Gauging Interest: Retrofitted HID Headlights

Are you interested in retrofitted HID headlights?

• Total voters

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
I am in the process of buying some HID's for my car. I planned on paying $400 for the kit... so another $50 and the downtime to have my light fitted is very interesting.

I also remember seeing a thread about a someone that had theirs fitted too, but it wasn't that long ago. I'm going to try and find it. They looked awesome!

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
It'll be hard to retro mustang headlights with projectors without making them look like dog poo. That set posted in this thread on the DSG cobra look better than most, but not great. It will take the right lens (size) inside the headlight to make them look decent, and the only thing i'd change on that DSG set would be painting the chrome ring around the projector black to make everything blend in more.

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
got a sale here if they look good. i would be a lot more interested in sending mine into you. that way i know the condition of the housing. ie someone sends a crappy set that has 100000 miles on them and get mine back that has less than 20000.

94vert50

Established Member
I personally don't care that much about headlights so I probably wouldn't do it.

LOVE the Terry Tate Avatar though... "It's MIIIIIIIIND GAAAAAAAAAAAAMES."

stangin99

Established Member
Preliminary Pictures

Preliminary pictures....

These are of an OEM housing with a retrofitted projector installed. I did not install the lense because of the sealant that Ford uses. It would take a LONG time to clean it out of the lense-groove. Also due to this sealant, it takes a lot of heat and a LOT of time to take these apart. And this causes the housing itself to get chewed up a bit(see the pics). Because of this, aftermarket housings will be my headlamp of choice.

However, I can at least use these to mock-up the projectors. So disregard any damage to the housing, I'll get some aftermarket ones ASAP. Now onto the pics.

Lense "mounted":
IMG_0246.gif

IMG_0266.gif

IMG_0268.gif

Back of headlight/projector: (still drying)
IMG_0270.gif

Cutoff:
IMG_0244.gif

IMG_0243.gif

I have another style of shrouds coming in early this week, which I think might look a little less busy. Pics will be up once they finally arrive.

Last edited:

pony23

Established Member
Thats looking pretty damn nice. What projector did you end up using? I'd like to see them mounted on a car, I might be very interested.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
VERY nice.

I've been looking for a set of HID lights done RIGHT and couldn't find any. All of the kits available are just replacement bulbs. What I want is HID projectors that have the proper cut off, like the one in the above picture.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
hmm, i already have the hid conversion that is plug and play with all the stock hardware but i am interested in see how much of a difference the projector makes compared to stock.

stangin99

Established Member
that looks very cool! What model projectors are those?

These are the Infiniti FX-35 projectors, but have a clear lens and are considered "FX-R" projectors. They are bi-xenon and have high and low beams (I didn't get a chance to tryout the high-beam yet).

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
looks alot better than what i thought :beer:

are you going to do some for the people that want the tinted headlights ??

and do ya have a price figured out yet ??

black 10th vert

Established Member
These are the Infiniti FX-35 projectors, but have a clear lens and are considered "FX-R" projectors. They are bi-xenon and have high and low beams (I didn't get a chance to tryout the high-beam yet).

I kind of thought they looked like the FX projectors.;-) I think that if you painted the chrome reflector on the headlight semi flat blat it would really make it look great.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
As posted in the other board, count me in. ..
Shoot me a PM when my set is ready. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread