Get 21 now or order 22?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They're going to miss the 30th Anniversary of the SVT Cobra...I guess there's no more SVT so they don't care so much.
How can you celebrate the 30th anniversary of SVT...when it hasn't been around since 2014?

That's like you celebrating your first marriage's anniversary with your second wife.

Sent from my Potato

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
True, Nick. SVT has been dead since 2014. If there isn't a current SVT model Mustang, why/how could there be a 30th Anniversary? Your analogy is funny.

shelbyvin

In 2020 shelby gt350 built heritage edition and that was last year for them, send off year.....2022 shelby gt500 doing heritage edition so this would be last year for sure.

1FASFKR

Established Member
You can't change the 21. I would go with the 22 custom built with the options you want.

The 22 base model should start production in February, followed by the CFTP in March.

To the best of your knowledge @Snoopy49, will the base start prod this month?

Snoopy49

Established Member
From what I hear, GT500 production won't start until March. It looks like the weather just does not want to cooperate.

Flat Rock, MI

1644170643572.png

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
^ This. I ended working mines back to a 5k over, so I went for it. Glad I did. I am very happy with my purchase.

Now.....let the mods......BEGIN !

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
^ This. I ended working mines back to a 5k over, so I went for it. Glad I did. I am very happy with my purchase.

Now.....let the mods......BEGIN !

Plus you don't have to wait! I switched to a Bronco Raptor as nobody was in line at my dealership on announcement day. Build and Price went live, dealer has my specs, now just waiting to enter order on MSRP deal.

If I hadn't gone this route I would have been tempted to find an Anti-Matter Blue 2021 on a lot given the pricing increase.

BCPD199

Established Member
Ford Authority is saying the S650 is going to push to 2024MY debut. So your original title ends up being correct after all. I'm hoping that Ford can confirm soon whether there will be a 2023 S550 GT500, I'm assuming there will be if this is true.
With the supply chain being what it is, this would make sense. Christ, how long has FCA been building the Challenger/Charger. They've gotten every penny back on machine work needed. All things considering, the S550 assembly line is running as smoothly as could be expected. Why hump it up with new tooling? a '23 S550 could be very profitable while delaying the '24 S650.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
With the supply chain being what it is, this would make sense. Christ, how long has FCA been beuilding the Challenger/Charger. They've gotten every penny back on machine work needed. All things considering, the S550 assembly line is running as smoothly as could be expected. Why hump it up with new tooling? a '23 S550 could be very profitable while delaying the '24 S650.
The plant is currently being changed over for the S650.
I’m expecting the ‘22 to be the final S550 as we’ve been told in the past.
-J

BCPD199

Established Member
BiminiLX, no doubt you're correct; but, FCA certainly knows hops to squeeze every bit of profit out of their challenger tooling.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
BiminiLX, no doubt you're correct; but, FCA certainly knows hopw to squeeze every bit of profit out of their challenger tooling.
Also correct.
I had a ‘16 Hellcat Charger for 3yrs and currently daily a ‘21 Trackhawk and plan to order a final year Charger Redeye Jailbreak whenever the final year is announced. Hoping it’s ‘23 on those.
I’ve always been a Ford/SVT/Ford Performance fan but really can’t say anything negative with my FCA SRT experiences.
SVT/SRT/AMG probably only cars I’ll drive if I have the opportunity.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread