getting into it on private property

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Why would you want to pull burnouts in your own driveway? Would you shit in your own front room also?

Got Boost?

Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
Why would you want to pull burnouts in your own driveway? Would you shit in your own front room also?

well if it wasnt illegal, i would rather do them in my own driveway than possibly getting caught somewhere else.

jshen

Established Member
Correct

Fourcam330 said:
You can drive a car on private property w/out a license, correct?

Correct, but if the person driving is underage, inexperienced and "could" present a danger to others than the charge would be Reckless Conduct..That is one acts in a gross deviation from what reasonable and prudent person would do and by that placing people or property in danger of being injured or damaged.

There are a number of "traffic related offenses" that also apply to private property. For example, DUI, reckless driving, Hit & Run. There is also the "Reckless Conduct" in GA that covers about anything..

As for the private drag strip...unless you getting permitting it is illegal.

One note on the humorous side...don't drink and drive a driving lawnmower...or golf cart...You can a get a DUI here.

Sandgnat

Established Member
jshen said:
One note on the humorous side...don't drink and drive a driving lawnmower...or golf cart...You can a get a DUI here.

Damn :eek: I sure hope the "open container" citation does not apply too. Might have to remove the cup holder from the mower.

Fourcam330

Established Member
jshen said:
Correct, but if the person driving is underage, inexperienced and "could" present a danger to others than the charge would be Reckless Conduct..That is one acts in a gross deviation from what reasonable and prudent person would do and by that placing people or property in danger of being injured or damaged.

There are a number of "traffic related offenses" that also apply to private property. For example, DUI, reckless driving, Hit & Run. There is also the "Reckless Conduct" in GA that covers about anything..

As for the private drag strip...unless you getting permitting it is illegal.

Gotcha, thanks Jeff. LOL, as a teenager I had to take a saturday driving class to drop points incurred from a speeding ticket a few mos. before. Out of the 25-30 people in the class, two had DUI's from Kelly's Island (spring break for 35+ YOs in Lake Erie). One was riding a bike, the other a golf cart. LMAO.

jshen

Established Member
Sandgnat said:
Damn :eek: I sure hope the "open container" citation does not apply too. Might have to remove the cup holder from the mower.

Fortunately, that applies to motor vehicles being upon shoulder of the roadways or public roadways..and not private drives or lawns

I can't see the golf cart/ lawn mower becoming an issue unless one is making a real butt out of himself..like trying to run over golfers, doing donuts in someone's yard..or mowing down the azalias of a neighbors house while junior is on the back of the John Deere..We have a number of gated communities here where a lot of people drive golf carts everywhere.

I remember a sad case in the Atlanta area where Dad was on his tractor with a bush hog...and was pretty drunk when his driving knocked his son off seat and under the bush hog...

tistan

Established Member
jshen said:

Police could write dui all day long on skidaway island for drunk golf cart drivers.

FBMphil

Established Member
jshen said:
We have a number of gated communities here where a lot of people drive golf carts everywhere.

Worst shit ever. My aunt and uncle lived in Peachtree City for a couple years, and it's FULL of idiot kids and their stuck up families cruising the golf cart trails, driving like idiots.

Then again, I did nearly roll the thing a few times :rolling:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
Or when people say that you can run from the cops and if you make it to your driveway they can't touch you. Haha, yeah, try it.

I love this one. I had an older lady once pass me doing about 65 - 70 in a 55. She did this in front of a LEO. Well as I go past him he U turns in behind me and proceeds to chase the lady in front of me. Little did I know she lived about a mile or so from where she passed me. Well when I got to her house the State trooper was knocking on her garage door as it was only about 2 feet from the ground hollering at her to open up. I guess she thought the same. If I get to my house and in my garage he can't get me. My wife and I laughed for the next 30 minutes on that one.

Also a man in this area, on the Kentucky side of the river, got arrested for drunk driving on his property IN HIS DRIVEWAY. Now get this he was on a riding lawn mower. In Kentucky a riding lawn mower is considered a motor vehicle and he was arrested for DUI. OBTW his daughter called the police on him because she did not want him to get hurt.

You're not safe on your own property IF you are DOING WRONG.

SpeedOften

Established Member
LowNSlowNeon said:
Are you stupid?

I seriously doubt the cop was intimidated...he has a gun on his hip.. You have 3 guys.. whoopdee doo..

He gave him a warning because he was being nice.

uh no actually I'm not being stupid.. when the cop sees 4 guys, (learn to count before calling other people stupid..) and then starts stuttering, and looking like someone just ran over his dog.. I'd say he was intimidated...

He was a towny not a statey too.. And it was in Epping, NH...

Last edited:

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
SpeedOften said:
uh no actually I'm not being stupid.. when the cop sees 4 guys, (learn to count before calling other people stupid..) and then starts stuttering, and looking like someone just ran over his dog.. I'd say he was intimidated...
:eek: Did you use to own an IROC Camaro that was invisible to radar??? :burnout:

Last edited:

Got Boost?

Established Member
grimreefer said:
:eek: Did you use to own an IROC Camaro that was invisible to radar??? :burnout:

:lol: :lol: :lol: thats a classic, everytime i hear about the stealth bomber that shit pops into my head! :lol1:

BigBiscuitCP

Established Member
I had someone try to back their trailer up next to me and rip off my side scoop, dent and scratch the door, quarter panel and mirror and leave the scene. THIS HAPPENED AT THE RACE TRACK OF ALL PLACES! After I questioned some people, someone went to the officer that works there regularly. He investigated and found the people. They claimed they didn't know they hit my car. The officer said he could do nothing because it was on private property... He did take their info and give it to me for insurance I guess. I'm not sure if this contradicts anything that has been stated in this thread... What do you guys think?

:pop:

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
BigBiscuitCP said:
I had someone try to back their trailer up next to me and rip off my side scoop, dent and scratch the door, quarter panel and mirror and leave the scene. THIS HAPPENED AT THE RACE TRACK OF ALL PLACES! After I questioned some people, someone went to the officer that works there regularly. He investigated and found the people. They claimed they didn't know they hit my car. The officer said he could do nothing because it was on private property... He did take their info and give it to me for insurance I guess. I'm not sure if this contradicts anything that has been stated in this thread... What do you guys think?

:pop:

Yes I would like to know the answer to this also. I hear about LEO's not giving tickets in parking lots for crashes becasue of it being on private property.

Yet they can ticket you for burning some rubber with your car, on your property. And they can't ticket some douchebag for smashing your car on private property???? WTF.

VPF

03DOHC

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Beating your wife in your house can get you thrown in jail, so why couldn't spinning your tires?
Because beating someone's ass violates their individual rights regardless of where they are and doing a burnout on your property violates no one's rights. Private property means exactly that regardless of what the government or others thinks it means.

SpeedOften

Established Member
grimreefer said:
no.. I've never owned a chevy... And I pray to God I never will...

The cop was a LOE for the town of Epping, NH (ever heard of the New England Dragway?). This was probably back in 1996. The cop never tagged my stepdad with radar b/c the road my house was on use to be dirt and my step dad had thrown up a nice big cloud of dirt. The car my dad was driving was a 1995 Ford Thunderbird, V8. My step father was probably in his early 50's at the time as well.. So maybe the cop was being nice, but as soon as my two older brothers and I came out of the house, he started stuttering.

But I would like to hear about the guy with the iroc who thought his car was invisible to radar... seems like a winner...

SpeedOften

Established Member
03DOHC said:
Because beating someone's ass violates their individual rights regardless of where they are and doing a burnout on your property violates no one's rights. Private property means exactly that regardless of what the government or others thinks it means.

There's a BK on some private property up in Manassas, VA where a bunch of people go and hang out at, and there's some winners who go to the back of that parking lot and sit there and do burnouts... Does the manager of the BK have to actually file a complaint about the burnouts for the cops to actually give a ticket or something? b/c the cops will sit accross from the BK at a gas station waiting for the ricers to come flying out of the parking lot trying to race eachother. It could be that the cops don't want to ruin it for those that go and arne't being retards but it just seems odd.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
03DOHC said:

AMEN!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread