Getting Clear Bra

03miamisnake

Established Member
Next Monday I am scheduled to get my 16k mile 03 DSG coupe a clear bra. My car will be a daily driver for the next year while my high school senior daughter drives the '12 GS Regal until she goes away to school. The guy comes highly recommended by my performance shop, and will be doing my whole hood, bumper and side mirrors. He said 6-8 hours as he will be cutting it while I am there. The car is pretty much mint so I am nervous, however if I dont do it done it will get killed on the Turnpike by bugs. My '10 CTS-V looked like total crap after just 1.5 years. The pitting from the bug guts is awful. At this point I probably don't want to hear any horror stories, but just thought I'd open it up to comments, thoughts, etc.

mrose75

Established Member
I think I will be doing this with any new-like car I get from now on. Wish I'd done it to my Cobra. I'm at 22K and have some not so nice rock chips. What's it running you, if you don't mind me asking?

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
You can now buy it in a can and save big money and when your done you can peel it off.

3M Paint Defender it is called I think.

SNK-BITE

Established Member
I have one on by black 03, cant tell its there and it works really well. Has save me from rock chips once or twice as well.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Clear Bra

I have a clear bra on mine and it works well, can't even tell it's on. My installer said it allows light through and uv rays so when you take it off the paint will be the same as the uncovered. I attach a photo but it is hard to see from that photo.

IMG_4657_zps0b7df192.jpg

mrose75

Established Member
I have a clear bra on mine and it works well, can't even tell it's on. My installer said it allows light through and uv rays so when you take it off the paint will be the same as the uncovered. I attach a photo but it is hard to see from that photo.

IMG_4657_zps0b7df192.jpg

Price?

imflyinbiya

Established Member
I had one on my 2003 that I just removed due to a blemish on the front that was driving me crazy. I want to get it redone. The paint was / is perfect under it.

03miamisnake

Established Member
its done, will try to get pics up tomorrow

It's on. Took about 5-6 hours. The spray is a different product. Even the real 3M product that some use, while very durable, gets rough looking pretty quickly. I will try to post pics tomorrow. It cost $650 for the whole hood, bumper and side mirrors. It was done by Steve at Tint King on Okeechobee and Military in West Palm Beach.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I like the idea but anytime ive seen them down the road they just get so filthy and messy that its clearly evident you have a clear bra. Ive seen them at the ferrari dealer on the old f430s but like i said, give it 1 month of driving and youll see the contours and lines.

dom418

Established Member
Had 1/4 of my hood done, entire front bumper and mirrors with Xpel ultimate which is a higher quality film than the 3m for around $450. Lifetime warranty and I've had both my Terminators done this way and couldn't be happier. You wax it like you would anything else just be careful on the edges so the wax doesn't build up. My guy comes to my house and custom wraps each car, I prefer this because you get better coverage than the pre cut kits. And no his blade never touches my paint. It's an art and these guys have my hours of training practicing their cuts on plexiglass. It's a little easier to see the film on lighter cars but unless you get very close, you will never know its there.
40d4ed0b75a1c8766c461f345f983d83.gif

d0d16b9efe2ed96323f8bff5597eb6a9.gif

dece557590a396d4a822051b76db5ea5.gif

d987b91f630bee1c774d5e770f8bb111.jpg

MiamiSnake

Established Member
What happened to the 50K DSG 03 Cobra with CCW Classics I sold you? You wrecked it? Kind of weird you never mentioned a word on here after buying it and now you have a low mile DSG one?

03miamisnake

Established Member
What happened to the 50K DSG 03 Cobra with CCW Classics I sold you? You wrecked it? Kind of weird you never mentioned a word on here after buying it and now you have a low mile DSG one?

Wrong guy. We spoke about your car, I told you I didn't want to pay extra for the CCWs so you said bring a set of rims/tires and you would take off $1500 I think. We didn't speak after that.

Users who are viewing this thread