• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Gina Carano

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by TORQUERULES, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Captain Beyond

Captain Beyond Well-Known Member Established Member

2. JAJ

JAJ Active Member Established Member

This whole Gina Carano thing is nothing more than a classic Hollywood publicity stunt to get some free headlines for her new show.

Tunedprt91 and me32 like this.
  3. Corbic

Corbic Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

What new show? She was hoping for a Mando spin off - which isn't going to happen now.

4. JAJ

5. jeffh81

jeffh81 Here’s KingBlack Established Member

Hired by Ben Shapiro

6. thomas91169

thomas91169 # of bans = 5203 Established Member

jeffh81, 03Sssnake and Corbic like this.
  7. JAJ

These movie deals take a while to brew, so they've been working on it for a while. When they were ready to announce her new show, she posted some headline-fodder that would get her fired and get a bunch of attention. Into that storm of attention, they drop the announcement of her new gig. That's all. Hollywood producers have been doing this crap since the 1950's. This is just an up-to-date version of it.

8. Corbic

She also got fired back in November when Disney essentially wrote her out of all future star wars projects. This was contrary to what fans wanted, which was more Gina.

Now we get a strong black gay women Jedi who's on the record for saying "throw white people into wood chippers".

jeffh81, 03Sssnake and dynasty_v6 like this.
  9. TerminatoRS

TerminatoRS Who farted? Premium Member Established Member Party Liquor Posse

^Impeach her from the show. Isn't that grounds for "incitement?" lol

jeffh81 and 03Sssnake like this.
  10. AustinJ427

AustinJ427 Well-Known Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Denver tried to pick him up but he wanted more money. I can't remember who else but there was at least one other team who he turned down as well.

I remember hearing it, but I don't keep up on stats, but he was ranked 32nd in the NFL as a quarterback in his last year. He was worse than some backup quarter backs.

He turned it into a social issue because he was no longer relevant.

Captain Beyond and Corbic like this.
  11. Blown 89

Blown 89 Well-Known Member Established Member

He also no showed a personal combine and used it as a marketing tool (complete with camera crew) instead of a means to find employment. He wasn't blacklisted, he's a terrible quarterback that was a pain in the ass that wasn't worth dealing with.

12. Silverstrike

Silverstrike It's to big to move FAST! Established Member

I always said he was a one trick pony and once people and teams seen what he did, they countered him like no tomorrow. Again if I was not part of a team and the very league set up a date to show up and a place to do field drills, you better believe that I would be there to show my A game. Not sit there cancel it at the last minute and have a photo op at a minor location like the little prick pulled. Like others have said he is nothing but an attention whore and nothing else.

13. Steve@TF

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Premium Member Authorized Vendor

in Hollywood, yes. but Ben Shapiro/Daily Wire is about as far from Hollywood as you can get. she's not getting a show. he reached out to her and offered her a deal to make her own movie. ie, hey Gina, sucks what happened to you, lets make a movie together. Shapiro is trying to get into the movie business by making non-Hollywood flicks that are more on the conservative side. no studio in Hollywood would touch him with a 10' pole. so far DW has produced one film. the critics all down talked it and one of the crew on the show said had she known he was behind it there's no way she would have worked on it (lol).

if you think she would walk away from Mandalorian and her own Disney show that she would star in, to be in a DW movie, i have some beachfront property in Pacoima i can sell you. right on Beachy st. if it wasnt for DW throwing her a lifeline she might never act again and have to go back to fighting lol

Blown 89 and Corbic like this.
  14. Sinister04L

Sinister04L RIP Kane Established Member

Yep, funny that he started all the kneeling bullshit AFTER his ass was on the bench. I don't recall him doing this when he was a starter and was actually doing well on the field. When his days were numbered he suddenly became "woke." He bitched and moaned about being blackballed and when he was given the opportunity to showcase his talents he bailed on it. Shocker!

But but what about Kaepernick?? FOH here with his bitch ass.

tones_RS3 and Corbic like this.
  15. Corbic

And the dude walked away with some obscene 200+ Million contract with Nike (Wike!?) which is more than any team would have ever paid him.

He played the whole country and won big.

Sinister04L and Blown 89 like this.
  16. thomas91169

thomas91169 # of bans = 5203 Established Member

You couldnt be more wrong if you tried in this case. Shapiro had no deal and not even an idea prior to her getting the axe. Once it happened, he reached out to her and they struck up a convo, and what came to be was their working together against cancel culture by creating some kind of movie about it.

17. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Don’t be an idiot Established Member

Lol. You are a moron. Stick to the COVID thread where you have some people fooled into believing you aren't 10ft inside Joe Biden's ass.

RedVenom48 and Rb0891 like this.
  18. Blown 89

Neither Carano nor Shapiro back that up, they've both been pretty open about how it went down and common sense backs that up.

19. JAJ

Stop listening to the sound and watch the picture. She got fired twice by Disney, got a bunch of headlines and now this. It doesn't matter what they say, it's what they did that matters.

You're free to believe what you want. It's just that I don't think any of the hype is real. It's just hype. As for Gina, she did a good job on The Mandalorian. I thought she was great. She'll be great again in her next role, no doubt.

20. Blown 89

Where's your evidence for this? You're suggesting that she left a huge payday with Disney for relatively nothing with the daily wire with no evidence to back that up.

gimmie11s and [email protected] like this.