Gas Tank Security

MikeW

Established Member
Yeah, I and need to drop my FULL tank tomorrow to check the homemade PPRV delete and install the lethal kit. I do wish there were a way to drain/siphon it.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I saw replacement caps at PepBoys for like $15, it's not the whole door it's just the black cap and it came with a key to keep people out of it. Maybe something someone mght be interested in, I thought it was a good route to go for the ones, like me, who don't like the look of the replacement door and want an easy fix.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Ford sells a locking gas cap. for around $21. It looks stock and has a nice shiny ford emblem you slide up to put the key in. You keep your stock fuel door. I got it so dicks don't dump sugar etc. in my tank in a mall parking lot etc. Yea it happens here in Fla. lots of jealous jerks around.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Locking gas cap. Second thing I bought for my car, first was the car cover.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
None of the above will prevent a thief from stealing your fuel. Thieves bypass all of the factory/aftermarket preventive measures by simply punching through the tank from under the car. So not only do they get your fuel, but they ruin your tank as well. Very simple to do because the tank is exposed. It was on the news last week. So it's actually happening now.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
None of the above will prevent a thief from stealing your fuel. Thieves bypass all of the factory/aftermarket preventive measures by simply punching through the tank from under the car. So not only do they get your fuel, but they ruin your tank as well. Very simple to do because the tank is exposed. It was on the news last week. So it's actually happening now.

So you give me this horrible news with no solution :nonono:

I'm hurt Bob

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry about that! LOL! Actually any preventative measures you can take will help for sure. But as the price of fuel rises it because a more valuable commodity and thieves are then more apt to just use "force" to get what they want. Very sad. Actually I've always wondered why the gas tank isn't enclosed anyway, outside of maybe it being a safety hazard if a leak developed. Because an enclosed tank would make it pretty much impossible for a thief to get the fuel unless they steal the entire car.

wvmystichrome

Established Member

You hit the nail on the head Cobrabob.

It was on the local news a few months back about how some individuals just slid a oil pan type catch can under cars and drilled a hole with a cordless drill on a whole street full of cars in our region. No matter what you do there is someone out there who will think of ways to steal what is yours.

Our nightwatchman at work caught an individual doing the same thing at our repo lot about 3 weeks ago. Called the WV State Police and they told him to let the guy go because there was no way to prove the gasoline in all the containers in the back of his truck came out of our vehicles. I forgot how many containers of gas was in the back of his truck but I am thinking he got caught with about 100 gallons of gas.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
So you give me this horrible news with no solution :nonono:

I'm hurt Bob
Tie a Pit Bull to the back of your car when you park it. Be sure there is some shade and leave him a bowl of water.

And for God sake, please remember that he's tied back there when you get ready to leave.

The serious solution is good insurance plus motion sensors tied to a good alarm. Even then if they want your gas, they're probably going to get it.
Sorry. :shrug:

RussZTT

Established Member
Anything can be taken no matter what it is. If someone wants something bad enough, they will get it.

Users who are viewing this thread