Getting a GT350 at MSRP

BlownAway03

Established Member
Its been asked and answered. The question I have is if he has gotten deals on the above cars why in the hell is he worried about adm?

Good thing he does not want the 993! That ADM has doubled the value of a 20 year old car!

You never answered. All you wanted to do was talk s**t. You don't seem to get my stance here. I'm not pining over the GT350. I have a perfectly fine world class car. It's not like the GT350 would be an upgrade over the car I have or something. It only interests me because it's more family friendly seat wise and the msrp is attractive. It's no big deal that dealers wanna charge adm. I just won't be buying one. Maybe I'll get one when the market levels, maybe I won't. I'm doing what the idiots paying markup should do. I'm voting with my wallet. That's what I've always done. I'm proud to never have to carry KY Jelly with me when I buy cars. Never have and never will. I value a dollar, buddy. Now let's stop this bickering and play nice, Mr. Sidetracker.

sonic cobra

Established Member
well folks, I think I, and my C7 Z51 will withdraw from this idle speculation for now. All will become known by next spring.... in the bar, at the hotel, after a full days sessions at Watkins Glen or NJMP. First one's on me!
Great time to be an enthusiast.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I called a few places and none are offering at Sticker..all $10k + over... no thanks. I'll wait til the frenzy is over or buy something else. They pulled this crap with the 2013 GT500's as well as a "low volume" build....how did that work out lol.

I could buy a twin for my coupe in Vert form for the same price as a NA standard 350 with the prices being gouged...all set with that shit.
Meh...I saw all the discussion about ADM's on the '13 GT500's. I bought two at MSRP without much effort, one ordered car and one off the floor (although the choices in color off the showroom floor were somewhat limited). The same will happen with the GT350's. In fact, I'll bet once they start hitting dealers within a couple of months there will be dealers selling at MSRP.
S.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Meh...I saw all the discussion about ADM's on the '13 GT500's. I bought two at MSRP without much effort, one ordered car and one off the floor (although the choices in color off the showroom floor were somewhat limited). The same will happen with the GT350's. In fact, I'll bet once they start hitting dealers within a couple of months there will be dealers selling at MSRP.
S.

This.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I originally simply asked how long this adm practice had been in play.

This was pretty clear!

ADM is produced by demand. More demand than quantity of units the higher the value of the vehicle. We have the same thing in housing. Why are there no complaints there? Want adm to go away don't want the car!

With Shelby and the mustang the value it's added because the value of the 60's Shelby mustang which routinely sell for 30 to 50 times what they sold for originally.

You were able to get 6k off the vette because there were more cars than people willing to pay for them. What's the better car? The car with greater want and in turn greater value.

mgmustang1

Established Member
i will never pay msrp let alone a adm+sticker. dont need it that bad. People always ask me whats the strategy with buying a new car. I say you have to be willing to walk away from the deal if its not good. in 2008 i went to look at a shelby gt500 vert in downs ford in nj. they wanted 20k adm. f*** that never bought a car from them and never will. Be patient.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
i will never pay msrp let alone a adm+sticker. dont need it that bad. People always ask me whats the strategy with buying a new car. I say you have to be willing to walk away from the deal if its not good. in 2008 i went to look at a shelby gt500 vert in downs ford in nj. they wanted 20k adm. f*** that never bought a car from them and never will. Be patient.
In my experience, trying to buy from Downs sucks. I have bought several Fords over the last 15 years (since I bought a house in NJ) and have never bought one there despite them being relatively local. It would be a waste of time even talking to them about a GT350, lol.
S.

OKShelby

I have two Hellcat Challengers on order. First one ordered locally, order placed for $1k over invoice...that's $2k below MSRP. Next one I paid $1k over MSRP because they are a larger dealer with more allocations where I'm currently first in line and they are guaranteed an allocation in the next couple of months. Stand up dealers are out there, but it takes LOTS of work (emails, phone calls, google, forums) to find them. But as has been said here, the hype will die as more and more hit the streets. At least FCA/Dodge did change the order process to keep dealers from hoarding by not allowing them to even place an order until they got an allocation, also it has to go to a real person, not some made up order by the dealership, they actually call you (FCA).

But I've been researching the GT350's and thinking about changing my mind, because I REALLY like them. I really want an R but haven't found an allocation yet that is unspoken for to place an order. I have found cars inbound, but not in the color and config I want. I may just wait and get the next GT500, but I've got to find out more info on them.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
In my experience, trying to buy from Downs sucks. I have bought several Fords over the last 15 years (since I bought a house in NJ) and have never bought one there despite them being relatively local. It would be a waste of time even talking to them about a GT350, lol.
S.

I bought my F150 from Downs a month ago...they are under new management now...Brian my sales guy was top notch...I got my F150 7k under sticker.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Any caveats? Your dad owns the dealership? You bough 8 cars from them last month?

I got my Hellcat for 500 over invoice and my GT350, that is in my garage, for under MSRP. So to your point, I have bought 12 personal cars from my dealer over the last 5 years.

I know this is not common for most folks, so I do have a notable advantage in that we have a close relationship and I am at the top of the list for anything cool that I want.

I also have an RS on order for under MSRP, but in the end, I did pay a lot of money to be so fortunate, so for me therein lies the caveat........Steve

sumfoo1

Established Member
are there some dealers that will sell pre-order cars at msrp ?

I really want to get on the wait list for a gt500 but i have such a hard time paying over msrp.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
are there some dealers that will sell pre-order cars at msrp ?

I really want to get on the wait list for a gt500 but i have such a hard time paying over msrp.
Yes.

Good luck lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread