Getting gt500 digital boost gauge in gt prem.

Cory351

Established Member
The thing that has me thinking it may be possible is the IAT2 pid. Yes, different pid but the PCM is already set up for it. Might be a similar thing with boost- doubtful but you never know.

As for the IC, if the differences are cosmetic only it's just a matter of using As Built data to program the module. This is how I enabled backup camera with my NAV and how you can use a Boss wheel's radio buttons in a GT.

so how did you change the as built data ?? Trying to do that with my 2013 Shelby to add the Shaker Pro sub box in the trunk my ford dealer had no luck changing the as built data.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Shaun or another tuner can chime in but i dont believe you can do this because the PCM's are different. You'd have to flash with a GT500 strategy which isnt possible...

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
so how did you change the as built data ?? Trying to do that with my 2013 Shelby to add the Shaker Pro sub box in the trunk my ford dealer had no luck changing the as built data.

I don't think the shaker pro addition requires any module programming, should just be adding the box, amp, harness and go.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

If you're going to spend the money, I would go aftermarket...

Or use the $1500 you saved from not getting it, and buy Van's 13-6 kit.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Dont waste your time for the money its NOT worth it.

I agree, as the Shaker 500 door woofers are more than enough bass response for me, and I do not desire any added weight to the trunk. My daughter loves hip hop, yesterday while on Sirius, the door woofers sounded to good it reminded me yet again how the Shaker 1000 isn't required.

skulls

Established Member
Im all for convo...but can we please keep this about the original post...if you want to discuss the shaker system, make a new post...I also bet you'll get way more responses.

Thanks.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Im all for convo...but can we please keep this about the original post...if you want to discuss the shaker system, make a new post...I also bet you'll get way more responses.

Thanks.

See my response. A tuner can answer this question for you. I believe the answer is its not possible.

skulls

Established Member
See my response. A tuner can answer this question for you. I believe the answer is its not possible.

Someone believes they may be able to make it happen...but installing a shaker stereo system is irrelevant to the original topic and muddies the water.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
for real, how did this go from a gt500 cluster boost display thread to a music thread?

Deespeed99

Established Member
Someone believes they may be able to make it happen...but installing a shaker stereo system is irrelevant to the original topic and muddies the water.

How though? All the track apps/center cluster stuff is controlled through the PCM strategy. So you would have to flash with a GT500 strategy which you cant do.

There is no MAP in the GT500, the boost reading on the center display is a calculation from what I understand and have been told. Supposedly somewhat accurate but more of a light show than reliable data. You're better off reading actual boost with a real sensor/gauge.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread