable car to straight line 1320' racing is beyond me.

make that bitch turn and drive it for more than 11 seconds at a time.

if your talking about an auto i completely agree, its sad to see people sacrificing the driver mod for a couple of tenth's

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Yes, but this is the factory 6spd automatic with a stall. It's no slouch of a transmission, I'm sure it would hold it's own on an open track.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
There is a guy here in Va that has a auto '11 with headers and a 125 shot that ran 10.90s

Driver72

Established Member
if your talking about an auto i completely agree, its sad to see people sacrificing the driver mod for a couple of tenth's

A couple tenths? Has a stock, and I mean completely stock down to the tires run any better than a 12.7?
IIRC 12.7 is the best a stock manual GT has run. I don't think the auto has done any better.
At this point the auto isn't any faster, it's a bit slower or at best equal to the manual in acceleration.

Even modded, if anything, as you stated it takes away the driver mod so you may get a bit quicker on average, but with the driver mod all else being equal I'd still say the manual is equally as fast.
The auto in the 2011 GT is just so dang BORING, you get none of the modern day tech advancements with it (paddle or floor shifting ability, rev matching, sport mode, holding gears at redline, etc etc) that it's sad when you can get this in $15k economy cars but a performance car like the Mustang has just a plain jane automatic with no driver involved options or modern tech goodies to make it at least somewhat entertaining.

Lastly, how does the OP know this car is full weight from a single interior pic?
There could be all kinds of weight removal on the car that you c can't see from that sole pic.
Race it on street tires too, how good does it do? At least then, even with an automatic, it takes a wee bit of driver skill to launch the thing to it's best ability.

Driver72

Established Member
Yes, but this is the factory 6spd automatic with a stall. It's no slouch of a transmission, I'm sure it would hold it's own on an open track.

If you are talking a track with curves, it would get murdered by the exact same car but with a 6 speed manual.
You can't even hold gears in that thing for corners, the tranny would shift to 5th or 6th while you slowed to 40 mph for the curve, then powering out of that apex with any speed and finesse will be ugly. The minute you nail the throttle it would then drop down to 2nd and on a tight corner you'd spin with the sudden surge of power. The manual driver would of downshifted to 2nd during the braking and be ready to accelerate hard and smooth out of the apex.
And then you also can't get the Brembo brakes with the auto so braking would be compromised.

On a track with curves an auto GT has no chance against a manual, none. It wouldn't even need to be a track, hit up a nice curvy canyon road against a manual GT and the auto guy would be lost in the rear view mirror if they were equal drivers. Throw on the Brembo brake package and it would be even worse for an auto GT in the canyons too.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member

yea but still its an auto and my g/f can drive an auto and probably net thise times too but throw her in a manual car and trying to drive that is like me trying to speak japanese

ViciousJay

Established Member
A couple tenths? Has a stock, and I mean completely stock down to the tires run any better than a 12.7?
IIRC 12.7 is the best a stock manual GT has run. I don't think the auto has done any better.

If memory serves i think someone got a 12.5 or 12.4 stock down to the tires, if not wait till fall when these cars can get some decent air to breathe, ill bet someone gets a 12.2 stock or just on a tire

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
At this point the auto isn't any faster, it's a bit slower or at best equal to the manual in acceleration.

Even modded, if anything, as you stated it takes away the driver mod so you may get a bit quicker on average, but with the driver mod all else being equal I'd still say the manual is equally as fast.
The auto in the 2011 GT is just so dang BORING, you get none of the modern day tech advancements with it (paddle or floor shifting ability, rev matching, sport mode, holding gears at redline, etc etc) that it's sad when you can get this in $15k economy cars but a performance car like the Mustang has just a plain jane automatic with no driver involved options or modern tech goodies to make it at least somewhat entertaining.

Lastly, how does the OP know this car is full weight from a single interior pic?
There could be all kinds of weight removal on the car that you c can't see from that sole pic.
Race it on street tires too, how good does it do? At least then, even with an automatic, it takes a wee bit of driver skill to launch the thing to it's best ability.

i have detected a hater post....iirc a stock one has been 12.3's....I know 12.5's

Todd03Blown

Established Member
If memory serves i think someone got a 12.5 or 12.4 stock down to the tires, if not wait till fall when these cars can get some decent air to breathe, ill bet someone gets a 12.2 stock or just on a tire

yea there has been an auto or 2 that has run 12.5's bone stock...One of them got that crazy MPH of 115 or so as well.

Ltngdrvr

Established Member
What converter is in it???

I have been saying all along that these cars would really haul the mail with a high stall converter.

Need more info!

Users who are viewing this thread