GatorBack Belt Needed

Bruin08

Established Member
Im looking for a GatorBack supercharger and inner belt. I am running all stock size pullies and no Auxilliary Idler Pulley. If anyone knows where I can buy both together please let me know. All I can find is Summit Racing selling the s/c one. Thanks.

BTW Yes I posted this in the vendor section.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Go to you local napa or car quest store. They both carry gates belts. I know a lot of people run gator backs but gates is by far a better belt. When you buy a blower the belt that comes with the blower is a gates. We run gates belts at work on big diesel engines and have few problems. Gatorbacks get torn up in no time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Go to you local napa or car quest store. They both carry gates belts. I know a lot of people run gator backs but gates is by far a better belt. When you buy a blower the belt that comes with the blower is a gates. We run gates belts at work on big diesel engines and have few problems. Gatorbacks get torn up in no time.

Wow, that is totally false info there! I only used Gatorbacks with my Cobra and NEVER had an issues. A lot of people here use Gatorbacks as well. The only way a Gatorback belt should get "torn up in no time" is if a non-slip upper pulley was installed incorrectly. :dw:

For the inner belt I would use a Gates.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
I'm stating what I have seen. I have had no luck with a gatorback on anythig I have ever used it on.

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
^ +1 just bought a gatorback. worked awesome for 100 miles or so. did a couple pulls with it and the rest is history.

Users who are viewing this thread