Getting pulled over. What color is worst for sn95 guys?

What color more eye catching by the fuzz?

• White

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Black

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • Laser Red

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • Rio

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • PG

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • BAB

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • CY

Votes: 28 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tt54l32v

Established Member
there are more red cars which is why they are going to get more tickets. if you put all these cars of a diff color in a line. yellow will stick out the most

SNAKEYE

Established Member
I've gotten one ticket in my RR in 4 years for doing 37 in a 39 (in an industrial area where everyone goes 40+) by a radar trap.

Other than that, zero. It helps to be an 'old' man. They just leave me alone.

"37 in a 39"! Really?

"It helps to be an 'old' man. They just leave me alone." Me too, but then I don't draw attention with load pipes, just a howling CAI and whining S/C.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
I am gonna try a little experiment and drive my car like a true blue hair for a couple weeks. I pretty much drive my car to the gym, and on the weekends. I have a work truck that sees most the street time. I feel I behave pretty well but im gonna do one better

PUll me over if i do something but stop following me for the hell of it. Gonna buy a Buick and see what I can get away with in that thing!

John4cam

Established Member
Been pulled over in my BAB for.

Tint, which mine is not dark, cop was just being a peckerhead.

Wound out 2nd gear past a gas station while a cop was getting gas and kinda hidden behind a pump. He saw me out about 10 minutes later and pulled me over. Just got a fine for registration not being up to date.

Wound out 1st gear real quick while a cop was hanging back behind me without me knowing. Got a warning. She told me she knew my family and told me to slow it down, she didn't want to see me wreck such a nice car, Lol.

On the way back from the dragstrip, I just went through 3rd and 4th in a 60mph zone passing my buddy in his t-type, I just let the car wind down and as I was around 85-90mph I pass a state cop. I Just pulled right over Knowing I was busted. To my amazement, he told me I was the slowest he had pulled over that day. He started telling me about his mustang and thats all it took for a warning, hahahahaha.

So 3 out of 4 times it was my fault with some bad luck. I voted CY though because you could see those cars from space.

Venom351R

Established Member
Mines Rio Red,when I take it out from winter storage this will be the third summer I have had it and I have not been pulled over with it yet.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
If you're loud, and especially if you're doing something stupid, you'll attract attention no matter what...though it seems like Mustangs in particular are ticket magnets. My truck's definitely louder, same color, and I haven't gotten so much as a ticket for not having my front plate properly displayed (which I managed to get in the Cobra).

DC97Cobra

Established Member
WHITE COBRAS ARE EVIL!!!!!! I've been pulled over a few times in the white Cobra I had. 2 were my fault and asked for it. The other times though were pure harrassment with one included a bogus non descriptive reckless driving ticket.

The yellow Cobra seems to generate attention but not like the 97 Cobra did. I've been followed and received a couple window tint tickets but nothing more.

Pale Roader

Stuck in Mopar Hell...
Established Member
I actually specifically bought an SN95 GT (woulda liked a Cobra, but they were way more money back then) so i WOULDN'T get attention from the cops. I drive fast everywhere i go. I dont drive like an idiot, and i never really burn the tires at all, but i drive plenty fast and pretty much never stop for a stop sign or red light unless there is another car around (doing my part for the environment you know...). In three years i've been stopped twice; i was smokey'd at a stop sign a block away from my house at bloody 1AM one night and the other was jus' plain speedin' on a stretch ov highway i vowed never to speed on (too many cops...).

I dont like laser red, i'd much rather own black, but i found when i bought the red GT there were at least (as in i counted) five other laser red 96-8 GT's (not including one Cobra and many 6cyls) in the same 80000 population city i live in. Unless i actually get nailed on the spot, it would be near impossible to positively ID my car over the other five in town. I KNOW i've escaped being pulled over because ov this.

When i get my 96-8 Cobra, i still want it black. I'd love to have a yellow one, they look badass, but i've not seen one other one within 60 miles ov my town, let alone my town itself. It'd be like driving my Charger all over again. I used to get told to slow down when i'd be parked, sitting on the damn hood ov that car... Hard to mistake a truly evil looking flat black 72 Charger with a Nascar makeover and a 5" cowl hood and side exhaust...

But those laser red Mustangs...??? EVERYWHERE... If i find my Cobra and it happens to be red and too cheap to refuse, i'll buy it. I'll resist the urge to cosmetically modify it as well. A cool looking car is always neat, but driving fast is way more fun...

"You SURE that was me, officer...???"

Pale Roader

Stuck in Mopar Hell...
Established Member
Heh... I've been intermittently daily driving my smashed-up moss-covered 68 Cadillac hearse with its 3" mandrel Flowmaster duals and 31" mud tires out back for almost 20 years now...

... been pulled over ONCE in that time. I was 20mph over the limit, around a corner, with no insurance (a god damn block away from my house again...) and pretty much REALLY asking for a ticket. Otherwise... not once. I tell you... this car literally looks like a horror movie on mag wheels....

Figure that.

SVTContique

I got pulled over once in my car.

I had an expired licence but i had just spent the last 2 weeks in the hospital and hadnt driven or done anything except recover and do school work for the past month. Cop still gave me a ticket like a jackass. $275....

He asked me if i repainted the car because "it looks green, but your registration says purple"

mystical

Established Member
If you're loud, and especially if you're doing something stupid, you'll attract attention no matter what...though it seems like Mustangs in particular are ticket magnets. My truck's definitely louder, same color, and I haven't gotten so much as a ticket for not having my front plate properly displayed (which I managed to get in the Cobra).

Well said:beer:

JasonSnake

Established Member
In my former Rio Red 95 GT, I've gotten about 3 tickets but were my fault. 1) I got stuck in the middle of an intersection at a red light during rush hour.. cops were on the side waiting for people like me to block the intersection even though I was almost clear of it. Also two speeding tickets.

In my Cobra, only one so far because I did an illegal u-turn at an intersection. With the sun glaring into my eyes, I didn't see the no u-turn sign. Again, a cop was waiting for someone like me to do this.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
This is going to sound ridiculous but ever since I got back from deployment in 2006 I have been pulled over 13 times! Not even joking. I have veteran plates and the police officer always asks about it. It has gotten me out of a lot of trouble. I was pulled over doing 130+ in a 50. Surprisingly they let me go with a warning. It was 2 a.m. and I had been back for 2 months and needed the rush because I was restless that night. Cops let me go. I thought I was going to jail that night. But my luck ran out (and I'm glad it did) when I got arrested for street racing in October. Learned my lesson for sure.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
It would be an extremely close call between rio red and chrome yellow. For red, rio is an eye catcher. Yellow is always sticking out in a crowd tho.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
I got pulled over once in my car.

I had an expired licence but i had just spent the last 2 weeks in the hospital and hadnt driven or done anything except recover and do school work for the past month. Cop still gave me a ticket like a jackass. $275....

He asked me if i repainted the car because "it looks green, but your registration says purple"

Haha:lol: Looks green! Just gotta shake your head on that one and keep your mouth shut

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I had allot of problems with a candy apple Red 66' 2+2 back in the day, but I was real crazy then, and having a 427 ci didn't help. I have had 1 ticket for speeding in my BAB in almost 11 years, and that was late at night in the mountains doing 85 in a 65, stupid move, knew I had been nailed so just pulled over and waited for the county mounty to show up. He was very rude, and questioned if I was on drugs, etc. He didn't even want to hear my plea. Told me to shut up, and turn my car engine off and wait! Jeez, I was 59 yrs old at the time, and working my way into bluehair heaven for crissakes. 2 years ago, do the math.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I get followed a lot in my black cobra and have had my fair share of being pulled over for everything from no seat belt and speeding to a muffler violation.

uofipilot

Established Member
My car has been pulled over twice. Once was on the drive home from bbuying it. I immediately though I was gonna have a lot of trouble, seeing as how we got pulled over not even after an hour of owning it! My dad was driving at the time, and we didnt have plates on it, so I guess it was legit. The other time was for tint, but the cop was just fishing for drunks. No warning, no fix it, no ticket.

Car is black, btw. Ive driven it for 3 summers (about 21 total months on the road).

Users who are viewing this thread