Fully loaded, Full weight Automatic 2011s runs mid 11s @ 120mph N/A

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If memory serves i think someone got a 12.5 or 12.4 stock down to the tires, if not wait till fall when these cars can get some decent air to breathe, ill bet someone gets a 12.2 stock or just on a tire

MM&FF ran 12.3s in 2300DA conditions with drag radials, and 12.6s @ 112mph+ with the stock tires.

That's at a completely average track in the heat. Who knows what it would have done at atco, MIR or Cecil in negative DA conditions like he usually runs his cars in.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
****in amazing how many haters are on this site. If drag racing isnt your thing, so be it. Why rag on someone with an auto trans and setup to bring it to the track once a week? Holy shit. The ones that bitch about auto cars, are typically the ones getting beat by them on the track every time they go out :lol: Also, the Brembos do not cut the stopping distance my much at all, a few feet actually. They are more optimized to be hot lapped for longer periods of time and withstand it. Not many people would actually use the Brembos to their full potential anyways.

All BS aside, thats pretty damn impressive, Id have no problem driving that car all day, every day!

Yeah seriously, I'm not even going to bother lol.......

Driver72

Established Member
bitch, bitch, bitch....you sound like ECI of days gone past...........:bash:

It ain't bitching bro, it's fact.
It's desiring a real auto with the goodies. That's what people have to do to get what they want.
If people didn't "bitch" about the power of the 4.6 and demand updates and upgrades, you'd be stuck with it for years and years.
Wait, Ford gave that to the people anyway.

I have no problems with autos, but the one in the 2011 GT is a disappointment, plain and simple.
Their are Hyundai's with autos that offer a sport mode and "manual" shifting option.
If a plain jane D321L floor shifter is your idea of excellent in a performance car, than what are you doing here?
Join the Toyota forums, their autos are probably like that...oh wait, they probably offer a manual mode in most vanilla boring Toyota's too.

Sacramento runs fast bro.
It's pretty well known, you can't hold that as the standard.
BTW, a 3.31 equipped 6MT 5.0 has also run 12.5 completely stock, so again, before the autophilles get a boner because one or two autos have also run 12.5's at fast tracks, maybe you should wait until there is MORE tests to make blanket statements as to which is "faster" over 11-12 seconds.

BTW, those of us with drag racing experience also knows ET's don't determine if a car is faster. It determines if a car is quicker from a dead stop to 1320 feet. And even then, the ease autos launch and the 90% of driver skill that is removed from doing it still doesn't mean it's quicker, just easier to be quick.

But until there is plenty of actual tests and time slips from same tracks, then it's just way to early to deduce which is faster or quicker in a 1320 foot straight line.
It ain't hating, it's just not fanboy celebrating over something that's not even really known yet.

My 2011 GT is due to be delivered on the 25-27th.
After a bit of break in, I'd be more than willing to meet up with anybody in So Cal with a stock auto 5.0 for some runs to see how the auto and manual match up before my modding begins.
My car will have the 3.55's too, so some 40-120 mph rolls will be in order to see which is really "faster" even with a manual car that does not have 3.73's.

But even if the auto beat me out by a bit, afterward we can hit some twisty canyon roads to see which version is really faster from point A to point B. ;)

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
It ain't bitching bro, it's fact.
It's desiring a real auto with the goodies. That's what people have to do to get what they want.
If people didn't "bitch" about the power of the 4.6 and demand updates and upgrades, you'd be stuck with it for years and years.
Wait, Ford gave that to the people anyway.

I have no problems with autos, but the one in the 2011 GT is a disappointment, plain and simple.
Their are Hyundai's with autos that offer a sport mode and "manual" shifting option.
If a plain jane D321L floor shifter is your idea of excellent in a performance car, than what are you doing here?
Join the Toyota forums, their autos are probably like that...oh wait, they probably offer a manual mode in most vanilla boring Toyota's too.

Sacramento runs fast bro.
It's pretty well known, you can't hold that as the standard.
BTW, a 3.31 equipped 6MT 5.0 has also run 12.5 completely stock, so again, before the autophilles get a boner because one or two autos have also run 12.5's at fast tracks, maybe you should wait until there is MORE tests to make blanket statements as to which is "faster" over 11-12 seconds.

BTW, those of us with drag racing experience also knows ET's don't determine if a car is faster. It determines if a car is quicker from a dead stop to 1320 feet. And even then, the ease autos launch and the 90% of driver skill that is removed from doing it still doesn't mean it's quicker, just easier to be quick.

But until there is plenty of actual tests and time slips from same tracks, then it's just way to early to deduce which is faster or quicker in a 1320 foot straight line.
It ain't hating, it's just not fanboy celebrating over something that's not even really known yet.

My 2011 GT is due to be delivered on the 25-27th.
After a bit of break in, I'd be more than willing to meet up with anybody in So Cal with a stock auto 5.0 for some runs to see how the auto and manual match up before my modding begins.
My car will have the 3.55's too, so some 40-120 mph rolls will be in order to see which is really "faster" even with a manual car that does not have 3.73's.

But even if the auto beat me out by a bit, afterward we can hit some twisty canyon roads to see which version is really faster from point A to point B. ;)

Dude, you are crazy. You call the tranny a disappointment because you can't manually shift it...? Ever think that there is no point of shifting manually if the computer can be told to do it?

grnenvy

Established Member
lol

lol Sorry bro but thats an opinion. I have had the best of cars. I just got rid of my 08 E63 it had paddle shifts on the wheel. NO BIG DEAL!!
The most important thing with a car is all about how long things will hold up.
Not all the European bull shit. If the auto can last it will be the shit. :banana::banana:

A couple tenths? Has a stock, and I mean completely stock down to the tires run any better than a 12.7?
IIRC 12.7 is the best a stock manual GT has run. I don't think the auto has done any better.
At this point the auto isn't any faster, it's a bit slower or at best equal to the manual in acceleration.

Even modded, if anything, as you stated it takes away the driver mod so you may get a bit quicker on average, but with the driver mod all else being equal I'd still say the manual is equally as fast.
The auto in the 2011 GT is just so dang BORING, you get none of the modern day tech advancements with it (paddle or floor shifting ability, rev matching, sport mode, holding gears at redline, etc etc) that it's sad when you can get this in $15k economy cars but a performance car like the Mustang has just a plain jane automatic with no driver involved options or modern tech goodies to make it at least somewhat entertaining.

Lastly, how does the OP know this car is full weight from a single interior pic?
There could be all kinds of weight removal on the car that you c can't see from that sole pic.
Race it on street tires too, how good does it do? At least then, even with an automatic, it takes a wee bit of driver skill to launch the thing to it's best ability.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Also, offering stupid little gadgets like paddle shifting, manu-matic modes etc add a significant amount of money to the MSRP, and would require a good amount of R&D from Ford engineers. Would you really like the price to go up more for an option like that? I know I dont, the great thing about the GT is the performance to dollar ratio when compared to most others in its bracket.

And Im sure that companies will be producing manual valvebodies for these transmissions fairly soon..

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Race it on street tires too, how good does it do?

Drag racing on street tires is a waste of time, if you're trying to run a good number you need traction, period.

Using ATCO for ET's is like using Sacramento for trap speeds (which are also well known to run 2-2.5 mph fast)

Sacremento's timing gear may be out of whack, but Atco is just a good track at sea level with good air and good track prep. There are several other tracks in the midatlantic region that all produce good times, MIR, Cecil, etc. It's great watching people whine cause they live somewhere that's hot, or have crappy tracks.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I don't know what that's about. My 07 Automatic GT's best 1/4 time of 10.73@128 was at Etown. My best at Atco was a 10.88 at 125

I will be bring my manual new 5.0to both tracks. So we shall see.....

Both the new automatics and sticks are fast and a blast! Lovem both!
6 speed automatic that can hit the gear hard over and over perfect? What's not to love! And they will take some serious power too!

Umm no. My last two cars, BMW 335i's had autos and they are faster than the manuals, tested many, many times but the autos in the BMW's also had shorter gearing. But the BMW autos have frills that made it at least 1/2 way entertaining to drive.

No stock 12.3's from any car, I've heard of around low to mid 12's on 5.0's with slicks. But I'm talking STOCK.
There might of been a 12.5 but that was at ATCO. Which runs .2-.3 faster than most tracks.
I don't think a manual has run there yet, but manuals have run 12.7's at "normal" tracks.
Using ATCO for ET's is like using Sacramento for trap speeds (which are also well known to run 2-2.5 mph fast)
At a track that's not world known to have a bit optimistic times what's the fastest auto?

Or let's wait to see a manual and auto at ATCO on the same day, both truly stock down to the tires. But for anybody to make a blanket statement that the auto 5.0's are faster based on one run at a track known to be optimistically fast is ignorant to say the least.
True too, Ford has stated they got slightly better times in the auto with their testing, but the question then is, "could their tester drive a manual worth a crap?"

It takes a lot more than one test to make factual scientific statements.
And again, ONE test at ATCO without a manual there on the same day to compare is FAR from accurate to make ANY kinds of deduction statements of facts from.

One thing is true, and no scientific tests needed, the auto would get creamed on a track with curves or a canyon road against a manual.
The auto in the 5.0 just does not have the modern goodies to allow it to hold revs and rev match downshift and so forth for it to even have a chance against a well driven manual in the curves.

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Well my stepdad a ford transmission guy said the 6r80 is hands down fords best designed auto ever and hd. It has no bands just clutch packs and planetaries. We'll be able to shift yes exactly same. Being it has been put in big azz suvs and f 150's w towing involved I'd say better than the old auto's.

Yea I got my 03 too so I'm not bitching. Who wants to be stuck in traffic creeping along w a racing clutch? Lot different than cruising the open road.

I still want to know who the hell did this stall? Guess I'll start calling as nothing on the web about one.

DIB5.0

Established Member
The problem is most can not drive a stick worth beans. Love coming up on a stick Camaro SS, GTO or anything. 99% of the time i destroy them with my gay stock '11 auto.

Users who are viewing this thread