Getting pulled over. What color is worst for sn95 guys?

What color more eye catching by the fuzz?

• White

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Black

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Laser Red

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Rio

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • PG

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • BAB

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • CY

Votes: 28 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ARdoller

Established Member
its not the car, its the person behind the wheel. if youre not doing stupid stuff, youre not going to get pulled over. most cops would rather not be bothered with having to pull someone over when they know the driver didnt do anything wrong.

the only people that ever complain about getting pulled over, are the people that also hate the cops because theyre doing their job. if youre not breaking the law, theyre not going to bother you.

ive been approached by cops plenty of times before. usually for doing shady things, which gives them a right to question me. one i remember, is i was looking for a bolt in the lot of a gas station at about 2am, where there wasnt any light. i told him what was up, he helped me out for a minute or two and left. its not like theyre out there driving around saying to themselves "oh sh!t, here's a prime candidate... lets pull him over and see if we can get him for something".

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I've only gotten pulled over in my '94 once. But that's cause I was driving slowly through an unfamiliar neighborhood and the cop said I looked suspicious. I didn't get a ticket (wasn't doing anything wrong), but he searched me, my car, gave me a sobriety check.....the whole nine yards.

Cops always bugged me in my old cars though, but they were really attention getting in comparison to my '94.

MKurpicski

Established Member
my car is bright orange and loud as hell, i can tell you the only times ive ever been bothered was when i was doing somehting stupid. color makes you more noticable, your actions behind the wheel get you pulled over

I have to agree with My94GT, I have a 95 Red Cobra and the ONLY time I was ever pulled over in the thing was due to my own stupid fault. I was on a distant back road WAY out of the way of traffic and was doing a burnout, low and behold through the clouds of smoke behind me I see the red/blue lights as soon as he came around the bend. (What are the odds?) I don't think this one mattered what coler my car was since all he could see was the smoke anyway but I dropped out pulled over and spent the next 45 minutes telling him about what I had done to the car and listening to what he had done to his 69. Oh and I did get a seatbelt ticket since he had to give me something.

mk

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I've gotten pulled over, uh... 4 times maybe in my 7 years of owning the car. Three out of the four times its been for no front license plate, once for speeding. Never received a ticket.

I get eyeballed often from police, probably because of the exhaust but I imagine they let me drive on by because 99% of the time I drive around like a grandpa.

Crystal white, lowered, 18" chrome wheels, extremely loud exhaust. It is hard to miss the car...

ARdoller

Established Member
ive been pulled over twice in the 5 years ive had a license, ticketed both times, both times were because i was speeding. nothing excessive, but none the less, i was speeding. they usually give us (around here) a 10mph leeway over the limit, and when i was caught both times, i was doing at least 15 over. i dont tend to drive faster than 10 over, but when i do, i tend to get caught. i know i was wrong, and i have no reason to get upset at anyone but myself.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Ive had 1 stop in 3 years.. But I rolled a stop sign, so its my fault.. Got off with a warning

ARdoller

Established Member
lucky you. i got pulled over for only my second time a few months ago, the first time in 3 years, and i got a $200 speeding ticket. i cant complain because i was definitely wrong, but it tends to make me sick to my stomach that i now have 2 speeding tickets, for getting pulled over twice in 5 years, while i hear stories of buddies of mine getting let off with warnings for constantly getting pulled over, and ontop of that, doing stupid stuff like getting caught doing 70+ in a 25, and even doing 120+ in a 35.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
I think if you have a fast "looking", "sounding" car you will get extra attention from the law. Brighter colors just means you are more visible. If you do anything "wrong" while the "law" is watching, you will get busted. Most officers are very cool and have modified cars themselves. Then there are those that are "always" doing their job, always....44mph on 40mph zone :nono: Get your ass to court kind'a officers. But, hey if you break the law, you break the law no matter how minuscule it might seem to us, a broken law is a broken law you can get cited for. That goes for anyone, specially fast "looking", "sounding" cars! :burnout: JMO

FATPAUL

To The Bat-Mobile!
Established Member
^saleens arent helping keep away the law:poke: lol

I havnt tagged on so many tickets from city cops though only 2. However i used to live in west texas with wide open roads and thats where i got my tickets....damn blower:nonono: haha. And worst it was always the same POS DPS officer who hated my guts...before i left my hometown i took the valve stems out of his tires on his cool cop ride(just one of the little thingsi did lol).:banana::shrug: FTW i hate the po-po!!

Last edited:

jlg32281

Established Member
there was a recent study that showed that all 3 scion models are more likely to be ticketed, along with H2's. i really think the biggest factor is who's behind the wheel and what you're doing.

Mark185

Established Member
I've only been pulled over once, and that was because the officer wanted to b.s with me about the car :)

ARdoller

Established Member
did he ask if you were in a hurry to get anywhere, or was he not even concerned about keeping you from getting where you needed to be?

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Never been pulled over in any of my Cobras but I lived in California for a long time and I had a slammed black vert with chrome 18's and I got eyeballed alot, but that was in Cali. I live in Colorado now and have had a 06 GT that was white with black 20's an 03 with chrome 17's and a CY 98 with chrome 18 Saleens. I have never been pulled over here but my wife says I drive like a granpa probably because I have a CDL and tickets mess me up but I think it's all in how you drive and maybe where you are at may matter a little(Big city vs. small town.):burnout:

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
owned mine for about a year no problems so far. Laser red with a decently loud exhaust but usually when im driving it im just cruising listening to the exhaust. Im more prone to get a ticket in my lincoln than my cobra cause im more likely to have fun with it and it doesnt have cruise control so thats a drag

in the end its the guy behind the wheel not the color of the car

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
never for me... but then again, i dont go rippin' around everywhere. just keep it at double nickel, and they pass me by.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I've received about 8 tickets now for no front plate over the last 4 years. I refuse to drill holes in my bumper. Any other front mount I've seen looks stupid.

I got pulled over once and the cop told me I didn't have a real cobra. I said yes I did. He asked to look under my hood so I popped it. He said he has a GT. He then wrote me a ticket for window tint, no front plate and seatbelt. Jealous bastard. Dude it's a 98 haha. Not like I have a lambo or anything.

Last edited:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Only been nabbed in my car once in 7 years of ownership. Illegal lane usage ticket which I deserved.

I'd say ANY V8 car with loud exhaust is going to attract attention, but red cars statistically get the most tickets :(

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Last summer while I was in Ohio, I got pulled over probably 7ish times, for random reasons [but never cited]

Thats just what it came with driving a black florida plated car 1000 miles away from the state..

Users who are viewing this thread