Getting pulled over. What color is worst for sn95 guys?

What color more eye catching by the fuzz?

• White

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Black

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Laser Red

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Rio

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • PG

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • BAB

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • CY

Votes: 28 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slither

Established Member
I have never had a moving violation ticket in my life, but anytime I drive the supra or a mustang out chances are I will get pulled. So, perhaps in some areas its the actions that get you pulled, but around here its what you drive

jzepp

Established Member
I don't get bothered much by the cops. I have a laser red convertible. With the top down and offroad h-pipe cruising by the cops they have never stopped me. I will admit though, they do stare at me. I have only got pulled over for tinted windows. They are 20%. They are illegal but the cop gave me a warning about it.

There is a county in Maryland where i have heard that they love to pull you over for just having tinted windows. I have heard this from the business that did the tinting on my windows. I have avoided frequenting that area since i have have my windows tinted too dark.

Last edited:

Teksid281

Banned
I have never had a moving violation ticket in my life, but anytime I drive the supra or a mustang out chances are I will get pulled. So, perhaps in some areas its the actions that get you pulled, but around here its what you drive

I find that hard to believe, especially having ridden in the Lexus you bought from David. You probably dont remember me but I met you at his house once and another time in South Boston. Ive always wanted to see your Supra and I hear about all these nasty Mustangs you have or have had.

As far as myself goes, I get pulled in my car atleast 2 or 3 times a year. Most of the time it is for no front plate. Only have 2 speeding tickets, one I got while driving a rental PT Cruiser :rockon: Only time the cop has ever really been a d bag about the situation was when i passed a tractor on a double yellow. I know I was in the wrong but he was going seriously 5 mph and refused to pull over on a long straight stretch. I didnt even brake the limit to pass him but the unmarked statey 3 cars back didnt care. Ended up writing me for everything he could.

Slither

Established Member
Find what hard to beleave? The no tickets part? I just use GOOD sense, definatly not saying I have never broken the law, I think I have street raced everyone in my area, your area, and NC at one time or another. Honestly, all the tickets I get are for little BS like front plate, stuff like that that they never mess with me about on my truck.
Matter of fact, I "think" I raced you/your car with the lexus right after I got it? LOL. Stupid thing, had to sloooowwwwwlllllyyyyy ease into it or it would just go nuts when I first got it.
But yea, EVERYTIME I drive the supra out in the day I get pulled. Chances are I dont get a ticket, but its still a hassle. Same with a mustang or anything else I drive out.

I find that hard to believe, especially having ridden in the Lexus you bought from David. You probably dont remember me but I met you at his house once and another time in South Boston. Ive always wanted to see your Supra and I hear about all these nasty Mustangs you have or have had.

As far as myself goes, I get pulled in my car atleast 2 or 3 times a year. Most of the time it is for no front plate. Only have 2 speeding tickets, one I got while driving a rental PT Cruiser :rockon: Only time the cop has ever really been a d bag about the situation was when i passed a tractor on a double yellow. I know I was in the wrong but he was going seriously 5 mph and refused to pull over on a long straight stretch. I didnt even brake the limit to pass him but the unmarked statey 3 cars back didnt care. Ended up writing me for everything he could.

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
I have not been pulled over in the 2.5years owning my cobra.

Pulled over once in my lightning for speeding 40 in a 35 speed limit wasnt posted from the exit of my grandma's neighborhood to the stop light i stopped at cop pulled a u-turn going the other direction to pull me over, it was red and pretty loud so i figure that's why.

Pulled over once in my 86 gt my tail lights had a short so i got pulled over by a sheriff, but he was really cool asked if i needed help since i thought i had fixed them and they were working before i left my work. My car was idling(was cammed and loped pretty hard) and he complemented the way it sounded, i patched them real quick and he said be safe and went on his way. No warning or ticket.

And Finally, I got a reckless driving ticket in a '99 Plymouth Grand Voyager mini-van. I drove the van cause it was cold and had just lightly iced and the 86 would not have liked being driven on that stuff. Was leaving work late one night around 12am, guy i work with left right before me in his truck and stomped it peeled out across the parking lot, and i said to myself what and idiot, it was a lowered ranger with loud exhaust. So i proceeded out of the parking lot and i wasnt used to driving the big assed van and i clipped the curb as i was turning right at the stop sign and the tires kinda squeeled cause it was really cold, but i didnt think anything of it and started getting on the turnpike to go home. 5 mins later a highway patrol flys up behind me stops me and says he pulled me over for doing donuts in the parking lot, i was like really? I said did you not see the dude in the truck peel out all the way across the parking lot? He didnt seem to care as he wrote me a reckless driving ticket and a warning for some BS license plate frame my mom had on the car. I took it to court with signed and notarized affidavits and a witness from my work to plead my case i thought i had a solid case considering i had witness's and statement saying exactly what happened. I was wrong. Cop made up the biggest load of BS story ive ever heard saying they saw me doing donuts then he measured 106ft of skidmarks i left when i did a burnout in the parking lot, of course they didnt have pictures but the judge didnt care i got about 5 words of rebuttal in and the judge said im sorry son the story is too convincing your guilty.

So yeah ive had 3 cars/truck that could attract attention and i end up getting noticed in a mini-van.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
I'm pretty shocked lazer red is near as popular of a choice as is. It's not as bright as rio, which tends to look more like a candy apple red. Even so, Yellow is a hands down. I thought i'd have almost twice as many votes in this catagory.

juliet2kg

Established Member
He asked me if i repainted the car because "it looks green, but your registration says purple"

:lol: I get that a lot too. Someone called 911 for me after an old lady nailed my rear bumper in traffic (Pinellas Park, FL) and said my car was ?GREYISH? :nonono:

I drive my bf's rio red about just as much as mine and haven't gotten a ticket yet. He averages about 2-3 tickets a year. He deserves them all... 80 in a 30, etc. We just got a new radar detector so maye it'll go down a bit.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
Dude here is the best story... I bought a ZY 01 cobra 2 years ago, I met the guy i bought it from about 90 miles away. We do our buisness off nys thruway exit. I hop on thruway, and off I go. I made it 4 f***ing miles before I got my 1st speed tik.cop was like:nono: Okey Dokey I'm back off make it home,n decide to take it out for a spin and guess what happened? ............... Another speed:fm: after 3 months and about 4 more misc tickets I have to say the yellow is like a magnent.. I am however catching up with the white 03 cobra vert I now have. 2 more speed tix,huge legal bills n no more room fo f**k ups. The race is tightening..

budweiser175

Banned
I get followed a lot in my black cobra and have had my fair share of being pulled over for everything from no seat belt and speeding to a muffler violation.

ya same thing happened to me.. i got pulled over about 6-7 time in about 7 months in my black cobra, lost my license and sold the cobra...still haven't gotten my license back.

i had a charger cop follow me 5-6 miles before he did a u-turn..

Last edited:

97cobraheaven

Established Member
its somethin about yellow, cause its not just cops messing with me.

I get an unbelievable amount of people jackin with me. Honk at me but they are turning the other way, ride my ass like no other. tonight had a car up my ass down a three lane road threw town, coulda picked any lane to go around. finally does after 2 lights at a 50 clip in a 25 zone. Then an expedition(new) just around the corner from the other ding dong speeds past me then slows back down beside me then speeds up again, you know the routine. but it wasnt kids. i just dont get people

JasonSnake

Established Member
its somethin about yellow, cause its not just cops messing with me.

I get an unbelievable amount of people jackin with me. Honk at me but they are turning the other way, ride my ass like no other. tonight had a car up my ass down a three lane road threw town, coulda picked any lane to go around. finally does after 2 lights at a 50 clip in a 25 zone. Then an expedition(new) just around the corner from the other ding dong speeds past me then slows back down beside me then speeds up again, you know the routine. but it wasnt kids. i just dont get people

In this case, it's c.w. Cobras too cause everyone likes to ride my ass even when I'm at the speed limit. I'm usually on the slow lane too as I'm usually not in a rush to get anywhere.

Teksid281

Banned
Dude here is the best story... I bought a ZY 01 cobra 2 years ago, I met the guy i bought it from about 90 miles away. We do our buisness off nys thruway exit. I hop on thruway, and off I go. I made it 4 f***ing miles before I got my 1st speed tik.cop was like:nono: Okey Dokey I'm back off make it home,n decide to take it out for a spin and guess what happened? ............... Another speed:fm: after 3 months and about 4 more misc tickets I have to say the yellow is like a magnent.. I am however catching up with the white 03 cobra vert I now have. 2 more speed tix,huge legal bills n no more room fo f**k ups. The race is tightening..

I had to laugh at this. I bought my car in Indiana and drove it all the way back to Virginia without plates or a one way pass because I lost it the day of the trip. Raced my friend in the rental and came out of several rest stops sideways, not so much as one cop even looked twice, no stops or tickets. The week I got it home I was pulled 3 times. No front plate, failure to maintain (burnout), and a rolling stop.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Mine's Crystal White. I can't say the color gets it attention from the cops. I've been pulled over six times in it. Three for pretty much nothing, twice for being stupid. This is over a span of ten years, mind you, so I average one pull every two years. Three of them were within the first two months of owning the car though, and two of those within the first week. Those were three of the four that were nothing, except one that was for window tint (Iowa) while I was being passed by someone in a no passing zone while I was doing exactly the speed limit.. I felt violated there. Good job spotting my tinted side windows from behind there state trooper..

Another BS stop had nothing really to do with the car.. while stationed at Ft. Polk, LA I got pulled over for being in the wrong place at the wrong time... I was driving on the road that leads back to post at an early hour in the morning (no curfew, I was returning from the dragstrip at Evadale, TX) and was getting tailgated (by the cop).. I didn't even do my usual tailgate drill (drop hammer in 3rd or brake-check, pick one), and blue lights came on. He immediately asked me "where have you been drinking at?".... I truthfully told him nowhere, that I was returning home from the dragstrip (I still had a shoepolish number on the window). He put me through stupid human tricks, I passed with flying colors, he continued to interrogate me. I had to ask why he pulled me over. He said I swerved a little bit. I asked if I crossed a line (knowing I didn't) and he said no. I took down his badge # and called in a harrassment complaint. I feel he did so. I know I was pulled over thinking he could get a DUI out of me. Sorry. What pissed me off the most was that he assumed and accused me of drinking and driving, without any proof. Not exactly a model cop, last I checked it was innocent until proven guilty in this country, and I wear a uniform and am sworn to uphold that. Sorry if I offend any boys in blue that read this, but honestly I was doing nothing illegal, following the speed limit, used my turn signal as always to change a lane, but I was in an out-of-state plated vehicle on the road that leads back to post at about midnight. If I am correct pulling me over without cause can be considered "profiling".

Royal Blue (glorified purple) is where it's at.. I've gone past cops in my truck doing stuff that should have gotten me tickets (mostly speed), but I've never even been pulled over in it (watch me get a ticket in it tomorrow lol).

The "it's the driver" argument does hold weight comparing the same types of cars, but I drive my truck the same way as I drive my Cobra, in fact I probably speed more in the truck and drive it more aggressively. I have driven the truck 60,000 miles since buying it. I have driven the Cobra 50,000 miles since owning it. I have been pulled over six times in the Cobra, zero in the truck. Stats don't lie .. it's going to take some convincing to tell me that the driver is the only variable, not the car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread