Glad I live in the US and not the UK.

Zemedici

Established Member
Are they still freaking out about the Wuhan Flu over there? What’s the situation on that? They had crazy lockdowns / rules there for a minute

That food looks like prison food not gonna lie lolol

1996slowbra

Established Member
Are they still freaking out about the Wuhan Flu over there? What’s the situation on that? They had crazy lockdowns / rules there for a minute

That food looks like prison food not gonna lie lolol
There were none when I was there in October, no masking requirements either. Even Germany has gotten rid of masks for everything besides public transit.

VegasMichael

Established Member
We did get some fish & chips while we were there... however it was from a takeout (take away in UK). As I stated previously none of the food places have enough room for sit down dining so you end up having to take the food home and eat it cold. If you want malt vinegar on your fish & chips at the take away they will squirt a few ounces on it before they wrap it up in paper. Of course by the time you get it home and unwrap it the vinegar has made the batter on the fish soggy, subsequently causing it to stick to the the paper and come off when unwrapping. :mad:

Did I happen to mention there is a "Sugar Tax" there? A bottle or can of Classic Coke is taxed heavily compared to say a Diet Coke of the same size. Cost is almost double if the drink has real sugar in it. This goes for all the carbonated beverages.

UK sucks.

U.M.

Not real appetizing...
View attachment 1775663
Philadelphia has a sugar tax as well. Started this shit a few years ago.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
English breakfast is delicious, fish and chips (french fries) is a good eat, and HP sauce is tasty. A Scottish meat pie is pretty good as well.
Gross gross gross. The bacon is a big slab of fat. They have no idea on how to cook eggs besides fried and they serve it with beans. Who eats beans for breakfast? The food in England is GROSS!

Zemedici

Established Member
Standard English food just gives me ‘poor’ vibes lolol

And as stated their bacon isn’t bacon, it’s like fatty ham. Garbage.

Blood pudding / sausage? No thank you

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Gross gross gross. The bacon is a big slab of fat. They have no idea on how to cook eggs besides fried and they serve it with beans. Who eats beans for breakfast? The food in England is GROSS!
I guess it's my version with crispy bacon, baked beans at breakfast no problem for me.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
... Who eats beans for breakfast?

I guess you have never heard of the people they call Latteenos.

1673010983308.gif

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Breakfast tacos = Good.

Beans belong beside a steak or in a Burrito. Neither I’m eating at breakfast if I have other options.

A wise man once said, never trust a man that dont eat steak or burritoes in the moaning….

- a wise men

You dont know what you are missing, mein!

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Breakfast bacon in the UK is actually called a Rasher. It's chewy and not very flavorful.

rasher.jpg

If you want American style bacon you have to ask for "Streaky" bacon. It's not real common and the stuff they do have is not very good either.
streaky.png

Best breakfast item going in the UK are their eggs to be honest.

U.M.

Zemedici

Established Member
Breakfast bacon in the UK is actually called a Rasher. It's chewy and not very flavorful.

View attachment 1775811

If you want American style bacon you have to ask for "Streaky" bacon. It's not real common and the stuff they do have is not very good either. View attachment 1775812
Best breakfast item going in the UK are their eggs to be honest.

U.M.

You’re just reaffirming in my mind that England is an all around awful place hahaha

How many cool cars you seen over there? Everything I’ve seen is mostly lame ass econo boxes.

Couldn’t tell ya the number of times I’ve heard English guys say ‘all American cars exhausts sound bad and are too loud’ (i watch a lot of international YouTube)

Just sounds like a ton of pussy men lololol

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Didn't see any nice cars while I was in Crewe, so I think the car scene is pretty dead there. The town has just 75,000 people and its most noteworthy item is the train station. Crewe is centrally located in the UK and a lot of the different train routes meet up or run through the station there. It's what you would call a crossroads of sorts. 99% of the time when we traveled outside of Crewe it was by train, so not much to see but the countryside wizzin' by. Most of the cars running around town are utilitarian in nature and nothing special. The roads in and around this town suck. Narrow, bumpy, slippery, but for the most part pothole free. Most all of the 2-way side streets are a major pain because people are forced to park out front and nobody has a driveway. So you hang two tires on the sidewalk and the other two out in the road. Effectively the road now becomes a one-way in which you get to play chicken with oncoming traffic. Once you do get out onto a major highway the roads are fine.

This is my son's beater. A 2006(?) Suzuki 1.3L WagonR.
20221124_124437.jpg

It's like this down both sides of the streets in most of the neighborhoods. This road we were staying on is actually a lot wider than most. The row houses, or at least the one we rented are $2500 a month.
road.jpg

20221202_092354.jpg

20221208_110535.jpg

This was the view out of the kitchen window looking at the back yard/ally. Beautiful huh?
20221122_092658.jpg

U.M.

blk02edge

Established Member
Didn't see any nice cars while I was in Crewe, so I think the car scene is pretty dead there. The town has just 75,000 people and its most noteworthy item is the train station. Crewe is centrally located in the UK and a lot of the different train routes meet up or run through the station there. It's what you would call a crossroads of sorts. 99% of the time when we traveled outside of Crewe it was by train, so not much to see but the countryside wizzin' by. Most of the cars running around town are utilitarian in nature and nothing special. The roads in and around this town suck. Narrow, bumpy, slippery, but for the most part pothole free. Most all of the 2-way side streets are a major pain because people are forced to park out front and nobody has a driveway. So you hang two tires on the sidewalk and the other two out in the road. Effectively the road now becomes a one-way in which you get to play chicken with oncoming traffic. Once you do get out onto a major highway the roads are fine.

This is my son's beater. A 2006(?) Suzuki 1.3L WagonR.
View attachment 1775907

It's like this down both sides of the streets in most of the neighborhoods. This road we were staying on is actually a lot wider than most. The row houses, or at least the one we rented are $2500 a month.
View attachment 1775903

View attachment 1775904

View attachment 1775905

This was the view out of the kitchen window looking at the back yard/ally. Beautiful huh?
View attachment 1775906

U.M.
Have you adopted the Adidas track suit yet?

coposrv

Established Member
I lived in Germany for 10.5yrs and would go back in a heart beat. Yes, the U.S. is a great country but it’s the Florida of the world. People bitch and complain about my freedoms. I felt just as free and safer in that country.

Everyone wants free school/healthcare/etc but don’t want to contribute to get there such as higher taxes for those programs. The U.S. mentality is what’s best for my family and **** everyone else.

The U.S idea of patriotism is about the military and what comes with it. Patriotism could also be carrying for your fellow man and bettering the country.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

We’ll put. Except the last part. 50% of our fellow man aren’t worth shit.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread