getting into it on private property

Got Boost?

Established Member
is there any kind of law that says you cant smoke em coming up your driveway? aside from noise ordinance i suppose? just curios?

now what about something like a brake stand? noise ordinance/ disturbing peace aside, is there anything that can be done to you?

was just wondering...my dad had slipped his tires a little bit coming up his driveway and a cop lives across the street (was outside at the time) and didn't seem to even take a look at him. i asked why he did it in front of a cop and he simply said it was private property, they couldn't do anything.

just had this on my head lately, wondering if there anything in general making it illegal?

:beer:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Tell your father he is incorrect. He can still be written a ticket for any criminal offense even on private property. In this case, depending on the circumstances, it could be reckless driving (a misdemeanor). The cop probably didnt want to be bothered. I will call Hillsborough County Sheriffs Office before I will handle a situation with a neighbor on my own.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
swoosh_stang said:
Really?

So doing a burnout on private property can still get you in trouble?

Wow, I will keep that in mind.
Beating your wife in your house can get you thrown in jail, so why couldn't spinning your tires?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Beating your wife in your house can get you thrown in jail, so why couldn't spinning your tires?

Wait a minute, I thought once you married them they became your property. And just like your TV, you can throw shit at it if you want to. :D

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Well what if you paved your own drag strip on your own property, wouldn't it be expected to drive as if you where at the races?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
It's a pretty common misconception that being on private property allows you more freedom than on a public street (when driving a vehicle).

Like the dream of buying your own land so you can street race on it and not be bothered. Or have a really long driveway to road race on. Or when people say that you can run from the cops and if you make it to your driveway they can't touch you. Haha, yeah, try it.

And I really don't think any cop is going to bother you if you bark your tires in your driveway dependent on the circumstances.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:

oh yah... cuz spinning your tires and beating your wife are within the same ball park. :rollseyes

While it's easy to understand why it should still be illegal, it DEFINATELY should not warrant such a harsh fine as reckless.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
emig5m said:
Well what if you paved your own drag strip on your own property, wouldn't it be expected to drive as if you where at the races?

Not unless you got the same use permit and had the same precautions and had emergency services available.

SpeedOften

Established Member
WTF said:
oh yah... cuz spinning your tires and beating your wife are within the same ball park. :rollseyes

While it's easy to understand why it should still be illegal, it DEFINATELY should not warrant such a harsh fine as reckless.
My step dad ran from a cop once and tried to hide in our driveway.. cop came flying in after him.. but only gave'm a warning - I think the cop may have felt a little intimidated b/c as soon as my dad came into the driveway my two brothers and I all went outside to see what was up.. there was food in the car.. lol

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
SpeedOften said:
My step dad ran from a cop once and tried to hide in our driveway.. cop came flying in after him.. but only gave'm a warning - I think the cop may have felt a little intimidated b/c as soon as my dad came into the driveway my two brothers and I all went outside to see what was up.. there was food in the car.. lol

Are you stupid?

I seriously doubt the cop was intimidated...he has a gun on his hip.. You have 3 guys.. whoopdee doo..

He gave him a warning because he was being nice.

Got Boost?

Established Member
yeah that is what i thought, and was why i questioned him. wasnt nothing serious that he did, little noise and some tire smoke. some light black strips up his driveway. and i think she was off duty so probably didnt want to waste her time.

1108423520_l.jpg

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Wait a minute, I thought once you married them they became your property. And just like your TV, you can throw shit at it if you want to. :D

LOL, i never seen FordSVTFAN crack a funny. :lol: This thread goes down in Dount shop history.

DanTheMan18

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
You can drive a car on private property w/out a license, correct?

Doubt it. You could still get in an accident or cause damage, in which case you'd need to be insured, in which case you would need a license. At least that makes sense in my head.

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Not unless you got the same use permit and had the same precautions and had emergency services available.

So what your saying is, I too can have my personal drag strip???:idea: lol

Users who are viewing this thread