Gauge cluster light swap

Shaunmac9128

Established Member
Hey guys. Kindof new here. I'm a V6 owner :uh oh: but I am swapping in a termi gauge cluster because I think they look awesome, I bought it from a guy on here. I'm wondering if there is a way to swap the bulbs or something to make the gauges glow a different color than green. Just looking for a yes or no answer and what to do if it can be done. Thanks guys.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
No....the gauges themselves light up if im not mistaken. I'm pretty sure its not as simple as just changing out bulbs

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
you should also looking in to swapping out that big ol v-6 for something a bit more manly.....such as a....i dunno....say...a....supercharged v-8?

Shaunmac9128

Established Member
You have to turn of the PATS system which my tuner did and then it will work. Trust me if I had some money to blow I would be doing an M112 swap on my 3.8 but if I had alot I'd sell my car and get a termi in a heartbeat.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
As others mentioned, there are no bulbs so changing the color is not possible.

Will our cluster even work with a V6 and its ECU?

Yes, though the PATS info and milage is stored in the cluster, so you have to either disable PATS with a tuner, or have your PATS reprogrammed to your new cluster, which can be done at most dealerships.

03sm3341

Established Member
My cluster changes colors. I had my transformer go out which means the lights went out. I sent it to a guy an here and when it came back fixed i have an option of the factory green look or a green that is very close to the lights on your radio and other buttons. But in your case No you cant change them as metioned.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
My cluster changes colors. I had my transformer go out which means the lights went out. I sent it to a guy an here and when it came back fixed i have an option of the factory green look or a green that is very close to the lights on your radio and other buttons. But in your case No you cant change them as metioned.
Who did you send it to? Looks like many others have had their cluster go out.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
It seems like some gauges I see light up a real nice teal color, but mine seem to light up more of a greenish color..weird.

Users who are viewing this thread